Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
InfiTech perhaps? It's much closer to normal minecraft than a TFC based pack in how it plays but the focus around GT5 causes it to still play fairly differently, although early on it can be slower while you're still trying to find useful ore veins and get enough metal to create your basic toolset. While it has HQM too that's totally optional and more of a guide to GregTech than anything else.

Yep, this is pretty much the answer. I love GregTech far beyond all other mods combined. I do have an older InfiTech2 world, but I loaded it up and immediately noticed some items in my base are missing, they've been removed or changed or something... so that's how old my save file is. There was no HQM quest book in the pack when I played it 6 months ago or whatever. I tried to load up a brand new game, but since I know the modpack, I also know the length of time it will take me, beginning from "brand new"... and I just don't think I can do it all over again. Then I debate using creative mode to make a base similar to what I had previously, and then switch it back to survival mode and continue on from there... but even that feels like so much work, time and effort, I tried for 10 minutes and deleted the world already. LOL I've taken so many breaks from this game but it appears the only solution for me is to take another one and just wait for "the next big thing" to come along. So A+ for the suggestion, even if you don't know my preferences with the game, you nailed it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack bug reporting is quite a chore (so normally I wouldn't bother), but I just made one for Horizons Daybreaker since the pack won't load up or run for me.

Is it just me, or is it the same for everybody? If you have the time and interest, try to install and load that modpack and see if you get an error about Mekanism mod not being found?

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason to create a HV solar panel in a pack that has both compact solars and hybrid solar panels?

Basically, is there any reason to create a HV solar panel over a ultimate hybrid solar panel?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there any reason to create a HV solar panel in a pack that has both compact solars and hybrid solar panels?
Basically, is there any reason to create a HV solar panel over a ultimate hybrid solar panel?

Compact solars use a TONNE of basic materials. So your payment is in the amount of resources needed. But they are simple to acquire resources. Hybrid solars on the other hand rely on complex machine and very expensive components (use of UU-mater, iridium, time and energy). But overall resource cost will be cheaper. So it is a matter of personal preference. I usually prefer compact solars since I dislike IC2-exp.

Reactions: jordsta95
I

identity001

Do you have console access to the server using putty or another SSH client? If so see if a sftp client like WinSCP will connect to it. That will enable you to copy files up to the server. Beyond that, you might need to ask the host provider how but to copy up individual files. You should have this type of access to fix other issues as they arise (restore from backup, clean up old backup and logs, fixing a corrupted entity/block by using MCEDIT, etc.)

After contacting Multiplay I was guided to a video tutorial on how to do it through Filezilla. Issue has been resolved.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Compact solars use a TONNE of basic materials. So your payment is in the amount of resources needed. But they are simple to acquire resources. Hybrid solars on the other hand rely on complex machine and very expensive components (use of UU-mater, iridium, time and energy). But overall resource cost will be cheaper. So it is a matter of personal preference. I usually prefer compact solars since I dislike IC2-exp.

Er, I didn't think the hybrid solar panels required UU Matter? let me check again.

I'm not seeing a need for UU-matter anywhere in the recipes, or to make any of the required objects? are you talking about the iridium ore required? You can just stick a iron ingot in a molecular transformer and with 9 million EU it turns into a iridum ore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Everlasting2

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
are you talking about the iridium ore required? You can just stick a iron ingot in a molecular transformer and with 9 million EU it turns into a iridum ore.

Yes, I was referring to the iridium. Last time I did play with IC-exp that was the only route to go for the solars. The only thing I remember putting in the molecular transformer was glowstone. I guess things changed a little. But, my recent experience on Infinity Evolved Hard Mode didn't change my opinion about IC2.

The Lost

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 1.10.0 Question regarding fluid/liquid storage.

I am looking for an effective way to store fluids/liquids in as dense a configuration as possible. A kind of deep storage unit for fluids if you will. My current choice was bedrockium drums which I have no problem creating. The issue I am running in to right now is a way to simplify access to these fluids and how to both send fluid to and from the drums either remotely or across dimensions. I did see a lot of videos regarding the mod Extra Cells for AE2 however it is not included in Direwolf20 modpack. Perhaps there is a low-tech alternative although high tech doesnt matter either, just as long as its possible in dw20 regardless of cost.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I was referring to the iridium. Last time I did play with IC-exp that was the only route to go for the solars. The only thing I remember putting in the molecular transformer was glowstone. I guess things changed a little. But, my recent experience on Infinity Evolved Hard Mode didn't change my opinion about IC2.

Alright, Thank you for the info, I guess the only reason I would want to build the HV solars from compact solars would be to use more materials, if I have excess materials. The ultimate hybrid solar panels seem to have an advantage in every way, they get power during the night, and they are "cheaper" to build. Thank you for your help.

Decanus

Jul 29, 2019
I have come back to minecraft after a long break,this not a question about a mod, but how do we get an NEI dump showing unused block/item ids a know there was an option for this but the UI has changed since last time i did this i can see an option in tools to dump blocks or items but this gives a list of all the used IDs but not the free ones. the options for enchants/potions/biomes have a toggle for used/free/all but these are absent for items/blocks, is there and option or trick i am missing. thanks for any help.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On Big Reactors, when using passive coolants, do I have a source block on each available space, or do I just put the source blocks at the top of the reactor and let them flow down?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
On Big Reactors, when using passive coolants, do I have a source block on each available space, or do I just put the source blocks at the top of the reactor and let them flow down?
Yep, just letting them flow should work fine, pretty sure I've done that before actually. The main issue is stuff like cryotheum that make that trickier to do but still dealable depending on the layout.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, just letting them flow should work fine, pretty sure I've done that before actually. The main issue is stuff like cryotheum that make that trickier to do but still dealable depending on the layout.
So there's no gain in putting source blocks everywhere?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I have come back to minecraft after a long break,this not a question about a mod, but how do we get an NEI dump showing unused block/item ids a know there was an option for this but the UI has changed since last time i did this i can see an option in tools to dump blocks or items but this gives a list of all the used IDs but not the free ones. the options for enchants/potions/biomes have a toggle for used/free/all but these are absent for items/blocks, is there and option or trick i am missing. thanks for any help.

Since moving to 1.7, items no longer depend on numerical IDs, but instead have moved to being named. I believe 1.7 allowed for both options, but going forward items will not be using ID numbers. Biomes, Potions, and Potion effects do still use ID numbers, so occasionally they conflict, this needing a dump list for used/available. This has made pack making so much easier (and generally more stable).

Note that I'm not a modder, so this may not be 100%, but depending on how long your break was, some major changes have happened behind the scenes.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Gelid Cryotheum will not "flow down", that liquid always falls to the lowest level possible unlike other liquids. So if you are using that as your coolant, you will need to fill every block vertically in between your fuel rods.

Resonant Ender, on the other hand, does flow like normal liquids, and therefore, if you are using that to surround your fuel rods and coolant liquid (up to three horizontal rings are often suggested to boost power output but 2 is usually sufficient), you only need to place one bucket at the very top of each block and it will flow to the bottom and do it's job. You don't need to "stack" the fluid blocks for Resonant Ender, only for Gelid Cryotheum.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Since moving to 1.7, items no longer depend on numerical IDs, but instead have moved to being named. I believe 1.7 allowed for both options, but going forward items will not be using ID numbers. Biomes, Potions, and Potion effects do still use ID numbers, so occasionally they conflict, this needing a dump list for used/available. This has made pack making so much easier (and generally more stable).

Note that I'm not a modder, so this may not be 100%, but depending on how long your break was, some major changes have happened behind the scenes.

There still are internal Block IDs, but they are dynamically assigned using the Block Name, much like a DHCP Internet address is assigned to a named device. They also doubled the total number of available blocks at the time... I'm not sure how many but it was either 2000 to 4000 or 4000 to 8000 block numbers.

I read yesterday from someone at Mojang that one of the things potentially happening in 1.10 that limit will be removed, making Block IDs "Limitless" (Mojang's word)

Block IDs do still have external uses. I've seen Direwolf20 use one to give the new Tinker's Construct Book (no recipe for it yet) to the other players on the Forgecraft 2 MC1.9 videos.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
On Big Reactors, when using passive coolants,
Just to make sure, Passive and Active reactors use the exact same mechanics for "cooling" materials. RF/Steam is "produced" in the casing. The materials are used to transfer the energy from the core to the casing the most efficient way.
For some reason it is a common misconception that active reactors should be left empty for the water or something. They should be built after the exact same principles as the Passive reactors. Only difference is that the Active gets a flat cooling bonus.

Gelid Cryotheum will not "flow down", that liquid always falls to the lowest level possible unlike other liquids. So if you are using that as your coolant, you will need to fill every block vertically in between your fuel rods.

Resonant Ender, on the other hand, does flow like normal liquids, and therefore, if you are using that to surround your fuel rods and coolant liquid (up to three horizontal rings are often suggested to boost power output but 2 is usually sufficient), you only need to place one bucket at the very top of each block and it will flow to the bottom and do it's job. You don't need to "stack" the fluid blocks for Resonant Ender, only for Gelid Cryotheum.

Actually since Resonant Ender acts like actual fluids, you can exploit that to build decent starter reactors with very few source blocks. If you first let the fluid flow out on temporary blocks and then remove those temporary blocks, you can make one sourceblock act like up to 28 columns(I think). Technically I suppose it is something like 225(probably less, I think it forms a "circle) if there is nothing else in the area, but why would you want that...

For example if Ender Pearls are really scarce you can build a starter reactor like this:
http://br.sidoh.org/#reactor-design...ontrolRodInsertion=81&layout=E5O3X2O3X2O3X5OE
Place 2 buckets of Ender in the two opposite corners on top of some block, let it flow out over temporary blocks to each side. Remove the temporary blocks and you end up with:
http://br.sidoh.org/#reactor-design...trolRodInsertion=80&layout=4EOE3X2E3X2E3XEO4E