Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I don't use curse cause I like it. It's just how I did it the first time.

It still isn't working. I thought it was the ram, but long story short, it isn't.

I am installing Ubuntu now. Will copy over the world and the mods and all that and try this all over again.

Edit: OK, Ubuntu is a step too far. But, I did migrate everything over to MultiMC. Working like a charm.

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I don't use curse cause I like it. It's just how I did it the first time.

It still isn't working. I thought it was the ram, but long story short, it isn't.

I am installing Ubuntu now. Will copy over the world and the mods and all that and try this all over again.

Edit: OK, Ubuntu is a step too far. But, I did migrate everything over to MultiMC. Working like a charm.

What graphics card are you using? There was an issue with one of the recent Nvidia drivers that crashed MC during loading process. Most recent one works though so maybe update?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
AMD R9 390. I've tried up to date and rolled back drivers. No fix. But I switched it over to MultiMC and everything is stable. The only thing left is the recording. PlaysTV is the only one out there that doesn't lag the hell out of my PC, but it won't run anymore. The AMD drivers come with a new one called ReLive, which will totally let me record with zero lag, 40 FPS with shaders and all that. But, only in windowed mode, so I have that stupid bar on the top. If I go full screen, it just records my desktop background.

I tried OBS, just like all other 3rd party recording software, it brings me down to 7 FPS.

T

tatfortit69

i'm looking to make the tier 6 blood altar, but i need some advise how to get the crystal cluster!! i'm playin' SF3, any link's would be most helpfull!!

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I don't think it's currently possible to legitimately get the crystal clusters in 1.10, so a tier 6 altar is impossible for now.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
i'm looking to make the tier 6 blood altar, but i need some advise how to get the crystal cluster!! i'm playin' SF3, any link's would be most helpfull!!

I don't think it's currently possible to legitimately get the crystal clusters in 1.10, so a tier 6 altar is impossible for now.
mhm not possible in 1.10 unless u have one specific blood magic addon(sanguinmancy?) there was mention of a config in the addon that enabled some t6 stuff(no clue what besides clusters)

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using an RFTools Builder Block as a quarry in the Deep Dark (standard quarry shape card, filling empty blocks with dirt). I have set the shape card to void Cobble and Dirt. It is voiding Dirt, but not Cobble.

Why is the shape card's voiding options not working for Cobble? I tried turning on Oredict, but it doesn't help.

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using an RFTools Builder Block as a quarry in the Deep Dark (standard quarry shape card, filling empty blocks with dirt). I have set the shape card to void Cobble and Dirt. It is voiding Dirt, but not Cobble.

Why is the shape card's voiding options not working for Cobble? I tried turning on Oredict, but it doesn't help.

Have you tried putting in smooth stone?

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Have you tried putting in smooth stone?
If memory serves, this is the right answer. The card determines which mineable blocks are voided rather than which resulting blocks are voided.

Reactions: Benie76
X

XenizedKitsune

New FTB player here, I'm at a COMPLETE loss on how to set up, well ANYTHING. The wikis haven't been helpful either, they keep talking about the FTB Launcher, which apparently predates this Curse client. Not even sure if this is the right thread for this, but could someone help me set up FTB with this new client?
(FYI, I've installed the curse client from the main site and made a curse account, so that step's done I think.)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
On the curse client, on the minecraft tab, click on "browse FTB modpacks". Pick the pack you want, click install, then click play. That's it.

Edit: Well, "that's it" is a relative term. If you want to go down the rabbit hole, it can have you configuring and tweaking things for the rest of your life. But that's all you need to do to load up an FTB modpack.

X

XenizedKitsune

On the curse client, on the minecraft tab, click on "browse FTB modpacks". Pick the pack you want, click install, then click play. That's it.

Sounds like it should have been easy. There is one little problem, I don't have anything to click on. Like, Curse failed to sync to my official Minecraft client or failed to download the right files.
When I click on the Minecraft tab on the left, the hub page is merely an image, the text "It looks like we're missing a few pieces" and a button saying Install. To make matters worse, when I click Install, an error pops up. Something about an "invalid install location" due to a file containing a non-alphanumeric character. My username has a _ in it, so... is there a work around? Or do I need to make another account?

FYI, the same username is my Minecraft log in, and I can boot up Vanilla Minecraft just fine.

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe try changing the install location? I've never used that launcher, but maybe you could try that or reinstalling the launcher. The underscore in your name shouldn't affect it.

X

XenizedKitsune

Okay, after changing the install location to a custom folder in the Program Files (x86) one, it installed fine and I was able to pick up SkyFactory 3.
Tested if it would boot up, and everything seemed to install just fine, and managed to boot up the game and load up a Sky Factory world successfully.
It could have been a stroke of temporary luck, or the problem is fixed. Hopefully the latter.

Thank you, both of you, for your assistance~

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Can the Builder Block from RFTools be used to copy an area and paste it in another world (as long as I have the required blocks)?
For example, to undo an area I cleared using a previous save. But it would also have trees. Would they, too be copied (as in, the exact leaf structure)?

R

raneo007

Hello community :)
I am playing skyfactory 3 and I got several problems - most important this:

I can't figure out how to get the EnderIO sword TheEnder to work - after upgrading it with a vibrnat crytal it should act like a staff of traveling but it doesn't. Shift-Rclick will result in a single whip with the sword, nothing else.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Hello community :)
I am playing skyfactory 3 and I got several problems - most important this:

I can't figure out how to get the EnderIO sword TheEnder to work - after upgrading it with a vibrnat crytal it should act like a staff of traveling but it doesn't. Shift-Rclick will result in a single whip with the sword, nothing else.
That only makes it Empowered (I.e. it partially uses RF in place of durability). Add an Ender crystal to make it like a staff of travelling