Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Big Reactors

Just to be sure I'm not missing anything obvious (as I've tested it just now). I have to use, necessarily, 2 Reactor Access Ports to move fuel and waste from a reactor, right? With conduits I can only move 1, as I only see a setting for Inlet or Outlet mode, and not both.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Gelid Cryotheum will not "flow down", that liquid always falls to the lowest level possible unlike other liquids. So if you are using that as your coolant, you will need to fill every block vertically in between your fuel rods.
Depending on the layout anyway, assuming I remember correctly gelid cryotheum only falls directly down and can flow down over steps so if you have a gap in rods you could put a block to support it at the top of reactor in and have it fill the surrounding columns.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Big Reactors

Just to be sure I'm not missing anything obvious (as I've tested it just now). I have to use, necessarily, 2 Reactor Access Ports to move fuel and waste from a reactor, right? With conduits I can only move 1, as I only see a setting for Inlet or Outlet mode, and not both.

Keyrect.... Yes you need 2 ports.

Reactions: Ashendale

Tim Madisun

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 1.10.0 Question regarding fluid/liquid storage.

I am looking for an effective way to store fluids/liquids in as dense a configuration as possible. A kind of deep storage unit for fluids if you will. My current choice was bedrockium drums which I have no problem creating. The issue I am running in to right now is a way to simplify access to these fluids and how to both send fluid to and from the drums either remotely or across dimensions. I did see a lot of videos regarding the mod Extra Cells for AE2 however it is not included in Direwolf20 modpack. Perhaps there is a low-tech alternative although high tech doesnt matter either, just as long as its possible in dw20 regardless of cost.

I tend to use bedrockium drums connected to ender tanks. You can set unique colours for liquids the same way as ender chests.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Which key is referred to as the "LMENU" button? IIRC it means the left mouse button? I hope not since Neotech doesn't have key configs

ingeraskurai

Jul 29, 2019
This is a question about the infinity evolved modpack on expert mode.

Is there a way to boost bee mutation chance? I've tried alveary electrical stimulators, frame housings, mutator. None of them seem to affect the mutation chance. Has this been changed so nothing changes mutation chance? Will soul frames in an apiary work either?

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone can show me an example of MineTweaker recipe for Chisel Mod?
Trying to add Gany's Surface blocks like Andesite (I just found out it is the same as Chisel's Andesite) and it can't be chiselled

P

Parascythe

Is there a fix or workaround to the massive rubberbanding happening on witchery's enchanted broom? I love the mod (even tho its abandoned) but there are just so many inconsistencies with it atm. Like for example the nox spell to knock out lights in a 10 block radius drains pretty much half your infusion every cast, yet the spells to cast a light globe, create water or fire costs nothing XD

I heard it is a recurring thing with mounting type items that let you fly but this is my first mount. My main method of travel is jetpack and hang glider which is funny and quick but it sucks for long distances which is why I wanted the broom. It took me so long to get that owl familiar just to find out that strafing was removed in 1.7 -_-

I guess it's okay for what it's mainly used for though. Bee biomes, death protection and cheap fancy teleports.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Anyone can show me an example of MineTweaker recipe for Chisel Mod?
Trying to add Gany's Surface blocks like Andesite (I just found out it is the same as Chisel's Andesite) and it can't be chiselled

Below is the code I used on a custom pack to remove a 2nd variant of ice & packed ice that was preventing what I should be able to chisel.
Code:
print("Remove bad ice and packed ice group from Chisel");
//remove bad ice
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:1>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:2>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:3>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:4>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:5>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:6>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:7>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:8>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:9>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:10>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:11>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:12>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:13>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:14>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:15>);
// remove bad packed ice
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:1>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:2>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:3>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:4>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:5>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:6>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:7>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:8>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:9>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:10>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:11>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:12>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:13>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:14>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:15>);

Reactions: reddvilzz

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
are there any mods in like infinity that can like improve animals (specifically chickens at laying eggs)?

I made an automatic cake factory and am using like 30 chickens and like 30 cows I think and they're making too much noise and more importantly were not really optimal for my computer's performance....

I'm also really interested if there's like ways to improve like pet wolves and cats like magically or something?

;-; gets kinda lonely while adventuring so I wanted to know if there was like for example some sort of crazy thaumcraft way to make them better companions.

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
are there any mods in like infinity that can like improve animals (specifically chickens at laying eggs)?

I made an automatic cake factory and am using like 30 chickens and like 30 cows I think and they're making too much noise and more importantly were not really optimal for my computer's performance....

I'm also really interested if there's like ways to improve like pet wolves and cats like magically or something?

;-; gets kinda lonely while adventuring so I wanted to know if there was like for example some sort of crazy thaumcraft way to make them better companions.
as for the improving creatures take a look at Thaumic Horizons their is a recipe for a much improved horse(dread stead ?) along with some other "infusion " type recipes for improvements of some other mobs , the recipes certainly could be called a "Crazy thaumcraft way "

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

You may want to look into Witchery. That mod's familiars are much stronger than their unbound counterparts.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Below is the code I used on a custom pack to remove a 2nd variant of ice & packed ice that was preventing what I should be able to chisel.
Code:
print("Remove bad ice and packed ice group from Chisel");
//remove bad ice
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:1>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:2>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:3>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:4>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:5>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:6>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:7>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:8>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:9>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:10>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:11>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:12>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:13>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:14>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:15>);
// remove bad packed ice
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:1>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:2>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:3>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:4>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:5>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:6>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:7>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:8>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:9>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:10>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:11>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:12>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:13>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:14>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:15>);
I'm assuming to add recipe it will be addVariations then?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam

Not in infinity, but magical crops can produce animal products

I believe you can also set up duplication in the crucible with Thaumcraft for some animal products, not sure which ones off the top of my head. I believe eggs are one of them.

Botania might have something similar with the alchemy catalyst as well.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019

Psh, who needs pets when you can summon your own demon slave? Check out Blood Magic http://ftbwiki.org/Summoning

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Is there a simple way to set mining turtles to exclude valuable ores? I've got a TiCo pick with Luck (IIRC), and I'd just as soon use that for any diamonds, draconium, rubies, etc., instead of letting the turtle get the default drops.

Does this require Silk Touch to get ore blocks, and use a mining program to exclude specific items?