Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any questing modpacks that don't try to cram Botania into inappropriate places?

I enjoyed playing Galactic Science up until the mid game drudgery, so I read about the end game and decided I had gone far enough. You can tinker around with that a bit now to get an understanding of it and sometime down the road Galactic Science 2 will be released. It is on version 0.07 now and looks to attempting to address the criticisms of its initial creation.

FYI it is still a 1.7.10 pack.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I enjoyed playing Galactic Science up until the mid game drudgery, so I read about the end game and decided I had gone far enough. You can tinker around with that a bit now to get an understanding of it and sometime down the road Galactic Science 2 will be released. It is on version 0.7 now and looks to attempting to address the criticisms of its initial creation.

FYI it is still a 1.7.10 pack.

I had about the same experience (and never got an answer as to whether a bug with the thermal suits and planets other than Mars had been addressed). Been watching Raetac's LP of GS2, so I'm getting a sense of it.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Are there any questing modpacks that don't try to cram Botania into inappropriate places?
I'd say Regrowth - while it has Botania, its not inappropriate there.

unless you're making a tree farm, I would switch over to Immersive Engineering Garden Cloches, they're cheap, only taking so minor metals, treated wood, and a tad bit of glowstone, Are EXTREAMLY fast, Compact (which is ironic considering that this is from Immersive engineering), only taking up a 1x1x3 block space, and don't take much energy, only a mere 8rf/t. The only downside is that they require water to be input into them to grom the crops, but this isn't to hard if you use an ender IO reservoir.
This. And you also don't actually need an enderIO reservoir either - the Immersive Engineering pump will also act as a water provider - if you put it over an infinite water source (i.e. over the corner of a square of 4 source blocks, or over the middle of a row of 3 source blocks) and give it power and a redstone signal (can be inverted to not need it I think), it can supply fast enough for multiple cloches. Obviously it requires power, which is a downside relative to the reservoir, but I thought it worth a mention.

Last edited:

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Trying a new (to me) mod pack; Departed. Nice mix of mods, and I've taken the advice several posters have offered, and declined to use TiCo, focusing on the AOA gear instead.

One issue; the points I accumulate towards AOA levels (Hunter, Foraging, logging, etc.), reset when I shut down the game. My inventories remain intact, at least they do if they're in a chest, but the personal levels reset to 1 each time. Any idea why this happens? Is there a save file I can edit to replace the levels?

C

cap.1o

unless you're making a tree farm, I would switch over to Immersive Engineering Garden Cloches, they're cheap, only taking so minor metals, treated wood, and a tad bit of glowstone, Are EXTREAMLY fast, Compact (which is ironic considering that this is from Immersive engineering), only taking up a 1x1x3 block space, and don't take much energy, only a mere 8rf/t. The only downside is that they require water to be input into them to grom the crops, but this isn't to hard if you use an ender IO reservoir.

This. And you also don't actually need an enderIO reservoir either - the Immersive Engineering pump will also act as a water provider - if you put it over an infinite water source (i.e. over the corner of a square of 4 source blocks, or over the middle of a row of 3 source blocks) and give it power and a redstone signal (can be inverted to not need it I think), it can supply fast enough for multiple cloches. Obviously it requires power, which is a downside relative to the reservoir, but I thought it worth a mention.

Thanks your for your suggestion so i will try to do that.
I hope it will be fast because now i have multiple farms of potatoes + sugar cane + melon farm and it's so slow even with worms.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Thanks your for your suggestion so i will try to do that.
I hope it will be fast because now i have multiple farms of potatoes + sugar cane + melon farm and it's so slow even with worms.
It really is fast - with power and water, its quick. If you are able to add in a steady stream of bonemeal or forestry fertilizer, it goes even FASTER. I don't know how it would compare to a farm with worms and greenhouse glass (as I believe those stack), but its quick. It doesn't speed up Ender Lilies though.

C

cap.1o

Just a question : If i put the enchant looting 3 to a hoe in farming station from Ender Io, the effect will work ?
I want to re-use farming stations (they cost a price to craft !) to other farm prod.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
on age of engineering is there any item that can auto trash things like cobble while mining?

3 items come to mind

trash bag - filters only 1 item, cheapest to craft
null charm - 5 item filter, needs an ender pearl
aa void sack - can use the aa item filter for virtually unlimited items, most expensive to craft

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Back after a longish break. In the 1.10 packs I've been playing (DW20 and AoE), they both seem to have a one block step assist built in. Is there a way to disable this? Couldn't find it in a config, and I don't play vanilla, so it might be part of the base game now, lol.

2nd, built in chunk loading via FTB utils is awesome, however, is there a way to change the limit beyond 64?

Thanks in advance

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Back after a longish break. In the 1.10 packs I've been playing (DW20 and AoE), they both seem to have a one block step assist built in. Is there a way to disable this? Couldn't find it in a config, and I don't play vanilla, so it might be part of the base game now, lol.

2nd, built in chunk loading via FTB utils is awesome, however, is there a way to change the limit beyond 64?

Thanks in advance
Yep, the step-up is a vanilla feature. Disable with Options - Controls - Auto-Jump; click that button to turn it off.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
Just a question : If i put the enchant looting 3 to a hoe in farming station from Ender Io, the effect will work ?
I want to re-use farming stations (they cost a price to craft !) to other farm prod.
yes, for some crops atleast, but i'm 99% sure a cloche still out speeds the farming station, and it's still more space efficient to use them then said farming station

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

I disable this in every game, but it wasn't until I built my first TiCo smeltery in 1.10 that I realized how dangerous it could be. (Luckily, before any injury, but whew.)

Reactions: Everlasting2

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

Thanks in advance
Additionally with quark you can bind a keybind for it to toggle it on and off (by default it's B). Strictly speaking it's an auto-jump rather than a step assist, but the effect is similar enough that there's little effective difference.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
What do you guys do to take down the cages around the healing crystals for fighting the End Dragon?

If you didn't have flight yet, how would you do it?