Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Anyone remember if the Alveary is needed for the Infinity Bee tree in Infinity Beyond? Not a biggie either way, but I could use the materials (well, the wood and seed oil) elsewhere if I can get away with Apiaries.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Unless I'm mistaken, both In The Sea and Modern Skyblock use the 'Better Questing' mod to handle questbooks. Part of me was amused at the irony, since the writer of In The Sea made a point of putting up signs in-world about how BQ is better than HQM. (I haven't yet had an HQM book glitch that hard, and the 'op' questbook is easy enough to acquire and use, from what I've seen posted.)
yes the hqm op book is very user friendly (i've dealt with both) , the only times i've seen something similar in hqm is when a pack update butchers the hqm book.(far easier to recover from that(assuming a warning from the pack dev) then similar admin stuff in bqm)

Reactions: OniyaMCD

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
having issues with farming Koboldite with hobgoblins are they meant to break the picks in like 2 minuets tried both dark steel and diamond picks both seem to last around the same time

EDIT: something is certainly wrong here after spending a while dropping them picks i made a Koboldite pick and gave it one of the hobgoblins only for it to break after 2 hits

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
having issues with farming Koboldite with hobgoblins are they meant to break the picks in like 2 minuets tried both dark steel and diamond picks both seem to last around the same time

EDIT: something is certainly wrong here after spending a while dropping them picks i made a Koboldite pick and gave it one of the hobgoblins only for it to break after 2 hits
I've found myself extremely frustrated with hobgoblins. Weirdly they've never broken their picks if I recall correctly; but they're always losing their leads, dropping their picks, getting angry at me, or all of the above. And I can never seem to get them to actually trade so I can get koboldite nuggets, never mind ingots!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've found myself extremely frustrated with hobgoblins. Weirdly they've never broken their picks if I recall correctly; but they're always losing their leads, dropping their picks, getting angry at me, or all of the above. And I can never seem to get them to actually trade so I can get koboldite nuggets, never mind ingots!
The leads breaking is likely just the Vanilla bug (since at least 1.6) that breaks leads when the chunk they are placed in is unloaded then loaded again. I found it annoying for other reasons than Kobolds, but I usually made sure any slaves I had working were chunkloaded.

To expand on this touch, did the Vanilla lead bug ever get fixed?

M

Menta1Waste1and

I was kicked from this server due to 5 minutes of inactivity, then when I tried to rejoin, it said I was not white listed. Anybody know of a way to fix this?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Most servers have this information on their web page, or in the forum post where you learned about them. Without knowing exactly which server it was, there's not much more anyone will be able to tell you. If it's a whitelisted server, you would have had to have contacted them to get on the whitelist to start with.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
after many hours of testing i worked it out that the block that places the ore/stone matters in the same configuration both TE autonomous activator and project red block placer kill the pickaxes while the open blocks placer doesn't not even sure why they kill the pickaxes in the first place

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Is there a comparable item in 1.12 to the old peaceful table? The mod author seems to have dropped that from the mod, and it makes my GF sad. She has serious vision issues to even killing cows can be a pain in the arse (thank you bait traps)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a comparable item in 1.12 to the old peaceful table? The mod author seems to have dropped that from the mod, and it makes my GF sad. She has serious vision issues to even killing cows can be a pain in the arse (thank you bait traps)

I haven't seen any Peaceful Table mods, but Peacefulpack offers ways to get drops without combat. I've not used it personally, but it may be an option.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I think you can get some of the lower level mob drops from Pam's Harvestcraft traps. Don't know if that's reached 1.12 yet though.

One suggestion Google turned up on Reddit is Woot with recipes tweaked to disable the need for mob drops to make it.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I think you can get some of the lower level mob drops from Pam's Harvestcraft traps. Don't know if that's reached 1.12 yet though.

One suggestion Google turned up on Reddit is Woot with recipes tweaked to disable the need for mob drops to make it.
That's a good idea! :) if you're only going to use it to spawn passive mobs anyway (and it's on Peaceful), you might as well use dyes in place of the mob drops. Though you'd need to find a replacement for white and maybe black...

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
White Tulips and Charcoal would be my go to's.

For the programming of the prism's probably use their favorite foods, say wheat for cattle, or seeds and dirt (grass) for Sheep. Then you can use those drops to make enemies. Say raw beef for Zombies, pork for skeletons and wool for spiders. Bones and flint and steel for Blazes. Bones and zombie flesh for wither skeletons... I could go on, but you get the idea.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Only issue is Woot doesn’t appear to be ready yet for 1.12. The downloads on Curseforge are all 1.11 and the github branches are still only complete for 1.11. Otherwise that would be my go to replacement in this case.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
A definite problem... Industrial Foregoing has a Mob Duplicator, which appears to be the spawner from MFR, might be worth making custom recipes for various Mob Imprisonment Tools with mobs in them. Then at least she can make an automated mob farm.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
A definite problem... Industrial Foregoing has a Mob Duplicator, which appears to be the spawner from MFR, might be worth making custom recipes for various Mob Imprisonment Tools with mobs in them. Then at least she can make an automated mob farm.

That would work to a degree... She's... odd.... Doesn't go too far down tech trees. TiCo smeltery is her go to for ore doubling. *sigh*

I think Woot would be too far beyond her :(

Guess I'll have to bug the Openblocks author to see if they will put it back in. Or any modder here wants to take a stab at it, I'll have a very willing and capable beta tester!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
That's a good idea! :) if you're only going to use it to spawn passive mobs anyway (and it's on Peaceful), you might as well use dyes in place of the mob drops. Though you'd need to find a replacement for white and maybe black...
i swear i remember myself finding bones inside of an animal trap.As for a black dye , the flower from aa should work (if ore dict is a problem just add a conversion recipe that creates ink sac from ore dictionary black dye , of course botania would be far far more consistent for getting dyes