Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you have enough water flowing into them. That seems to be the only way to make the output dip that I've seen. They do chew through water pretty quick, so XU Liquid Transfer Nodes or top tier Thermal Dynamics liquiducts are your best bet for continuous throughput.
Hrm. They're taking water from the turbine via super-laminar fluiducts, fed from the turbine return itself. The water tanks on the boilers are full, too.

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with my mob farm where for some reason if I exit and come back when the difficulty is not peaceful, the mobs will end up outside of the farm and I'll be dead right away. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I'm having a problem with my mob farm where for some reason if I exit and come back when the difficulty is not peaceful, the mobs will end up outside of the farm and I'll be dead right away. Anyone know of a way to fix this?
we probably need more information on what kind of farm
lets assume its a spawner esque farm the mobs escaping could be a result of the spawning radius of said spawner being larger then the room u have it in to the pt the spawn zone extends to outside the room .

L

L3thal1ty

I am trying to set up an automated mana system using the time honored favorite system of a pressure plate and open crate contraption.... however, I am having an issue with my redstone connecting to my endoflames which if memory serves, will prevent them from operating. So, 2 questions...
1: will a redstone signal turn off the plants?
2: I have seen others with redstone not connected to the endo flames... how did they do it?

this is what I am seeing...
http://i.imgur.com/XoOJiHs.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm. They're taking water from the turbine via super-laminar fluiducts, fed from the turbine return itself. The water tanks on the boilers are full, too.
Hmm.

Does anyone know if MFR Steam Boilers produce steam when the temperature is above 100 degrees, but the work (green) bar is empty?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I am trying to set up an automated mana system using the time honored favorite system of a pressure plate and open crate contraption.... however, I am having an issue with my redstone connecting to my endoflames which if memory serves, will prevent them from operating. So, 2 questions...
1: will a redstone signal turn off the plants?
2: I have seen others with redstone not connected to the endo flames... how did they do it?

this is what I am seeing...
http://i.imgur.com/XoOJiHs.png

Any help would be appreciated.
As a rule of thumb, if it uses a redstone root, it responds to redstone. Endoflames don't have a redstone root, thus aren't affected by redstone.
(The one exception I know of here is the dandelifon)

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
we probably need more information on what kind of farm
lets assume its a spawner esque farm the mobs escaping could be a result of the spawning radius of said spawner being larger then the room u have it in to the pt the spawn zone extends to outside the room .
My mob grinder does not rely on a spawner. I basically have the type of farm where there's a dark room about 22 blocks up where the mobs spawn, and then they get carried to the middle shaft by flowing water where they fall down onto half slabs. There are little holes at their feet where you attack them from, but it's half a block tall so there's no way they should be able to get out on their own. Forgot to mention, this is on Infinity Evolved skyblock. I also noticed that the mobs can get out sometimes when I kill a compressed mob.

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I just recently actually managed to get down to the bottom of the world and check for nodes, and I found none. Looked all around with my thaumometer and there wasn't a node in sight. I'm not sure if that's due to the reduced visibility in the void, but as of posting this reply I have not found any.
Tested this on creative in a new world and it turns out that you were actually correct to begin with. It's just that the nodes are really, REALLY far apart. Like, so far apart that one is not within seeing distance of another.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
What was the screen thing that could show any images from a source URL of a certain small resolution? I saw it on FTB One a while ago, they were amused as hell by it. I want that now but I don't recall what it was.

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
My mob grinder does not rely on a spawner. I basically have the type of farm where there's a dark room about 22 blocks up where the mobs spawn, and then they get carried to the middle shaft by flowing water where they fall down onto half slabs. There are little holes at their feet where you attack them from, but it's half a block tall so there's no way they should be able to get out on their own. Forgot to mention, this is on Infinity Evolved skyblock. I also noticed that the mobs can get out sometimes when I kill a compressed mob.

Is it zombies getting out? If so it might be a vanilla thing. When zombies get hit/killed isn't there a chance for it to spawn "reinforcements"?

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
Is it zombies getting out? If so it might be a vanilla thing. When zombies get hit/killed isn't there a chance for it to spawn "reinforcements"?
No, it's literally any mob. And only when I login to a world that was not on peaceful previously and is still not on peaceful, or when killing compressed mobs (sometimes). Doesn't happen when killing regular mobs. I'm thinking the reason for them being out of the farm when I log out and back in is that there seems to be this weird thing going on where occasionally mobs just kind of noclip through the walls of the killing area and just float in one direction for a few seconds, and then they just floop back in. They don't actually attack or do anything during this (so it's not like they're actually past the walls) but weirdly enough I can still attack them in this state. I've never seen anything like it.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
What was the screen thing that could show any images from a source URL of a certain small resolution? I saw it on FTB One a while ago, they were amused as hell by it. I want that now but I don't recall what it was.
It was in Extra Utilities 2, and may or may not have been removed at some point. That's all I remember.

M

Metothic

Hello.
I have FTBInfinity in my computer but it was not installed through the launcher, is there any way to add the instaled modpack to the launcher?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
anyone know the power draw of thermal centrifuge to keep it heated up?
small i think induction furnace ish maintain rate so 1or 2 eu/t ,the more costly power times are if its preforming a recipe or is heating up(unsure about heating up)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is there a way to get villagers in Infinity Evolved Skyblock?
probably need to cure a zombie villger mfr adds a way to cure them so u dont have to use the vannila method , the mfr method needs one of its syringes think its a de-zombfication syringe