Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
On Infinity Expert, which type of top tier jetpack is better? Is there any features not listed that make different type better than others?

There shouldn't be any difference between the jetpacks from SimplyJetpacks except the materials that are used to make them.
I don't know if the jetpacks from IC2X and it's addons can be considered top tier.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is the recipe shown in NEI not correct for Bedrockium Ingot (smelt one MOX Nuclear Fuel) in Infinity Evolved Expert Mode v2.2.2? I've tried the Redstone Furnace and Alloy Smelter recipes shown in NEI and neither machine will accept the MOX, let alone smelt it into Bedrockium.

EDIT: Server-mate clued me in... you gotta use a vanilla Furnace to smelt the MOX. SOLVED!

N

nliv007

I am trying to get into gregtech and having trouble with the bronze alloy smelter. Is it impossible to run with one or two coal boilers? It seems to say that it doesn't have enough steam, but also doesn't seem to buffer steam until it had enough, just keeps trying with minimal steam. Am I missing something?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
The alloy smelter, on its own, requires 4 bronze tier coal boilers if I recall correctly. Unplug it to let the boilers build up steam, or just use a soft hammer to turn it off.

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Okay... Will someone please, with pictures show me how the hell to pump lava/water into my TiCo smeltery? I'm using a drain and casting chanels, but i can not get the lava or water to flow into my smeltery to make obsidian....

8AyyFC8.png

e98WbG6.png

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay... Will someone please, with pictures show me how the hell to pump lava/water into my TiCo smeltery? I'm using a drain and casting chanels, but i can not get the lava or water to flow into my smeltery to make obsidian....
hJILRql.png

5TYBbwD.png
Smeltery Drain
Works both as input and output for fluids in the Smeltery

Round (circular) hole is output while the large square (rectangular) hole is input. The are on opposite side of the same block.
When placing the drain, it will always (most of the time) face you with the output (circular hole). That mean that on opposite side (inside the smeltery) is input. Go inside the smetery and put down the drain, so that the circular hole is inside the smeltery so that the large, rectangle hole is outside.
That will work as fluid input for smeltery.

Reactions: Cptqrk

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
hJILRql.png

5TYBbwD.png
Smeltery Drain

Round (circular) hole is output while the large square (rectangular) hole is input. The are on opposite side of the same block.
When placing the drain, it will always (most of the time) face you with the output (circular hole). That mean that on opposite side (inside the smeltery) is input. Go inside the smetery and put down the drain, so that the circular hole is inside the smeltery so that the large, rectangle hole is outside.
That will work as fluid input for smeltery.

Thank you!

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Are the wisp spawner structures (Thaumcraft) disabled in Expert Mode of Infinity? I've walked at least 20k blocks through both vanilla and BoP biomes and I've found a bunch of the strcutures with the robe guys but not a single wisp spawner.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The wisp spawners aren't from that particualr structure. Look for ones with obsidian tiles under a chest and 6ish totems around them.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
The wisp spawners aren't from that particualr structure. Look for ones with obsidian tiles under a chest and 6ish totems around them.
Yes, I know but I haven't found a single one of these structures yet, only the other ones with the hovering pillar and the robe guys around it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Are the wisp spawner structures (Thaumcraft) disabled in Expert Mode of Infinity? I've walked at least 20k blocks through both vanilla and BoP biomes and I've found a bunch of the strcutures with the robe guys but not a single wisp spawner.
I have no experience with Infinity, but AFAIK the obsidian totem circles with the chest and wisp spawners are just really rare now. Only found two of them in my TPPI2 world.

You might have better luck finding those Obsidian spires with the spawners in the lava pools of Nether(not sure which mod adds those).

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
hJILRql.png

5TYBbwD.png
Smeltery Drain

*snip*.

Sorry to ask again, but do you have to use those pipes? I thought you could do it with a casting channel... Doesn't seem to work.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I have no experience with Infinity, but AFAIK the obsidian totem circles with the chest and wisp spawners are just really rare now. Only found two of them in my TPPI2 world.

You might have better luck finding those Obsidian spires with the spawners in the lava pools of Nether(not sure which mod adds those).
Weird, do you know if it's possible to increase the spawn rate?
Hm, haven't found any of those yet, I don't think Infinity has that mod. Is it in TPPI2?

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
The totems with the wisp spawners are typically found at higher elevations. Look in extreme hills biomes or similar biomes and you should find them more frequently.
Thanks, I'll check out the Extreme Hills biomes I found. Do you know if they can spawn in BoP biomes, too?