Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Some questions for anyone that's been playing modded 1.9.4:

Upon death (assuming you aren't using a gravestone mod), do you get super intensive lag for a little while?
Does it ever seem like whenever you break a tile entity (such as crops) that the game stutters a bit?

Also does anyone know of some guides for the new version of blood magic?

V

Viperion

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
G

Gabriel8a

Hey I've been playing Sky factory 2.5 and I want to start with AE2 but there are no ways of getting the incribers, I already tryed crafting a compass to find a meteorite but it just starts spinning (which actually means that I'm in a chunk with a metiorite in it) but there aren't any. Please help!!!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hey I've been playing Sky factory 2.5 and I want to start with AE2 but there are no ways of getting the incribers, I already tryed crafting a compass to find a meteorite but it just starts spinning (which actually means that I'm in a chunk with a metiorite in it) but there aren't any. Please help!!!
I believe the Inscribers have been removed and Processors are made through the AE1 route(crafting uncooked processors and then smelting them). At least that is what I gathered, not played the pack.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
For the person asking about Ender Pearls, my "simple method" style of play is to just make sure I'm using a sword with Fortune III, or Luck, or whatever term is used. I have a checklist that I follow for every playthru, and Lapis is always high on my list of things to get as early as possible. Obtaining 450 lapis to put a full Fortune 3 on my Tinkers Construct sword is never an easy task, takes a good bit of mining down low early on and it's always one of the grind-iest tasks on the checklist. Having Nether Ores in the modpack makes the task infinitely easier, assuming you can survive the Nether in early game without too much upset... But in my opinion, there's no better way to get that early-game supply of Ender Pearls by making sure you maximize the "pearl income" of every encounter you have with those wascaly wabbits...

Reactions: Mindfeak926

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That's a possibility. Is it a new feature? I've been using a tesseract adjacent to a quarry for ages and never noticed this before...

...although that said I don't normally filter out the junk so yeah

Not a new feature at all. My quarry setup has long been to simply plop the Tess on top of quarry - set Tess to receive power, and send items, and it's a two-block gift from the Minecraft Gods. No mess, no clutter, no fuss, no bother. :)

Reactions: malicious_bloke

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Obtaining MFR Pink Slime is the worst mechanic in the game for me. Had to spend quite some time to make the MFR Slaughterhouse, the MFR Breeder, then wait for the cows to grow up... it takes quite a number of cows (maybe 100) to get one bucket of pink slime... the whole process is just slimy and revolting. All to make one Pink Slime, which I can then capture in a Safari Net and reproduce at-will with the MFR Auto-Spawner... which of course meant I had to do the Division Sigil ritual to get the Cursed Earth to make the Mob Essence so I could make my Pink Slimes over and over again... sigh. Maybe this all wasn't worth it? LOL

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Obtaining MFR Pink Slime is the worst mechanic in the game for me. Had to spend quite some time to make the MFR Slaughterhouse, the MFR Breeder, then wait for the cows to grow up... it takes quite a number of cows (maybe 100) to get one bucket of pink slime... the whole process is just slimy and revolting. All to make one Pink Slime, which I can then capture in a Safari Net and reproduce at-will with the MFR Auto-Spawner... which of course meant I had to do the Division Sigil ritual to get the Cursed Earth to make the Mob Essence so I could make my Pink Slimes over and over again... sigh. Maybe this all wasn't worth it? LOL

You know the slaughterhouse works on hostile mobs too, right? Just set up a 5x5 Cursed Earth farm with a Slaughterhouse and you'll have your slime in no time. You're over thinking it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You know the slaughterhouse works on hostile mobs too, right? Just set up a 5x5 Cursed Earth farm with a Slaughterhouse and you'll have your slime in no time. You're over thinking it.
And you don't actually need to autospawn the Pink slimes. That is what the Slime Embiggening Syringe is for.
Just shoot it, hit it till it splits and you suddenly got 4 slimes. Kill 3 of them with Looting sword and shoot up one of them again with the syringes for more.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Nope, didn't know that but I got my one slime in a Safari Net, got my Cursed Earth 9x9 spawn pad with the Dark Glass and 4 MFR Grinders up and running, made a Bedrockium drum to hold the Essence, and all I really need to do is connect the Drum to the MFR Auto-Spawner and I'll be able to make my Crossbow bolts using Pink Slime, which was really what this whole exercise was all about in the first place. :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
And you don't actually need to autospawn the Pink slimes. That is what the Slime Embiggening Syringe is for.
Just shoot it, hit it till it splits and you suddenly got 4 slimes. Kill 3 of them with Looting sword and shoot up one of them again with the syringes for more.

Aha - yes, I did discover the Embiggening Syringe, laughed at the name and the idea, but never actually went ahead and tried it. The Auto-Spawner serves SO many purposes... one of which is to spawn Wither Skeletons so I can use a Cleaver with beheading enchants thru the roof on it, so I can use the wither skulls over in my Wither spawner setup, so I'll have a supply of Nether Stars for use in Draconic items... you know the drill, it's the same in every one of these main modpacks. haha

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Curiosity: there are plenty (of stable, it seems) mods for 1.9.4. Why no Unstable for people to give inputs? I understand there is work being done on Inventions, but are they that short on people? Balance wouldn't be an issue, at this point. I understand that one of the philosophy behind Unstable packs is that they are ever changing, so why not?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Curiosity: there are plenty (of stable, it seems) mods for 1.9.4. Why no Unstable for people to give inputs? I understand there is work being done on Inventions, but are they that short on people? Balance wouldn't be an issue, at this point. I understand that one of the philosophy behind Unstable packs is that they are ever changing, so why not?
Since the mods are stable, they're working on 1.9 packs.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
They had, and I think still have, an Unstable 1.8.

And apparently 1.8 and 1.9 are similar enough that many modders could port to 1.9 from 1.8 easily.
Going from 1.8 to 1.9 is relatively simple as you said, so if the modder has his/her mod/s updated to 1.8, it ain't a problem.

However, going from 1.7 to 1.8 or 1.9 is a whole different ordeal

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Anywho, I've got a question.

I've been working on IC2 reactors, because Infinity Evolved.

So far I've made a reactor design on a simulator (actually just copied it off somewhere and modified a bit) and was wondering if I could continuously run this reactor without it melting down or whatever (barring the fact that I have to replace the fuel rods).

upload_2016-6-1_20-20-18.png

Code:
Reactor minimum temperature: 0.00
Reactor maximum temperature: 570.00
Fuel rods (if any) stopped after 20,000 seconds.
Total EU output: 120,000,000 (300.00 EU/t min, 300.00 EU/t max, 300.00 EU/t average)
Efficiency: 3.00 average, 3.00 minimum, 3.00 maximum
Reactor took 31 seconds to cool down.
Other components took 32 seconds to cool down (as much as they would).
Total Vent Cooling: 500.00 of 501.00
Total Cell Cooling: 0.00
Total Condensator Cooling: 0.00
Max Heat Generated: 480.00
Excess cooling: 20.00

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anywho, I've got a question.

I've been working on IC2 reactors, because Infinity Evolved.

So far I've made a reactor design on a simulator (actually just copied it off somewhere and modified a bit) and was wondering if I could continuously run this reactor without it melting down or whatever (barring the fact that I have to replace the fuel rods).

View attachment 27791
Code:
Reactor minimum temperature: 0.00
Reactor maximum temperature: 570.00
Fuel rods (if any) stopped after 20,000 seconds.
Total EU output: 120,000,000 (300.00 EU/t min, 300.00 EU/t max, 300.00 EU/t average)
Efficiency: 3.00 average, 3.00 minimum, 3.00 maximum
Reactor took 31 seconds to cool down.
Other components took 32 seconds to cool down (as much as they would).
Total Vent Cooling: 500.00 of 501.00
Total Cell Cooling: 0.00
Total Condensator Cooling: 0.00
Max Heat Generated: 480.00
Excess cooling: 20.00
I'm 90% sure I've used this design before. Can you copy/paste the code so I can see it in other simulators?
That's a pretty efficient reactor and it is producing excess cooling, so you should be fine. I'd drop in some reactor plating into the empty slots to facilitate automation: since all fuel rods are the same type, you can easily automate this by piping in the fuel rods and they'll go to all available slots.