Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to automatically remove items from the Alveary hydroregulator in age of engineers? I'm guessing that it's possible normally using buildcraft components but I'm not sure if it can be done in AOE. I can fill it using hopper ducts but I can't empty it the same way, presumably because attaching one to the bottom of the hydroregulator places it upside down. (I wouldn't think the hydroregulator wouldn't be capable of dropping spent items, being that a bucket of water only lasts for 50 seconds).

Oh, also, the forestry electric generator can convert EU to RF, but is there something in the AOE modpack that can do the opposite?

#1 no idea

#2 Advanced Generators can output EU and/or RF so if you take the time to build out one of those. You can also go the convoluted way of using actually additions lava fabrication to a liquid heat exchanger to run a stirling generator for your EU production...

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
@Inaeo if you mean like multiple instances of minecraft, some with different mods or vanilla, using the same user profile, the multimc launcher does that. If that isn't what you're talking about then I have no idea. (is the world gen modifier implemented as a mod?)

My computer is old and slow, and loading an instance takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes. I want to have a dedicated creative world for testing, but I don't want wait for Minecraft to reload each time. My current test world is fine within the same profile, but I wanted to change the world gen significantly for my new test world, and I'm seeking a way to change literally world gen block without changing profiles. I'm not hopeful it can be done, but it's worth asking.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
For contrast, I routinely come in to 5-7 alerts because I'm so lovable! :p

NC, for real, I'm willing to bet you're not nearly this douchey, it's just that the internet sort of conditions you into being snippy like that, but don't bring it here. This isn't 4chan. This is a tighter-nit crew and you don't need to be a bigger dick than the person you argue with to be heard here. We listen voluntarily.

You have a decent amount of knowledge and you could be a good contributor here, but I'd recommend dropping the 'tude a bit.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
you don't need to be a bigger dick than the person you argue with to be heard here.
This. Me and 'bretto have had a couple of spirited discussions in our time on here, but I've come out of them respecting him more than ever and I'm always interested to hear what he has to say on a subject, even if I don't agree!

Reactions: Drbretto and Inaeo
C

cap.1o

Hi Guys,

I have done the environmental Tech void miner tier 1 to mine MICA stone.
After hours on, no stones no mica ever, only ores had been mined.
Did i done something wrong ?

FTB BEYOND 1.10
On dedicated server.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have done the environmental Tech void miner tier 1 to mine MICA stone.
After hours on, no stones no mica ever, only ores had been mined.
Did i done something wrong ?

FTB BEYOND 1.10
On dedicated server.
Yes, you're using the wrong machine - there are two, the Void Ore Miner and the Void Resource Miner - you want the second of those.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Why is this forum so dead? I logged into the Hypixel forum I had 37 alerts, I log into here I have 3.

I don't know if this factors into it, but even threads that you have 'Watched' will stop putting up 'Alerts' if you, personally, have not posted in them for a while. There have been several times that I've logged in here to no alerts, then hit up my 'Watched Threads' list and found 5 or six pages worth of responses in some of those individual threads.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm playing Forever Stranded, and was wondering if there is any other efficient way of getting iron? I want to start getting tech built, but the drop rate on iron is so low from sieving it's crazy and tedious. From my calculations I need to sieve 8 stacks of material just to get a single auto sieve built, let alone the iron needed for power generation.

Seriously thinking about just spawning a stack of iron in and getting on with the game. Already had to do that for Sugar Cane seeds. Sieved so much dirt is was crazy!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Here's a question for you. Why is it that every morning when I get to work, all I can think about is what I wanna do to my minecraft world, but by the time I get home, all I wanna do is watch deep space documentaries??

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Umm, because work is boring and space kicks ass?

That sounds about right, lol. I just wish I could do it in reverse. I'd rather have my head in space while I'm at work and actually PLAYING minecraft when I get home. All week, it's been like this and it's driving me nuts. I have some real cool ideas to work with and I get home and I'm like ugh, I can't brain right now.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Here's a question for you. Why is it that every morning when I get to work, all I can think about is what I wanna do to my minecraft world, but by the time I get home, all I wanna do is watch deep space documentaries??

That sounds about right, lol. I just wish I could do it in reverse. I'd rather have my head in space while I'm at work and actually PLAYING minecraft when I get home. All week, it's been like this and it's driving me nuts. I have some real cool ideas to work with and I get home and I'm like ugh, I can't brain right now.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. OK not exactly exactly, though deep space docs DO sound fun now you mention it. But yeah, I'm always thinking about what I want to do in the modpack I'm playing (just look at some of my posts in the "Up To 9000" thread) but when I get home, I can't seem to focus on it. After dealing with all the home stuff of eating, doing chores, putting the kids to bed and stuff, I'm either so tired that I either just fall asleep straight after, am too unmotivated to get up and thus fall asleep eventually anyway, or putter about and don't settle down to play. And then on those rare occasions where I DO play, I've sometimes found myself dozing off while ACTUALLY playing (that's not fun).

Reactions: zBob

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

I frequently listen to documentaries (or science lectures) while doing grindy stuff.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I can't play Minecraft without rap and reggae music. For real, my speakers broke a few weeks ago and I thought I'd just quite minecraft forever. Until I replaced them, now right back into it. I swear it aligns my brain like a magnet does to iron filings.

But I totally get the idea there. Honestly, despite being ostensibly heavy concepts, something about those space docs is oddly comforting and the part of my brain that loves them can pay attention while the rest of my brain rests.