Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
FTB Infinity Evolved expert mode: how the heck am I supposed to mine redstone, diamonds etc. which require at least mining lvl redstone?! I cannot craft pickaxes beyond stone because a tool forge (Tinkers) requires a assembly table which is build of diamonds..
the smeltry is what creates metal tool parts. the tool forge creates aoe tools + crossbows/longbows

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I see 4 and @OniyaMCD is in 1.7.10

Yep, 4 lasers, and getting the 5 Resonant Machine Frames took for-ev-er (and pretty much incapacitated my metal former with the power draw). I busied myself with other things, though. Breeding Botania flowers, making the Mob Melter, setting up the Cactus-Powered-Dirt-Farm...

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Yep, 4 lasers, and getting the 5 Resonant Machine Frames took for-ev-er (and pretty much incapacitated my metal former with the power draw). I busied myself with other things, though. Breeding Botania flowers, making the Mob Melter, setting up the Cactus-Powered-Dirt-Farm...
Cactus Powered Dirt Farm. I like your style, but I kinda prefer Rotten flesh unless thats only in 1.10.2 Ex Nihilo.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Cactus Powered Dirt Farm. I like your style, but I kinda prefer Rotten flesh unless thats only in 1.10.2 Ex Nihilo.

Rotten Flesh is being crafted into Blood Stained Blocks to help with the Netherrack->Draconium effort. I do throw in my excess saplings, eggs and mushrooms, though. In one world, it was a Chicken Powered Dirt Farm - chickens on hoppers above compost barrels. Cactus seems faster.

Reactions: Nuclear_Creeper0

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easier way to get mushrooms in Garden of Glass than from the 0.2% chance that a Cocoon of Caprice will spawn a Mooshroom?

B

biadold

could someone give me a hand? would like someone to join my server to test grief protection

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I see what you mean, but bear in mind they are looking for grief protection, so it makes sense for them to gather interest first and then privately message the info about how to join rather than posting their server details for everyone to see.
i see your point about ip/server details but they really should have at the very least said the pack or mod set being used

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Here's one, for anyone who's been keeping up with Direwolf20's Age of Engineering series:

I know it would probably be simpler for him to just move his IC2 replicator up to where his computer is, but assuming he can't move it: could he put an Ender IO block from EnderIO in the proximity of the Replicator, and then use his staff to open up viewing mode access the Replicator's GUI, instead of teleporting up and down?

P

Pinsukka

I'm playing FTB Infinity Evolved and I wanted to change the power generation for IC2 nuclear reactor. I think it's a little too weak in energy generation compared to other options in the game, so I went to the IC2.ini config file and changed nuclear base generation under " Base energy generation factors" to 4.0 from 1.0. It doesn't seem to be working though, I tried both on my server and single player world, but none of the settings do anything when I change them.

What am I doing wrong here?

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Here's one, for anyone who's been keeping up with Direwolf20's Age of Engineering series:

I know it would probably be simpler for him to just move his IC2 replicator up to where his computer is, but assuming he can't move it: could he put an Ender IO block from EnderIO in the proximity of the Replicator, and then use his staff to open up viewing mode access the Replicator's GUI, instead of teleporting up and down?

That would make too much sense. Dire doesn't need to bother with things that make sense.

I'm playing FTB Infinity Evolved and I wanted to change the power generation for IC2 nuclear reactor. I think it's a little too weak in energy generation compared to other options in the game, so I went to the IC2.ini config file and changed nuclear base generation under " Base energy generation factors" to 4.0 from 1.0. It doesn't seem to be working though, I tried both on my server and single player world, but none of the settings do anything when I change them.

What am I doing wrong here?

When are you editing the config file? Make sure the game has closed completely before changing configs.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
P

Pinsukka

When are you editing the config file? Make sure the game has closed completely before changing configs.

The problem indeed was that the game needed to be closed. I got it working in single player now, I'll try on the server next. Thanks for the help!

M

MrHeash

I am new to IC2, and my Compressor make terrifying noises when it is low on energy. Is there a chance that it can explode?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I am new to IC2, and my Compressor make terrifying noises when it is low on energy. Is there a chance that it can explode?
It will only explode if you put too high a tier of EU power into it; unfortunately you're stuck with the annoying noise it makes when it effectively grinds to a halt repeatedly.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I am not one huuuuundred percent sure, but I'm pretty sure that my iron backpacks is eating my torches and possibly cobblestone. I think the culprit is the restocking upgrade. Anyone have any experience with this happening? It doesn't seem to be a problem with my food, but maybe it's because the torches are generally in my off-hand slot and that's confusing it?