Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
How the hell do you grow nether wart with Agricraft? I heard that they have to be in complete darkness in order to grow, but I tested it by encasing myself in cobble with the nether wart to the point where it was PITCH BLACK and I could barely even see anything (in f7 there were red X's on the floor) and Waila STILL said "This plant cannot grow here." What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Nevermind. Just luckilly found out that they can't have a block in the space directly above them.

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019
How the hell do you grow nether wart with Agricraft? I heard that they have to be in complete darkness in order to grow, but I tested it by encasing myself in cobble with the nether wart to the point where it was PITCH BLACK and I could barely even see anything (in f7 there were red X's on the floor) and Waila STILL said "This plant cannot grow here." What am I doing wrong?
Empty block above?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Double check in NEI to see if the packs done something weird with soil requirements for them? Made sure there is nothing directly on top of the crop sticks?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Does ImmEng have a way to auto plant/farm in the mod itself, or am I to use MFR/Forestry?

Edit: also, on IE and on my DNS Techpack worlds, both instances using Fastcraft and Optifine, ImmEng coke oven and blast furnace do not show GUI updates. Is this from the performance mods (which?), or is anyone having the same issue without them?

Last edited:

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone? I did some digging and someone said the only way to get an Eldritch Eye is to deliberately give yourself loads of warp in order to maximize your chances of an Eldritch Guardian spawning, which rarely drop Eldritch Eyes. Is this really the only way?

AFAIK yes, and then make the portal-in-a-box and if you are lucky it will spawn a crimson cultist who will drop the eye. You might also be able to MFR auto-spawner the guardian but if not you can use the wrath cage to spawn them

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
you might also be able to MFR auto-spawner
mfr's autospawner is incapable of handling thamcraft mobs because thaumcraft said so (think thaumcraft asking mfr to blacklist its mobs ) a wraith cage will work so will a powered spawner (assuming no one has messed with the enderio config)

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to use Mekanism Universal cables to hook stuff. Is the value (presented as capacity) on the cable per connection or is it the total amount it can transfer at any given time?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Pretty sure it's per-connection.

Also, i've had a few issues with cross-mod compatability and Mekanism since v8 came out. Maybe it's been fixed now but I remember particularly them not being recognised by like an ender quarry

Reactions: Ashendale

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Here's a question..

Why won't a Peaceful Table recognize TiCo weapons?

Try playing Infinity expert mode (or any other pack that makes basic MC tools have a durability of 1 makes this a major PITA)

Is there a mod/config I can use to make it happen?

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

S

SteelxCityxPro

Looking for help.. Have been playing the infinity evolved pack and have progressed decently far I just used mystcraft the mod where u use books as portals and made one to the nether and the end. Well after I made the one to the end and traveled through with no issues a couple times this last time it went to the brown screen downloading textures or whatever and the game crashed. Now every time I try to reload my game it brings it back to that screen and the game fails did I just loose my world or is this a known and fixable bug?

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for help.. Have been playing the infinity evolved pack and have progressed decently far I just used mystcraft the mod where u use books as portals and made one to the nether and the end. Well after I made the one to the end and traveled through with no issues a couple times this last time it went to the brown screen downloading textures or whatever and the game crashed. Now every time I try to reload my game it brings it back to that screen and the game fails did I just loose my world or is this a known and fixable bug?
Not sure about know or something, but try using MCEdit and moving your character to your base. There might have been an error with relocating you. If so, MCEdit will do the trick (also you have backups; check when they were last made and see what troubles you less: rolling back, or using MCEdit).

S

SteelxCityxPro

Ya I just recently purchased a PC so I'm kinda noobish when it comes to messing with files I'm not even sure what program your talking about or how I would even proceed to do that

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Ya I just recently purchased a PC so I'm kinda noobish when it comes to messing with files I'm not even sure what program your talking about or how I would even proceed to do that
MCEdit is a third party program that allows to edit saves, add materials, delete or move characters. Install it, read/watch a tutorial (what I suggested is a simple thing to do) and move your character to the Overworld or something. Then close the program and try to run the game.

If you want to try using a backup (which, by default, is made every 2 hours I think) go to your Infinity folder, into the backups folder and see which is most recent. If it's near the time when you started having the issue, just copy the files inside the RAR file into the saves folder. Copy the files in your save folder before this, in case you don't like the backup (could be too far back).

And now, a question. I'll ask here and see if I can avoid making another forum account: MFR+Magical Crops - how does it work? My planter derps and doesn't plant anything. Is this intended? Also, EnderIO conduits are not taking the seeds and throwing them into the Planter.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
You may need MFR-Magical Crops compatiblity(not sure if this is the name of the addon).
Why would you need to make another forum account?

Sent from Discord using Tapatalk 9001

S

SteelxCityxPro

Ok I'm gonna try and use the back up first because I can work through whatever changes it makes as long as I just don't lose everything. Now i went into backup file and found one I think might be ok and hit ctrl+c (didn't have a copy option) and when I went to ctrl+v it in the saved files it was saying 417 files to copy does that sound right? And if so all I do is reload the game after its done copying the files? Also do I delete the original saves files after copying the back ups?

P

Parascythe

Could someone please tell me the name of the mod which adds a green popup in the top right corner of the screen displaying the current biome?

Using Infinity Evolved.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
You may need MFR-Magical Crops compatiblity(not sure if this is the name of the addon).
Why would you need to make another forum account?

Sent from Discord using Tapatalk 9001
Because it's from an ATLauncher pack, and I remember playing Monster with Magical Crops compatibility on MFR. I solved the issue by using Agricraft. Much simpler. But thanks.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I'm gonna try and use the back up first because I can work through whatever changes it makes as long as I just don't lose everything. Now i went into backup file and found one I think might be ok and hit ctrl+c (didn't have a copy option) and when I went to ctrl+v it in the saved files it was saying 417 files to copy does that sound right? And if so all I do is reload the game after its done copying the files? Also do I delete the original saves files after copying the back ups?
You copy+pasta the files with the game turned off. And 417 sounds right. Like I said, don't just delete them. Copyu them to your desktop or something. Just in case.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if the FTB Unstable 1.8.9 pack is still being maintained - there has not been an update for 5 weeks and it is missing things like the dividing sigil? that created cursed earth

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if the FTB Unstable 1.8.9 pack is still being maintained - there has not been an update for 5 weeks and it is missing things like the dividing sigil? that created cursed earth
They've dropped 1.8.9 and are waiting for more 1.9 mods as well as a stable Forge version to start 1.9 Unstable.

Reactions: Ocker