Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Build some Iron Golems on the Overworld side and push them through the portal? ;)
Or toss some TNT through...

Vanilla portals can act like chunkloaders, if you toss an entity through periodcally. I'd have probably set up a dropper with a 30-second timer aimed at my Overworld-side portal and loaded it with a couple stacks of cobblestone, and just let it run. Hopefully, during that time, the mobs would all despawn or return to their blocks.

Failing that, my next attempt would be to set up another portal a ways away (far enough that it didn't connect to the original nether-side portal) and work my way through the nether back toward the original portal, either killing the mobs camping the original portal or just drawing them away.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Galicticraft... Is there any other source of meteoric iron besides the meteors on the moon surface? I would like to make the higher tier rockets. But, I don't want to spend 10 years on the moon waiting for them to fall.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
No, I just wanted to have access to my network on different floors (that are a bit far apart and accessible only through teleportation)

So I guess QNB is the only way to accomplish this?
ah for your case ae2stuff might have what u need its called a wireless network connection (or something like that ) be aware/careful about their power draw

Reactions: Ashendale

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
How does the Curse Voice client decide how to rank which mod packs are the most popular? I mean the top one has 782K downloads, the next one has 307K downloads, and then the third one has 1M downloads....

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How does the Curse Voice client decide how to rank which mod packs are the most popular? I mean the top one has 782K downloads, the next one has 307K downloads, and then the third one has 1M downloads....
Wild guess: current popularity would be based on downloads over the last X days/weeks.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
ah for your case ae2stuff might have what u need its called a wireless network connection (or something like that ) be aware/careful about their power draw
Thanks.

It just felt that using the QNB for 2 floors would be like trying to kill flies with a panzer...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
AT Launcher is such a mess, I thought Colossus was a new modpack but when it asked me to download at least five mods from the 1.6.4 era, two of which I could not even find... yeah. You'd think it would be a real simple thing for a Launcher to put the "Release Date" information on each modpack, so we KNOW it's an older pack... but no. That's apparently asking too much.

I don't think FTB Launcher shows modpack release dates either. So you're not much better, but definitely better than that AT piece of crap. Modded minecraft is like television for me these days... a bazillion channels (modpacks), but not one of them showing anything of any value whatsoever. Bah humbug, where is this INVENTIONS that we've been teased with?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
AT Launcher is such a mess, I thought Colossus was a new modpack but when it asked me to download at least five mods from the 1.6.4 era, two of which I could not even find... yeah. You'd think it would be a real simple thing for a Launcher to put the "Release Date" information on each modpack, so we KNOW it's an older pack... but no. That's apparently asking too much.

I don't think FTB Launcher shows modpack release dates either. So you're not much better, but definitely better than that AT piece of crap. Modded minecraft is like television for me these days... a bazillion channels (modpacks), but not one of them showing anything of any value whatsoever. Bah humbug, where is this INVENTIONS that we've been teased with?

Unlike television, you can create your own show which is tailored to your particular needs and wants. Although sometimes frustrating, I found building and configuring a pack to be a fun process (much improved from the pre-1.7 era), and the experience I've had playing my own pack has been more rewarding (IMO) than any other pack I've played. We have the tools now to be the change we want to see. Who knows, maybe others are looking for a pack like yours too.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
@asb3pe I'm actually having mixed feeling over Inventions. Shouldn't Unstable 1.9 come out before? I believe there are quite a lot of 1.9 mods out already. Mojang is developing 1.10, so I guess 1.9 is "stable" unless there's a major bug found in the meantime.

Regarding ATLauncher update dates: you can check the launcher Twitter - it tweets everytime an update is pushed. On the other hand, you have to use an advanced search to search that speciffic account and find only tweets regarding a pack you're interested in seeing. That or read every tweet until you find the tweet for a specific pack...

@Inaeo How's the learning curve to setup your pack? I've been a bit reluctant in making my own pack over how much time it'll take to get it running (afaik, ID and Forge version conflicts are the worst part of it.), and then more so each time I decide to perform a pack update. If the learning curve isn't that bad, what do you find best? Curse? MultiMC? Reika's mods aren't available on Curse, and I'm not sure if MultiMC has direct access to his server.

I share asbe3pe's feelings in finding a pack to tailer my needs at any given moment. And Mekanism 9 is out, so yeah...

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
@asb3pe I'm actually having mixed feeling over Inventions. Shouldn't Unstable 1.9 come out before? I believe there are quite a lot of 1.9 mods out already. Mojang is developing 1.10, so I guess 1.9 is "stable" unless there's a major bug found in the meantime.

Regarding ATLauncher update dates: you can check the launcher Twitter - it tweets everytime an update is pushed. On the other hand, you have to use an advanced search to search that speciffic account and find only tweets regarding a pack you're interested in seeing. That or read every tweet until you find the tweet for a specific pack...

@Inaeo How's the learning curve to setup your pack? I've been a bit reluctant in making my own pack over how much time it'll take to get it running (afaik, ID and Forge version conflicts are the worst part of it.), and then more so each time I decide to perform a pack update. If the learning curve isn't that bad, what do you find best? Curse? MultiMC? Reika's mods aren't available on Curse, and I'm not sure if MultiMC has direct access to his server.

I share asbe3pe's feelings in finding a pack to tailer my needs at any given moment. And Mekanism 9 is out, so yeah...

My first go at making a pack was 1.6.4. That was a nightmare. I started fiddling with a pack for 1.7 as just a learning project, but as the Curse Repository has grown (Reika's mods are there now, FYI), the experience has been amazingly simple.

I've experienced no Forge version conflicts, but that's likely due to Forge updating more for 1.8+ than 1.7 these days and me keeping mostly to the latest versions of mods when I add them. I had a few Potion IDs conflict, but a simple config change resolved that. I've found a bunch of conflicting recipies, but NoMoreRecipeConflicts has worked around that until I bother Minetweaking them (if I ever do).

Honestly, the hardest part has been configuring the Ore Generation with COFHcore. This wasn't needed, but I wanted it, so I learned how to do it (which meant loading a lot of new worlds to see how things changed each time). Now I have large veins of ores, each as their own y-levels, at decent distances from each other. All of my worlds ores are the same variant (TE for most, TiCo for a few, a few outliers for odd ores that didnt have oreDict matches). I even added TiCo ore gravel into pockets of naturally generated gravel. The power it offers is astounding.

Curse may even have a fork of Mek on it now for those who don't leave home without it. That repository keeps growing, and as soon as they add MC Version filters, it will be even better. But then, thus has been my experience - there is none like your own.

Reactions: Ashendale

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Unlike television, you can create your own show which is tailored to your particular needs and wants. Although sometimes frustrating, I found building and configuring a pack to be a fun process (much improved from the pre-1.7 era), and the experience I've had playing my own pack has been more rewarding (IMO) than any other pack I've played. We have the tools now to be the change we want to see. Who knows, maybe others are looking for a pack like yours too.

@Inaeo is correct... Particularly with the Curse client.

When you set up a custom pack, you first select the MC version you want to use. Then you select the Forge version, and the selections listed include only those compatible with the MC version selected. For example, about a week ago there was no version of Forge listed for 1.9.4. Now there is. CAVEAT: You may not see any Forge versions if you only select those in "Released" status... You may need to use Beta or even Alpha versions.

Once your Custom Profile is created, you can add mods, and once again Curse filters mods to only show those compatible with the MC and Forge versions selected. I have had no problems with mods for my 1.9 profile (34 currently, and counting) although there's not a whole lot yet for 1.9.4 (4 in my list so far). I check every day for new mods as well.

I have yet to see any kind of ID issue at all, and though many of my favorite mods haven't updated yet I can still hold out hope :)

Reactions: Ashendale and Inaeo
T

The_Sound_of_Progress

I need a good Biomes O' Plenty seed for FTB Horizons daybreaker. It is a 1.7.10 pack, and I'm looking for a Mesa, Canyon, or Pine forest. Can anyone help?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Reboot resolved it.

Somehow I put my game into a mode where I cannot turn very quickly - I turn in slow motion, and there's momentum so when I stop, the turn continues for a short while. It's really weird, like my guy is swimming in molasses. Anyone know what key I pressed? And how to get back to regular minecrafting mode where *I* control my characters movements instantaneously? Good lord, the things I find, and the stuff I do... does this kinda bizarreness happen to the rest of you too? LOL and sigh

I've tried all the "F" keys (like F8) and none of those are fixing my problem. Next step is a computer reboot.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Somehow I put my game into a mode where I cannot turn very quickly - I turn in slow motion, and there's momentum so when I stop, the turn continues for a short while. It's really weird, like my guy is swimming in molasses. Anyone know what key I pressed? And how to get back to regular minecrafting mode where *I* control my characters movements instantaneously? Good lord, the things I find, and the stuff I do... does this kinda bizarreness happen to the rest of you too? LOL and sigh

I've tried all the "F" keys (like F8) and none of those are fixing my problem. Next step is a computer reboot.
It is called "Toggle Cinematic Camera" under Miscellaneous under Controls. It used to be F8 I think.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Reboot resolved it.

I'm not sure what actual keybind it is, but it happens to me sometimes when I adjust my headset volume. Usually adjusting it one more click in up or down will toggle it back off.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason adding Iguanas Tinker Tweaks to Infinity Expert Mode would cause problems?

V

Viperion

@Inaeo is correct... Particularly with the Curse client.

When you set up a custom pack, you first select the MC version you want to use. Then you select the Forge version, and the selections listed include only those compatible with the MC version selected. For example, about a week ago there was no version of Forge listed for 1.9.4. Now there is. CAVEAT: You may not see any Forge versions if you only select those in "Released" status... You may need to use Beta or even Alpha versions.

Once your Custom Profile is created, you can add mods, and once again Curse filters mods to only show those compatible with the MC and Forge versions selected. I have had no problems with mods for my 1.9 profile (34 currently, and counting) although there's not a whole lot yet for 1.9.4 (4 in my list so far). I check every day for new mods as well.

I have yet to see any kind of ID issue at all, and though many of my favorite mods haven't updated yet I can still hold out hope :)
Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Is there a tutorial on how to do these things online somewhere?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Other than making TiC even more powerful than normal not really.
wouldnt that only occur if u config igwana tweaks to do so , by default isn't a "little" brutal with its stock configs (its stock configs not ftb stock configs for it )