Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Is there a list somewhere that shows all the items an atomic reconstructor can create? I can't find anything. I only recently found out it could make leather from zombie flesh and prismarine from... something, i forget now. I wanna know what else I'm missing! lol

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Is there a list somewhere that shows all the items an atomic reconstructor can create? I can't find anything. I only recently found out it could make leather from zombie flesh and prismarine from... something, i forget now. I wanna know what else I'm missing! lol
It's in JEI.

G

Gusy

Answered some of my own questions. Posting in case it comes up in a search.

...Is there anywhere I can go to learn more about the actual mechanics of fish farms...

Forge specifically disables one or more of the vanilla bugs that allowed fish farms, so making one for 1.7.10 was tricky, but possible. I tried several before I found Panda's design for 1.11 would work. It uses a slightly different bug than the one Forge patched. It uses an iron door and a music box, so 2 redstone and 7 total iron ingots from a dark room mob farm. It uses a hopper too, but I was able to eliminate this by changing the water to flowing water and adjusting for the change to the fishing sweet spot. There is also another bug in using this design in 1.7.10 relating to tripwire mechanics, which I fixed by changing a few more solid blocks to slabs under the tripwires.

***Bonus hint*** Infinity Evolved Expert dark room mob farms will drop Thaumcraft treasure bags with diamonds, gold, emeralds, etc., at least with player-kills. Two diamonds can make a Thermal Foundation version of a fishing rod that lasts about ten hours in this farm, eliminating the need for more hardware to spit out spare rods at you.

Panda's farm without my modifications:

...I can't seem to find a lot of info on fishable plastic bags to see if this is even possible...

The good news: MFR makes fishing very valuable on a non-Ex-Nihilo skyblock. There are two big rewards: 1. Filled safari bags which not only give rare mobs, but also give other entities. I got a hopper minecart from one of three. 2. Plastic, which, even on expert, gives you safari net launchers, a syringe to make converting zombie villagers much easier, and even rednet if I could figure out a use for that. I also got a rubber tree sapling which might come in handy if I got a lot further.

The bad news: Plastic bags are exceedingly rare. I was very lucky and got one in five hours. I finally resorted to digging through the source code but I'm not sure I know exactly what to look for. In the code I can see, I can't differentiate between the fishing loot and the plastic bag loot itself, but either way, I see no reference to clay anywhere in the code.

https://github.com/skyboy/MineFacto...efactoryreloaded/loot_tables/factory_bag.json

...Is there some other way to get clay?...

The only other thing I can come up with is villager trading. Unfortunately, finding a comprehensive list of possible IE:E villager trades seems impossible at this point. Other possibilities might include a villager selling enough to get started with bees (never checked the bee villager in the past, know nothing about bees yet), or maybe a villager would sell something like a cauldron, petal apothecary, or crucible to push me along, but that seems unlikely.

Oh right, you are going the hard mode route.... Damn, do you hate yourself? LOL

Sorry Gusy!

My initial, overriding problem with Minecraft is that it encourages you to destroy the world to get resources. Branch mining in particular is just awful, boring and ugly (I know it is called MINEcraft :) ). Skyblock teaches you a lot about how to get resources by creating rather than destroying. I'm thinking of starting a new standard IE:E world for my friends, but wanted to give myself an extra challenge to avoid outpacing them, so I came up with a no-destruction policy. I just thought trying that idea out all by myself on a skyblock map first would be a good bootcamp introduction to accomplishing this. My friends would never play skyblock, but that doesn't stop me from playing skyblock-ish on a regular map with them.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Oh, it won't break the line? That's awesome!
Yep - its one of the really nice things about IE cabling, is while you need line of sight to make the connection, adding blocks back in the way doesn't in any way impede it. Obviously if you disconnect it you'll need to regain the line of sight to reconnect it again though. I like to have a cable coming up through a gravel block, as I'm sure I've seen similar things IRL for grounding cables with lower voltage pylons. So it won't look too weird!

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I took like skyblock style play. Even in vanilla worlds I lean more on infinite resources and other sneaky tricks to get things from nothing. Okay, from a LOT of work, but still "from nothing".

The pack I was tinkering with making, once I take it up again in 1.12, if it's possible at all then, will harshly discourage branch mining.
Nooooooo, branch mining is the best.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone have a screenshot of a working Turning Table setup? I've got the wind generator going fast enough. I have the 10 electric motors in the electric Kinetic Generator. I've got all three machines side-by-side.. I've been trying all sorts of orientations of everything. There is no indicator what side of the Turning Table needs to be against the generator (all four vertical sides are identical, the top has a large black square with a gray bar cutting across it.) My Electric Kinetic Generator has one side that looks like a target, and another side that looks like a fan. The other four sides have an identical checked pattern in the center.

I've burned through at least three wrenches, and it's a good thing I've built a Mysterious Magnet, or I'd be losing motors left and right (because sometimes it will randomly pick up the machine instead of rotating it.)

EDIT: Never mind. I built myself a BatBox, hooked it up to one of the 110 solar panels I've made, and used an RE Battery. Now, what do I do with the Tower of Doom? o_O

EDIT 2: For what it's worth, the 'target' image is against the Turning table, and the 'fan' image is exposed.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Does anyone have a screenshot of a working Turning Table setup? I've got the wind generator going fast enough. I have the 10 electric motors in the electric Kinetic Generator. I've got all three machines side-by-side.. I've been trying all sorts of orientations of everything. There is no indicator what side of the Turning Table needs to be against the generator (all four vertical sides are identical, the top has a large black square with a gray bar cutting across it.) My Electric Kinetic Generator has one side that looks like a target, and another side that looks like a fan. The other four sides have an identical checked pattern in the center.

I've burned through at least three wrenches, and it's a good thing I've built a Mysterious Magnet, or I'd be losing motors left and right (because sometimes it will randomly pick up the machine instead of rotating it.)

EDIT: Never mind. I built myself a BatBox, hooked it up to one of the 110 solar panels I've made, and used an RE Battery. Now, what do I do with the Tower of Doom? o_O

EDIT 2: For what it's worth, the 'target' image is against the Turning table, and the 'fan' image is exposed.
I've always just put a manual kinetic generator next to the table. I don't use it enough to really need anything else. The turning table uses Kinetic energy to work.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I would think the 1549 pages would sort of explain that one for you. There's no need for a whole thread for basic questions, so this is the catch-all. This is a pretty common thing in forums.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Not on the forums I'm on...
https://hypixel.net/forums/mega-walls.77/
2652 pages of threads...

I'm sure I could also come up with a several examples of sites that don't do it. The word "common" already suggests that there are sites that do and don't fit the description. This would be one of the "Do's". The site you seem to want to turn this one into is one of the "don'ts". Given the behavior of the lone representative on that site hasn't exactly impressed in his time here so far tells me that I probably wouldn't want any part of that forum at this point, so I'm ok with them being different. But, like this situation, perhaps that one example is also not representative of the whole.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Why does this thread exist?
Seems odd for a forum to have one thread for questions.

Just one thread for questions makes it more likely that questions would be asked there, although that isn't foolproof... See "FTB News" for an example :D

Personally I think there should be a more specific division of places to post. Separate categories for packs by Minecraft Versions, for example, and maybe for each FtB Pack in each MC version.

I all too often see a question regarding a given mod asked by Playa A answered by Playa B be wrong because Playa A is on a MC 1.6 pack and Playa B is using a MC 1.10 pack, or vice versa.

I also don't like the "Does anyone want to play with me/on my server" posts in AaSQgaSA* because although technically questions, they have nothing to do with gameplay and there is a separate thread for those. The problem is that people will either not bother to look for the proper threads or just don't care where they post.

Please forgive my rant on this but I've worked as a Lan/System Admin since 1982 and have seen more than my share of "Dumb User Tricks" in my time, and have become quite draconian as a result.

*AaSQgaSA = "Ask a Simple Question get a Simple Answer"

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Just one thread for questions makes it more likely that questions would be asked there, although that isn't foolproof... See "FTB News" for an example :D

Personally I think there should be a more specific division of places to post. Separate categories for packs by Minecraft Versions, for example, and maybe for each FtB Pack in each MC version.

I all too often see a question regarding a given mod asked by Playa A answered by Playa B be wrong because Playa A is on a MC 1.6 pack and Playa B is using a MC 1.10 pack, or vice versa.

I also don't like the "Does anyone want to play with me/on my server" posts in AaSQgaSA* because although technically questions, they have nothing to do with gameplay and there is a separate thread for those. The problem is that people will either not bother to look for the proper threads or just don't care where they post.

Please forgive my rant on this but I've worked as a Lan/System Admin since 1982 and have seen more than my share of "Dumb User Tricks" in my time, and have become quite draconian as a result.

That seems much better, the amount of times I've seen posts about Red Orchids and Ender Lilies in Garden Cloches is ridiculous.......
That would solve that problem much better than asking again and again and again...

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Legit question: Why are you so eager to make this place like the other forums you go to? Not every forum needs to run the same format. And this place is already in a really good place. Why constantly campaign to try to ruin it? Just play by our rules here, and by hipixel's rules there. There's nothing for you to "fix" here.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
That seems much better, the amount of times I've seen posts about Red Orchids and Ender Lilies in Garden Cloches is ridiculous.......
That would solve that problem much better than asking again and again and again...

My thought is that by going into "MC version 1.7.10" and then "Direwolf20" any questions would pertain to that exact version of the mod, and because specific to that DW20 pack the configs/recipes should be the same.

How many times have you seen questions asked about recipes because they have been changed from the default versions or the asker is using pack A after playing pack B?

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Legit question: Why are you so eager to make this place like the other forums you go to? Not every forum needs to run the same format. And this place is already in a really good place. Why constantly campaign to try to ruin it? Just play by our rules here, and by hipixel's rules there. There's nothing for you to "fix" here.
Because the lack of alerts on this forum is disturbing... I logged in and there with 37 alerts... I had 3 on here. Hypixel* is the largest server and therefore the best. 12 million unique logins compared to Infinity Evolved's 3.5 million downloads.
Or you could say, I find your lack of alerts disturbing.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
My thought is that by going into "MC version 1.7.10" and then "Direwolf20" any questions would pertain to that exact version of the mod, and because specific to that DW20 pack the configs/recipes should be the same. How many times have you seen "Expert" or "Hard" mode questions asked about recipes because they have been changed from the default versions?
A lot.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017

Solution, you can't post your own thread, until you've posted 25 messages on existing threads.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Because the lack of alerts on this forum is disturbing... I logged in and there with 37 alerts... I had 3 on here. Hypixel* is the largest server and therefore the best. 12 million unique logins compared to Infinity Evolved's 3.5 million downloads.
But no one listens to you, so maybe you should rethink your stance :/

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
@Drbretto There is always room for improvement in forums and websites, Better website=more people on the forum=more conversations and more packs
More packs=Good.