Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Here's a question..

Why won't a Peaceful Table recognize TiCo weapons?

Try playing Infinity expert mode (or any other pack that makes basic MC tools have a durability of 1 makes this a major PITA)

Is there a mod/config I can use to make it happen?

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger
I'm pretty sure the peaceful table looks for MC's definition of a sword. TiCon spoofs a sword, but by MC's definitions I don't think they even count as tools. In order for TiCon tools to work with the peaceful table, extra utilities would have to specifically support TiCon in the peaceful table. So besides reverting the vanilla tool nerfs, there's really nothing you can do until you get like manasteel or something.
Could someone please tell me the name of the mod which adds a green popup in the top right corner of the screen displaying the current biome?

Using Infinity Evolved.
That would be either FTB Utilities or FTB Tweaks. Not sure which.
Does anyone know if the FTB Unstable 1.8.9 pack is still being maintained - there has not been an update for 5 weeks and it is missing things like the dividing sigil? that created cursed earth
What Ashendale said. 1.9 is a relatively simple update for modders, so now everyone's either updating from 1.7 to 1.8 or they're updating from 1.8 to 1.9.

And even though it is relatively simple, I'm sure the mods still come out incredibly buggy and in need of fixing before it even goes to closed alpha. Even still some people are waiting to update their mods until the 1.8 version is stable enough, or they may be in the middle of adding a certain feature that they want to finish before updating. I don't know. But yeah it's gonna take a bit of time to get going.

P

Parascythe

Thank you goreae. It's FTB Utilities. After opening character inventory there is a little settings button to turn off the "Wilderness" notifications.

S

SteelxCityxPro

You copy+pasta the files with the game turned off. And 417 sounds right. Like I said, don't just delete them. Copyu them to your desktop or something. Just in case.
Ya went through and got my world back last night thx for the help saved me a huge headache.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Agricraft has the Irrigation Channel that you craft with 3 wood planks. Now there is also something else, also from Agricraft, also called Irrigation Channel, that you craft with 4 Irrigation Channels (the ones from the planks I mentioned first). What does it do?

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the code it just looks like it's a variant of the irrigation channel that takes up a full block.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Seems silly for anything other than aesthetic purposes, but alright. Thanks guys

Another question: what do you guys do to feed you irrigation network? I'm thinking either aqueous accumulators or transfer nodes, but those require 3x3 areas and I was hoping for something more compact. Ideas?

(If none, I'll just increase my area a bit and do some tanks over fences, with the water beneath)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Automagy has the thirsty tank which is just one water source block + the tank and can even auto-output, there's also the everful urn which is just one block but needs something to extract from thaumic exploration I think it was and ender io has the reservoir which is a 2x2. There's also plenty of various pumps but those need a little more space generally, the thirsty tank being a notable exception.

Reactions: Ashendale

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Seems silly for anything other than aesthetic purposes, but alright. Thanks guys

Another question: what do you guys do to feed you irrigation network? I'm thinking either aqueous accumulators or transfer nodes, but those require 3x3 areas and I was hoping for something more compact. Ideas?

(If none, I'll just increase my area a bit and do some tanks over fences, with the water beneath)
For one thing, you don't need quite that much space to run either an aqueous accumulator or a transfer node. The AA just needs two sourceblocks horizontally adjacent to it, so unless it's changed since I last checked, you can do it in a 1x3 or 2x2 space (plus piping) with no loss of efficiency. Similarly, transfer nodes just need two sourceblocks horizontally adjacent to the one they face, so once again you just need a 2x2 or 1x3 of water, plus the transfer node itself.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Are the Agricraft Irrigation Channels the only way I can get my fields moist without the presence of water blocks? On a related subject, I seem to notice that once you pop some cropsticks down, farmland does not revert. Intended or will be corrected? Because Irrigation channels are lag monsters and I'm gonna replace them with MFR Fertilizers if I can.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Automate the input of items. Output is easy with the hopper belt but idk how to input them automatically w/o an ugly dropper system. Im sure im missing something i just dont know IE machines that well.

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019
Automate the input of items. Output is easy with the hopper belt but idk how to input them automatically w/o an ugly dropper system. Im sure im missing something i just dont know IE machines that well.
I just use a hopper on the conveyer for input as well

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I

icedsdcard

Are the Agricraft Irrigation Channels the only way I can get my fields moist without the presence of water blocks? On a related subject, I seem to notice that once you pop some cropsticks down, farmland does not revert. Intended or will be corrected? Because Irrigation channels are lag monsters and I'm gonna replace them with MFR Fertilizers if I can.
OpenBlocks sprinklers? IDK.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Other mods' sprinklers (Rotarycraft, Openblocks, etc.) may also be able to irrigate your crops. I haven't tested them recently enough to say for sure, and I don't know if you have either of those mods in your pack.

As for cropped farmland not reverting to dirt, the same thing happens when you plant vanilla crops on it, so I can only assume it's intentional or at least in keeping with the status quo and unlikely to be changed. You can plant wheat on dry dirt without fear of it popping off; it'll just grow *really* slowly. Which won't be a problem if you fertilize the heck out of it.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
As said, input is in the line of the conveyor, treat the block side facing the conveyor as the only input and try that. Or put a hopper pointing to it and pipe into the hopper, that's what I did as a holdover from when I was testing different setups to try and figure out IO for it.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is intended or not (I'm on ATLauncher's DNS Techpach) but MFR Fertilizer is not recognizing Agricraft crops. Is this intended, or...?