Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
How do I hook this up?

http://imgur.com/3Y4cY8Y

I don't want excess cobble to fly out of the recycler if its full, but the best way I could think of doing that was a transport pipe loop. Is there a better way with RP2?

Yes there is. Just use a filter to pull cobble out of the bottom of the barrel and send to your recycle.

RP will not send something down the tube if it has no where to go so nothing will fly out of it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Yes there is. Just use a filter to pull cobble out of the bottom of the barrel and send to your recycle.

RP will not send something down the tube if it has no where to go so nothing will fly out of it.

A hopper, an iron gate and an iron autarchic gate can also do it. And a golem can do it better than all proposed solutions. :)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
A hopper, an iron gate and an iron autarchic gate can also do it. And a golem can do it better than all proposed solutions. :)

yes one single golem can do it. They can interact with barrels and be set to keep the recycle full.

The only issue is figuring out where to click/attach the golem to make it work but that just takes a little testing.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
yes one single golem can do it. They can interact with barrels and be set to keep the recycle full.

The only issue is figuring out where to click/attach the golem to make it work but that just takes a little testing.

Yeah, the decision on which type to use and which side needs marked blocks depends on the targets. Barrels really seem to want marker blocks.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the decision on which type to use and which side needs marked blocks depends on the targets. Barrels really seem to want marker blocks.

oh so wrong. I have not had issue with barrels and markers. I just put them behind them. The key is remembering how the access the barrel. Golems putting stuff in need to be able to get on top of the barrel and in the case of wood be attached by clicking on top. Golems pulling things out of barrels need to have access to the underside and be attached to the bottom in the case of ... um stone? (sorry have not played in days.)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
oh so wrong. I have not had issue with barrels and markers. I just put them behind them. The key is remembering how the access the barrel. Golems putting stuff in need to be able to get on top of the barrel and in the case of wood be attached by clicking on top. Golems pulling things out of barrels need to have access to the underside and be attached to the bottom in the case of ... um stone? (sorry have not played in days.)

I've had better results pulling from barrels when I put the marker block below the barrel. Then they don't have access to the bottom but they do the right thing. I think Direwolf20 had the same conclusion. I had problems giving them access w/out; lil' dude's pathfinding sometimes glitched and he'd take 2x as long to find his way. It's just more reliable, I think.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I've had better results pulling from barrels when I put the marker block below the barrel. Then they don't have access to the bottom but they do the right thing. I think Direwolf20 had the same conclusion. I had problems giving them access w/out; lil' dude's pathfinding sometimes glitched and he'd take 2x as long to find his way. It's just more reliable, I think.

Yeah... good thing they only need a 1x1 space. So I just make all my barrel needed by golems to have a walk way behind them with a block behind that they can jump up on ever few barrels.

But yes even then they sometimes just do really weird pathing.

Kuramdo

Jul 29, 2019
What the heck is this wood. Also, I am not using a texture pack.
2z6ghth.png

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
What the heck is this wood. Also, I am not using a texture pack.

That appears to be "oak wood", based upon what the description says, and what villagers want in trade for those little guys. You can also enable item IDs in the NEI settings to get the exact item ID, and then look that up through NEI if need be.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I gave em normal Oak Logs, it works perfectly fine, and I now have 30 apiaries sitting in a chest.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I can't say it for sure, but the Bee Villager should take any Wood of 1 Sort.

I thought he only took oak logs? Or, at least, only vanilla logs. I may be remembering data from a few updates ago, so this may very well have been resolved.

I gave em normal Oak Logs, it works perfectly fine, and I now have 30 apiaries sitting in a chest.

Excellent. Watch out for fluxbeasts!

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
*wishes he knew what a fluxbeast was*
*wonders if it's part of thaumcraft*
*wonders if it's some kind of nerf*

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
*wishes he knew what a fluxbeast was*
*wonders if it's part of thaumcraft*
*wonders if it's some kind of nerf*

Thaumcraft indeed. Wisps are fluxbeasts babies. If you let them grow up, well, they'll ██████ your ████ ██ ██████ by the ██████████, so be wary of ███████ ███████████ ███ and ██████.

which is better nano armor or diamond?

Nano protects at a steel level I believe, whereas diamond has durability that cannot be refilled, and costs a good deal of diamonds to make.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft indeed. Wisps are fluxbeasts babies. If you let them grow up, well, they'll ██████ your ████ ██ ██████ by the ██████████, so be wary of ███████ ███████████ ███ and ██████.

So, what if I █████████ the ███ and ███ ██████ ███? Through ████ logic, ██████████████████████████████, ██████, █████████ and ██████!

Though I'm not ██████ ██ ███ █████, as ███=███x█.███.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
So, what if I █████████ the ███ and ███ ██████ ███? Through ████ logic, ██████████████████████████████, ██████, █████████ and ██████!

Though I'm not ██████ ██ ███ █████, as ███=███x█.███.

Just make sure it isn't red, and you're good to ████!

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i am using long fall boots now, so just stick with them since they have no durability loss?