Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
not off the top of my head, but I found this one with a quick search. The good (????????) thing about IC2 is that it really hasn't changed much over time, so this 2-year-old video still applies, I'm very familiar with the UUmatter process and this video seems to show the whole process
ftfy

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
my use of the word "good" was solely intended to communicate to the person who asked the question that even tho the video is 2+ years old, it still applies in full. That's why it's a "good" thing. Not because we have a mod that THANK GOODNESS!! stopped updating a few years ago. That is most certainly NOT a good thing.

Poor choice of words on my part, yes... thank you Pyure for jumping all over me for it. As always, you nailed it with the correct fix. Love ya. haha :D ;) :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
my use of the word "good" was solely intended to communicate to the person who asked the question that even tho the video is 2+ years old, it still applies in full. That's why it's a "good" thing. Not because we have a mod that THANK GOODNESS!! stopped updating a few years ago. That is most certainly NOT a good thing.

Poor choice of words on my part, yes... thank you Pyure for jumping all over me for it. As always, you nailed it with the correct fix. Love ya. haha :D ;) :p
It was my dry sense of humour dude. There was absolutely nothing wrong with your response. I simply wanted to abuse it for my own amusement.

Johannes

Jul 29, 2019
When playing Infinity Evolved with my friend, we noticed that one player could sleep independently, fastforwarding to the next morning without needing all present players to be in their beds.
We feel it's more immersive when all players need to be in their beds simultaneously in order to skip the night. How do we revert back to that state please?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
When playing Infinity Evolved with my friend, we noticed that one player could sleep independently, fastforwarding to the next morning without needing all present players to be in their beds.
We feel it's more immersive when all players need to be in their beds simultaneously in order to skip the night. How do we revert back to that state please?
There's a mod called Morpheus which provides this ability. There should be a config file in the /config folder (possibly named morpheus.cfg) that will allow you to tweak it.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
There's a mod called Morpheus which provides this ability. There should be a config file in the /config folder (possibly named morpheus.cfg) that will allow you to tweak it.

Unless it changed, default is 50% of players sleeping, but you can config it to be whatever percentage you like (up to 100, if you like).

No one

Jul 29, 2019
not off the top of my head, but I found this one with a quick search. The good thing about IC2 is that it really hasn't changed much over time, so this 2-year-old video still applies, I'm very familiar with the UUmatter process and this video seems to show the whole process

CORRECTION: There is one mistake in the video, you DO NOT NEED TO use Transformer upgrades in the Mass Fabricator (assuming you are playing 1.7.10 modpacks)! They don't do anything, the Mass Fabs will run faster and faster the more EU you can feed them, there is no limit and you don't need any upgrades.

Also, the UUmatter amounts have changed, check your modpack for specifics. This video shows iridium ore costing 22000 mb of UUmatter! In 1.7.10 modpacks, iridium costs a lot less than that. You do not need to store UUmatter in a tank, just feed it to your Replicator and just keep it running non-stop.

Alright, thank you very much :D. I use 1.6 though, not 1.7, so do I still need the transformer upgrades? I'm using Ultimate Universal Cables from Mekanism to transfer the EU, idk if that will affect anything.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Simple Question: What are the main differences between Sky Factory 2.5 and FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock?

(A link to a discussion on the topic counts as a simple answer, if such a thing exists.)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
There are some mod differences. But besides that Infinity Evolved uses the hard mode recipes from Infinity Evolved as the default with no way to turn them off. So there is a lot of forced progression. For example you can't make a basic machine frame from TE without first setting up build craft lasers. Where Sky Factory is more of a open kitchen sink sky block map with a self paced guide/quest book (not HQM) where you can check items you have completed off.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Simple Question: What are the main differences between Sky Factory 2.5 and FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock?

(A link to a discussion on the topic counts as a simple answer, if such a thing exists.)
There are some mod differences. But besides that Infinity Evolved uses the hard mode recipes from Infinity Evolved as the default with no way to turn them off. So there is a lot of forced progression. For example you can't make a basic machine frame from TE without first setting up build craft lasers. Where Sky Factory is more of a open kitchen sink sky block map with a self paced guide/quest book (not HQM) where you can check items you have completed off.

TL;DR: IE Skyblock is meant to be hardgrindy; Sky Factory 2.5 is not.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question: (LOL) What in the heck is going on over at Curse? To be perfectly honest, none of what is going on surprises me in the least, and quite honestly, I hope it means the end of the Curse client and Curse's involvement in Minecraft. Now if we could only get rid of Microsoft... (yeah right, thanks a lot Notch).

My opinions, for whatever they are worth (zero). And I literally know nothing about what is happening behind the curtains, I just read things and hear things, and I scratch my head a lot over it all. Disclaimer: I'm an older guy, not your typical minecrafter teen. This whole things stinks, whatever is going on... and NDA's are rubbish, too, so somebody just tell us what the heck is up. Somebody who isn't afraid of stupid lawyers. LOL If you must, send me a private message, but enough of this crap - tell the whole community right here, right now.

I'll put the video in a spoiler so it's kinda sorta hidden. But none of this should be hidden, I really really REALLY dislike secrecy and subterfuge. Whatever's going on should be out in the open so we all can make rational choices.

EDIT: Added question: Does Curse "own" FTB now? Including this forum? Am I in the den of vipers asking my questions, without even realizing it? LOL Minecraft is just a game, a simple game, a great game... but like all other human endeavors, a "simple game" somehow ends up being this big secret mystery with all kinds of corporations and legal teams involved... sigh And so it goes with our wonderful species...

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Simple question: (LOL) What in the heck is going on over at Curse? To be perfectly honest, none of what is going on surprises me in the least, and quite honestly, I hope it means the end of the Curse client and Curse's involvement in Minecraft. Now if we could only get rid of Microsoft... (yeah right, thanks a lot Notch).

My opinions, for whatever they are worth (zero). And I literally know nothing about what is happening behind the curtains, I just read things and hear things, and I scratch my head a lot over it all. Disclaimer: I'm an older guy, not your typical minecrafter teen. This whole things stinks, whatever is going on... and NDA's are rubbish, too, so somebody just tell us what the heck is up. Somebody who isn't afraid of stupid lawyers. LOL If you must, send me a private message, but enough of this crap - tell the whole community right here, right now.

I'll put the video in a spoiler so it's kinda sorta hidden. But none of this should be hidden, I really really REALLY dislike secrecy and subterfuge. Whatever's going on should be out in the open so we all can make rational choices.

EDIT: Added question: Does Curse "own" FTB now? Including this forum? Am I in the den of vipers asking my questions, without even realizing it? LOL Minecraft is just a game, a simple game, a great game... but like all other human endeavors, a "simple game" somehow ends up being this big secret mystery with all kinds of corporations and legal teams involved... sigh And so it goes with our wonderful species...
Apparently Jaded and Myrathi(and Eyamaz or did he leave himself?) got fired(or contract expired) from their job of(among other things) approving files on Curse.

As a result the community exploded in wild speculations and accusations and general Curse hate. But as far as I have understood it, they were hired on a temporary contract and now curse for whatever reason don't want to renew it. That is their business. And the involved parties seems rather at peace with it(for the most part).

As for Vazkii video/reddit post. He wanted to investigate/expose that Curse doesn't currently fully moderate the files they host. But there are IMO several important aspects to keep in mind about this:
  • The moderators could very well have let his "malware" through, simply because they saw him as a trusted member of the community. If you are down on manpower and Vazkii uploads a mod, they probably don't go trawling through his mods files/source code...
  • There are currently NO other safe sources of mods ANYWHERE. The fact that there is any moderation at all could make Curse a lot safer than going for random google search results for downloads.

Honestly just chill out and wait for it to blow over. At the moment it is just a blaze of drama being fueled by people who know nothing about anything, but have a lot of theories.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah i guess i feel bad for posting anything cause I sure don't mean to stir up the hornet's nest. But then again, I don't take back anything either. Thanks for being a voice of reason and calm, rhn. :cool: