Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
E

eneKusho

Is this nuclear reactor 100% secure? I mean, will the uranium rods be depleted before the heat vents expire?
c006bd8925f56dfb1dbb89254587c2bc.png

I want to know so it doesn't blow up and break my molecular transformer... or even my entire base.
I made it something like 60 blocks away from an edge of a 64x64 platform (my base), this should be secure enough for it to not mess up my base, right?

By the way, sorry if my english is a little messy, but it's not my main language >_>
Also another question, I don't really care about the energy that the reactor makes (I only want the plutonium), so, is it worth to make some some sunnarium?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Is this nuclear reactor 100% secure? I mean, will the uranium rods be depleted before the heat vents expire?

I want to know so it doesn't blow up and break my molecular transformer... or even my entire base.
I made it something like 60 blocks away from an edge of a 64x64 platform (my base), this should be secure enough for it to not mess up my base, right?
Yes it won't explode.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Yes, this is an ideal ultra-low-efficiency reactor for generating plutonium.

By the way, sorry if my english is a little messy, but it's not my main language >_>
Also another question, I don't really care about the energy that the reactor makes (I only want the plutonium), so, is it worth to make some some sunnarium?
This question doesn't make sense. Whether you want to make plutonium has nothing to do with your energy efficiency. If you want to build something that requires sunnarium (such as, say, an AE2 system I believe in FTB Infinity Expert), then yes, you should make some sunnarium.

E

eneKusho

Yes it won't explode.

Yes, this is an ideal ultra-low-efficiency reactor for generating plutonium.

This question doesn't make sense. Whether you want to make plutonium has nothing to do with your energy efficiency. If you want to build something that requires sunnarium (such as, say, an AE2 system I believe in FTB Infinity Expert), then yes, you should make some sunnarium.
Thanks you both.
Yeah, I just realised that question made no sense >_>, my bad, sorry.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
in 1.10 ftb unstable. i have a rf monitor turning on and off my resonance crystal. Is there a way for it to turn it on my my power when it is down to 10% and turn it off when it is 90%

i have it now that the monitor turns my crystal on when less than 90%, but my crystal comes on and gets it back to 90% so fast that it turns off and turns back on so fast that it is just wasting my crystal.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
in 1.10 ftb unstable. i have a rf monitor turning on and off my resonance crystal. Is there a way for it to turn it on my my power when it is down to 10% and turn it off when it is 90%

i have it now that the monitor turns my crystal on when less than 90%, but my crystal comes on and gets it back to 90% so fast that it turns off and turns back on so fast that it is just wasting my crystal.

nvm figured out rftool power monitor did what i wanted.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

If you're using EnderIO capacitor banks for your main storage, you could also use EnderIO's power monitor block. In engine control mode, it'll also do precisely what you want. Just note that it needs to be connected to EIO power conduits- just slapping it on the side of your capacitor bank won't work.

E

eneKusho

I'm wondering how to make a "lot" of UU-Matter.
I'm currently fueling 9 recyclers, and a mass fabricator with a 420EU/tick nuclear reactor.
The thing is, the reactor isn't enough to fuel the mass fabricator...
Is there any other way to make a lot of energy? Making another nuclear reactor would take some hours...

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I'm wondering how to make a "lot" of UU-Matter.
I'm currently fueling 9 recyclers, and a mass fabricator with a 420EU/tick nuclear reactor.
The thing is, the reactor isn't enough to fuel the mass fabricator...
Is there any other way to make a lot of energy? Making another nuclear reactor would take some hours...
there always is making immersive engineering power transmission and using that to convert rf to eu and pouring that eu into the mass fab so then building more rf producers funneling that additional power through the hv connectors from immersive engineering and into the mass fab will get u more mass fab progress

fun fact the mass fab can take near infinite eu and its productively scales with how much u give it, even soaryn failed to sate its hunger (and boy did he try )

P

Pohanyx

Ok, so i'm playing sky factory 2.5 and my ME system has patterns for crating gold ore dust, gold ore gravel and gold ore sand, pulverizing them and cooking them, but here is the problem: when i click craft gold, it only takes powdered gold to make gold ore dust, wont take broken gold ore or the other one fron sand sieveing. Anyone knows the solution?

E

eneKusho

Okay, so, I'm trying to make a full automatic beef wellington farm, the farm itself is done, but, my cyclic assembler keeps filling up with dough, and since that happens, the firm tofu can't enter the machine.
Is there any way to fix this? I'll make another machine if neccessary.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out what rationing pipes are >_>

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Okay, so, I'm trying to make a full automatic beef wellington farm, the farm itself is done, but, my cyclic assembler keeps filling up with dough, and since that happens, the firm tofu can't enter the machine.
Is there any way to fix this? I'll make another machine if neccessary.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out what rationing pipes are >_>
Retrievers are also super awesome. A single retriever can say "get these 4 ingredients, and only get 128 of each".

I assume rationing pipes can do something similar.

I have a love affair with thermal dynamics these days.

E

eneKusho

Retrievers are also super awesome. A single retriever can say "get these 4 ingredients, and only get 128 of each".

I assume rationing pipes can do something similar.

I have a love affair with thermal dynamics these days.
Oh... that's how they were called...
I totally forgot about them >_>
I added rationing pipes tho, it's working perfectly :D

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Ok, so i'm playing sky factory 2.5 and my ME system has patterns for crating gold ore dust, gold ore gravel and gold ore sand, pulverizing them and cooking them, but here is the problem: when i click craft gold, it only takes powdered gold to make gold ore dust, wont take broken gold ore or the other one fron sand sieveing. Anyone knows the solution?
it might be because ae sees 2 recipes for 1 item and it cant handle there being 2 recipes for 1 item so one of the recipes gets ignored
so one of the recipes has to be handled not by the ae's crafting logic try having the ones that being done by ae exporter to a auto crafter and imported back into the network , since its just being exported automaticially ae does not expect to get something from said items which means there wont be a second a recipe for ae to deal with

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The best solution is probably to eliminate all recursive recipes from your ME crafting system entirely. That is, give it the recipe for gold dust -> furnace -> gold ingot OR gold ingot -> pulverizer -> gold dust, but NOT both.

I'd probably automate the Ex Nihilo machines on an entirely independent automation system that just hammers and sifts cobblestone, gravel, sand, and dust, then packages the ore chunks into blocks to hammer and package again until it's all ore dust blocks, then smelt those and dump the ingots into my AE system. However, if you prefer, you could instead add ME crafting patterns for all the Ex Nihilo machines and have AE craft them on demand. Just be sure that you don't add recipes for ingots -> metal dust AND metal dust -> ingots.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding Mekanism's (9) Induction Matrix: is the bare minimum is a 4x3x3? I ask because I wanted to try a 3x3x3 (to start, and for compactness) and I can't make it work (the port shows negative capacity); doesn't matter if I use a cell or provider on the inside. I find no documentation regarding minimum size, and the only info I have is from my experimentation.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Oh... that's how they were called...
I totally forgot about them >_>
I added rationing pipes tho, it's working perfectly :D
I am playing FTB unstable 1.10.2 there is no rationing pipes and extrautiluty2 pipes won't connect to the presser. I tried everything in the pack and it will add 64 soybean and then start putting them in the output box. I tried using grid which is sorta like AE and no go.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I am playing FTB unstable 1.10.2 there is no rationing pipes and extrautiluty2 pipes won't connect to the presser. I tried everything in the pack and it will add 64 soybean and then start putting them in the output box. I tried using grid which is sorta like AE and no go.
i seem to remember that the presser is very finicky about siding , did u try to insert on all the sides of the presser ?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Regarding Mekanism's (9) Induction Matrix: is the bare minimum is a 4x3x3? I ask because I wanted to try a 3x3x3 (to start, and for compactness) and I can't make it work (the port shows negative capacity); doesn't matter if I use a cell or provider on the inside. I find no documentation regarding minimum size, and the only info I have is from my experimentation.
Yes, it needs an induction cell and provider inside

Reactions: Ashendale

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
no induction cell = no power storage
no induction provider = cant intake or outtake any power
there is sufficient notes on a bunch of mekinism stuff if you just looked at its wiki