Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that'd at least help diagnose your problem would be to put a single dense cable between your sending P2P tunnel and the Controller, so you can see exactly how many channels are going through it. My guess is that either there's another P2P tunnel connected to that one on your Controller that you set up and are sending a bunch of channels through and forgot about; or the problem exists where your dense cables are branching off into smart cables, and one of them has too many channels trying to go through it.

Try sending your P2P tunnel through a dense cable before it connects to the controller, then see if that doesn't help you figure out what's going on.

Right now my system is pretty basic and i dont have many lines yet. The weird thing is i have a P2P on two different faces on the controller, one of the faces is for crafting the other is for my Thaumcraft area, both of those P2P are connected on one line but the TC side only is using one channel on this line.I didnt change any of the channel useage on the line but i connected the P2P for these MA/Interfaces to the thaumcraft P2P with the memory card. The main line is still carrying the same amount of channels(6 P2P's) but i just took one channel off one P2P and put it to another,i only have 8 channels period being used on my whole contoller and thats divided between 3 different sides so nothing should be full.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I am home now, and had to discover that the playerdata file could not be recovered by NBT Explorer... it wouldn't even open it in the first place =/

Guess I'm restoring everything by hand. Which is going to be a major pain in the ass, considering I cannot get my antique atlas back... much like vanilla maps, it will create a new one every time instead of recreating #0. That's a huge explored area with several dozen markers down the drain :(

EDIT: Nevermind - was able to copy the item from another player's saved playerdata :3

Last edited:

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have data on how fast the botania soujourner and planestrider sashes compare to horses?

From experience, I know the planestrider's easily gets faster than my unbred .28 speed horse (based on the fact that I can outpace the water-freezing effect of the snowflake pendant with the sash but not the horse). I'm just wondering what the rate increase is and what the basic speed boost of the sojourner's is to compare.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
My little brother is having problems with some of his mobs disappearing. They seem to be taking damage and dying if I am seeing stuff right. Some of the mobs that are left have taken damage. So far he has lost villagers and cows. They are within the same chunk in parts of their pens. I am using mostly magic mods and don't know if that could be the cause. By base is withing a chunk of his base.

We are playing on a Infinity 2.3.5 server. There are three people playing on the server. The other one doesn't really ever come near are bases though. So I don't think it is any of us doing it directly.

I was wondering what might be causing the mob loss.
pk8GHc4.png

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
My little brother is having problems with some of his mobs disappearing. They seem to be taking damage and dying if I am seeing stuff right. Some of the mobs that are left have taken damage. So far he has lost villagers and cows. They are within the same chunk in parts of their pens. I am using mostly magic mods and don't know if that could be the cause. By base is withing a chunk of his base.

We are playing on a Infinity 2.3.5 server. There are three people playing on the server. The other one doesn't really ever come near are bases though. So I don't think it is any of us doing it directly.

pk8GHc4.png

Given the size of the pen, I would assume the damage they are taking is due to suffocating while glitched into the solid walls. Fences help, as they are not solid blocks, thus reducing the risk of suffocation. If you use a larger pen, the animals won't bump into each other as much and force themselves into the solid walls. Villagers packed into a small pen like this will also glitch into the walls on occasion, taking damage accordingly.

It is also possible that some of the entities managed to glitch all the way to the other side of the wall, at which point, they are not penned in and MC allows them to despawn.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
@Inaeo just noticed in your sig a MFR lava fabricator loop, a tip for you with it. You don't need a fluid transposer, ender io fluid tanks support filling of buckets for free, didn't think to test pressurized tanks but the normal fluid tanks will fill one bucket in them per second. Just pump in buckets and pump out lava buckets, scale to as many fluid tanks as you need to keep up.

Reactions: Inaeo

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
@Inaeo just noticed in your sig a MFR lava fabricator loop, a tip for you with it. You don't need a fluid transposer, ender io fluid tanks support filling of buckets for free, didn't think to test pressurized tanks but the normal fluid tanks will fill one bucket in them per second. Just pump in buckets and pump out lava buckets, scale to as many fluid tanks as you need to keep up.

I've not done a thorough play of EnderIO since Monster (1.6.4). I've dabbled a bit, but not really delved into all the new content. I'll have to take a look at some point.

I'm not sure the Fluid Transposer is the bottleneck in the system, honestly. Sure you could cut out a bit of overhead without it. Even an Augment or two would help it along, I'm sure. But honestly, once I reached a net 80kRF/t without ever having to touch it again, I didn't have enough powersink to require further refinement. Especially since you can power enough EnderQuarry, Laser Drills, etc. to just build another setup.

Although, now that you've challenged my inner Engineer...

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Given the size of the pen, I would assume the damage they are taking is due to suffocating while glitched into the solid walls. Fences help, as they are not solid blocks, thus reducing the risk of suffocation. If you use a larger pen, the animals won't bump into each other as much and force themselves into the solid walls. Villagers packed into a small pen like this will also glitch into the walls on occasion, taking damage accordingly.

It is also possible that some of the entities managed to glitch all the way to the other side of the wall, at which point, they are not penned in and MC allows them to despawn.
Yeah, I was wondering about suffocation. Didn't remember the thing were they could be push into a solid block and killed. I thought vanilla had fixed that.

Thanks for the info. I have told my brother and he will implement a better setup based on it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

pk8GHc4.png

I have never seen wall glitching actually cause suffocating, but it does use up shitloads of resources for the server/client. But judging from the images as long as you dont keep more than 6-8 animals in each pen you should be fine.

Do these pens have a clear view of the sky(or blocks close to it)? If that is the case then you could be the victim of lightning strikes. It causes aoe damage that often kills the mobs close to it and damages those a bit further away. I have countless times lost animals to it before I bothered to build the proper roofs over the pens.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know the internal buffer size of the Immersive engineering Crusher? I set it up for auto ore processing. But its a bit slow and I´m worried it keep eating ores from the top but then not processing them.
But with the amounts of ores going in there I cant tell.

Edit: Turns out I overestimated my quarry and he can holdup without problems.
Also I did put a hopper between it and the supplier pipe so the input into the Crusher is controled by the maximum output of the vanilla hopper.

Last edited:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to pull items out of a carpenter with logistic pipes?

Edit: I think there is a problem with the Forestry Circuits boards. I did setup a crafting pipe on a chest to put in 1 Tin+6 Redstone for a Basic Circuit Board. Carpenter+itmeducts setup so that the final circuit board will apear in this chest but the pipes does not pick it up.
iirc this should work with other items right? The pipes does nto care how the item apears there as long as it gets what it expect.

Edit2: Definitly a problem with the circuit boards. I just tried this with some other items and it works.
Any idea how to autocraf them then?

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
About how long (on average) does it take to turn a hungry node into a tainted node for moving?

Partonetrain

Jul 29, 2019
There's supposedly sign-warps in FTB utilities. Is that true? If so, how do I make one? (I'm an OP, this is my own server)

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
My brother's multiblock railcraft structures keep resetting to incomplete. He isn't losing any items. He just can't access them. We can't figure out why.

This is on a infinity 2.3.5 server. Most the configs are default. I have desabled Squids through Ender IO, and changed journey map to use world IDs saved in the world folder.

We are have been having a lot of stability issues. They have been a lot worse over the last two days. I am wondering if my automated mana farm is the cause of a lot of it. We are getting lag and sometimes the server seems to be shutting down the server in such a way as the log just cuts off. I don't know if this can be the issue of the multiblocks or not.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The first troubleshooting tip that comes to mind with and multiblock structure is check for chunk boundaries. If at any given point half of the structure is loaded while the other half isn't, no good can come of it. Also, with RC Boilers in particular, not having your water supply in the same chunk can lead to craters. Use F9 to check your boundaries.

So far as the lag and crashes go, try using a mod like Opis to see if you can track down the areas that do the most damage. As @rhn had mentioned above, having mobs glitching into solid blocks is an absolute killer, as they try to path through solid objects each tick. Mob farms are pretty hard on things too, for similar AI pathing reasons. Any system that leaves items floating in your world (which some designs for Mana farms sometimes do) can be a likely cause as well.

Last but not least, spread out if possible. The more computaions per chunk your server has to deal with, the harder it is to keep up. Spreading out over a wider area is almost always easier on your system.

Good luck.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Where is the correct folder to add minetweaker scripts to FTB Infinity Normal mode? the /scripts folder causes NPE if I add anything to it (it's normally empty).

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
The first troubleshooting tip that comes to mind with and multiblock structure is check for chunk boundaries. If at any given point half of the structure is loaded while the other half isn't, no good can come of it. Also, with RC Boilers in particular, not having your water supply in the same chunk can lead to craters. Use F9 to check your boundaries.

So far as the lag and crashes go, try using a mod like Opis to see if you can track down the areas that do the most damage. As @rhn had mentioned above, having mobs glitching into solid blocks is an absolute killer, as they try to path through solid objects each tick. Mob farms are pretty hard on things too, for similar AI pathing reasons. Any system that leaves items floating in your world (which some designs for Mana farms sometimes do) can be a likely cause as well.

Last but not least, spread out if possible. The more computaions per chunk your server has to deal with, the harder it is to keep up. Spreading out over a wider area is almost always easier on your system.

Good luck.
It doesn't look like a chunk boundary issue. I will try including a image. In case it makes easier to see what the issue may be.
Also including a image of my mana farm. It gets plenty of items moving around every second. They just don't stay there for long. There are multiple hopperhocks set to pick them up. Including one for a trash can as a last destination. It is about seven chunks away from the railcraft multiblocks.
dVjXM6p.png

9Jyb78U.png

Last edited:

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason that all the Mekanism ore quintupling setups space the machines out with pipes? It seems to me that you can actually stack them side to side to make the setup much more compact.