Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
For some reason I keep thinking you're supposed to right-click....something...onto a duct to make it dense or whatever. Like, right-click lead ingot or something.

I won't be surprised if its the duct itself you tweak rather than the servos. The routing seems to pursue a sort of weak A* algorithm (pathfinding) where the "dense" operator just changes the cost of a node. If that's the case, you could make any section dense.

Try crafting the duct together with pulverized lead - that might be an old recipe, though.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to automate the insertion of paper into a recipe packager from Buildcraft? 1.7.10, Infinity Expert for reference.

I've been using one for autocrafting as they're one of the few shape based autocrafting methods available, at least they seem to be shape based. Without the ability to automatically insert the paper they're not really useful for autocrafting though as you'd have to manually refill them every 64 crafts.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Is there any way to automate the insertion of paper into a recipe packager from Buildcraft? 1.7.10, Infinity Expert for reference.

I've been using one for autocrafting as they're one of the few shape based autocrafting methods available, at least they seem to be shape based. Without the ability to automatically insert the paper they're not really useful for autocrafting though as you'd have to manually refill them every 64 crafts.

Found a video with a paper-refilling setup in it:

Reactions: Xavion

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
Is there any way to get forestry short mead out of cans and into glass bottles (other then a TE fluid transposer?)?

maybe input the fluid cans into an ender IO tank and then import empty bottles to be filled?
Is there a good replacement for the Scythe from Biomes o' Plenty in FTB Beyond 1.10.2?
what exactly does that do? id it's grass shearing you want, use the horn of the wild from botania

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Found a video with a paper-refilling setup in it:
Well, I've got it working with a hopper from above. Tried something earlier with transfer nodes and it wasn't working so I thought it just didn't work that way, not sure what I was doing wrong. Thanks for putting me back on the right track though.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is there a good replacement for the Scythe from Biomes o' Plenty in FTB Beyond 1.10.2?
i think their is a similar scythe in exu2 and the sickles in thermal expansion can do around 7*7 for this type of thing to as well. there is also the botania things like the one mentioned above that can do so as well

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
This is probably an easy one, but - I have a chest with a source block of fluid in it. How do I get this out safely?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably an easy one, but - I have a chest with a source block of fluid in it. How do I get this out safely?
Should be able to take it out by hand safely. It will act as a single source block when placed in the world (just like creative mode would place it). The real question is, how did you obtain a source block in item form without creative mode or cheating?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Should be able to take it out by hand safely. It will act as a single source block when placed in the world (just like creative mode would place it). The real question is, how did you obtain a source block in item form without creative mode or cheating?

It was provided by the map creator. They really want me to earn that bucket. ;)

EDIT: At least they gave me a flipping trophy for it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethosos

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Infinity evolved Skyblock got an update with HQM. How do i get the Questbook in the beginning? Or is it intentional that i can build it after getting into leather and paper?

I feel like an absolute idiot right now. Simply activating questing mode with /hqm quest will give you the book.

Sanomi78

Jul 29, 2019
A mate of mine has been running a private FTB Infinity Evolved 2.5.0 server now for quite a while. I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade to 3.0.1 whilst keeping our world intact (some of us are quite - well - advanced in the game).

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
A mate of mine has been running a private FTB Infinity Evolved 2.5.0 server now for quite a while. I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade to 3.0.1 whilst keeping our world intact (some of us are quite - well - advanced in the game).
There shouldn't be any issues. But I do highly recommend that you backup the world and the current mod & config folders. That way you can easily back out the update if there are issues. 95% when I update packs I don't have issues. But doing the backups has saved me on the 5% that don't go right.

F

futurepro62

Hi all,

I am having a problem where my gametime resets to midnight every day at 6AM. I must've accidentally enabled some setting or mod. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hi all,

I am having a problem where my gametime resets to midnight every day at 6AM. I must've accidentally enabled some setting or mod. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks!
more details please ,which mod pack or which mods do u have in ur instance

F

futurepro62

more details please ,which mod pack or which mods do u have in ur instance
Skyfactory 3 with whatever mods are on by default. The game goes from 12:00AM to 6:00AM then at 6:01AM changes to midnight again advancing me one full day.

Sorry for the lack of clarity. Very new to this.

Last edited:

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a known bug with the enderio wireless charger and simply jetpacks? 1.7.10.

It seems whenever I toggle the jetpack on/off, or toggle hover mode on/off, it refills to 100% instantly. It also seems to work at any range, not limited to 20 blocks, provided the wireless charger is in the dimension somewhere (and presumably chunkloaded) - I once fell out of the aether into my overworld skyblock thousands of blocks from my base, but I was able to get back fine because of this bug. Under some conditions the jetpack will charge over time like you would expect, but I have to disable (pick up) the charger, deplete the jetpack some, then place the charger again. At that point the jetpack will fill at the normal charger rate, until I toggle engine/hover again.

Haven't seen it reported anywhere. I don't expect a fix since everyone is moving on to other versions, but I'm just surprised that I can't find any reference to it. Wondering if, because of that, it is maybe some setting I don't know about?