Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
lol whut? 1x Timer, 1xState Cell, 1x NOT gate and some wire will lag out your computer? If so then don't even bother trying to set up botania systems lol.

I'm running a 9x9 tree farm, sawmill set-up, a 128x128 quarry using QuarryPlus...and 37 9x9 Agricraft farms. Not to mention all the various machines I have powered down. Oh, and 1 64x64 unpoweted quarry.

Now, I'd like to know something else. I found a hungry node in a void world that has 2 prime aspects and the hunger and greed aspect. I know how to feed it to get the prime, but how do I get the others like greed and such?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Now, I'd like to know something else. I found a hungry node in a void world that has 2 prime aspects and the hunger and greed aspect. I know how to feed it to get the prime, but how do I get the others like greed and such?
u don't they will convert what ever ithems/blocks they eat into primals (ignoring the possibilty of finding other nodes with hunger and greed )

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If I convert the Hungry Node into a Tainted Node, is it possible to later remove the taint?
When you energize a node (any node), its environmental effects will cease as soon as the energization is complete. So, the usual path is to feed the hungry node crafting tables (which are cheap and give all six primals (you will neither get nor need compound aspects)) until it's big enough; taint it so it won't eat your stabilizer and transducer; energize it; when it's done, clean up any taint it spawned with ethereal blooms.

If you de-energize the node (by turning off the transducer), it will probably turn back into a tainted node. But there's really no reason to do that unless you want to move it somewhere else.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If you de-energize the node (by turning off the transducer), it will probably turn back into a tainted node. But there's really no reason to do that unless you want to move it somewhere else.

And you really don't want to de-energize a node if you can avoid it. The node will start out empty and runs all the normal risks of being empty.

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the simplest way to disable creeper block destruction for the evolved modpack :(

You can set it in config file for CodeChickenCore (mod required for NotEnoughItems)
Description in CodeChickenCore said:
If set to true, creepers will not destroy landscape. (A version of mobGriefing setting just for creepers)
Go to config folder and open CodeChickenCore.cfg, find this line:
environmentallyFriendlyCreepers=false
replace false with true

Or set it ingame via command
Description in wiki said:
Whether creepers, zombies, endermen, ghasts, withers, ender dragons, rabbits, sheep, and villagers should be able to change blocks and whether villagers, zombies, skeletons, and zombie pigmen can pick up items
Open up chat and write
/gamerule mobGriefing false
confirm / press enter

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I think I was able to build a Thermalily System that uses one Flood Gate and 8 Thermalilies with only a 2 block lava waste and minimal time spent. Still doing testing.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to use Ender IO Item Conduit with an Advanced Item Filter to combine damaged armor pieces in a Cyclic Assembler. I want all damaged armor to go into the Cyclic where it is combined with another piece of damaged armor repeatedly (by looping the Item Conduit from machine output back to machine input) until it becomes an undamaged piece of armor. At that point, I don't want the armor going back into the machine, I want it to continue onward in the Item Conduit to my main inventory, which is where the Advanced Filter can help me. But I can't get it working properly.

I set the whitelisted Item Filter to ignore Metadata, and also ignore NBT data. But I activated the button that says "Fuzzy match for any damage", and that button shows "99%" which means armor at 1-99% damaged will go into the machine but armor at 100% (i.e. undamaged) will not go in. Is that correct? However, the undamaged armor IS going back into my Cyclic Assembler which I don't want it to do. Why is the Item Filter not working? Do I need to allow NBT data to work with the Fuzzy setting, instead of setting the Item Filter to ignore NBT data? I tried that, and it didn't seem to work so I'm stumped.

Is armor damage stored as Metadata or NBT data? I can't even remember which it is, and a bit of internet searching didn't clear it up for me. I've tried all combinations of Metadata/NBT/Fuzzy settings on and off without success. I'm beginning to think the Ender IO Item Filter is broken, even tho I know I'm a dumbbell and there's a high chance of the problem being me.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I believe damage is stored in metadata, at least with vanilla stuff.

Okay, been experimenting. Armor damage is indeed Metadata. Armor enchantments are contained in NBT data.

But my problem remains. The Ender IO Advanced Item Filter setting for "Fuzzy" seems to be broken and not working. No matter what I do, the filter still allows armor that has NO damage even tho I've enabled the button for "Fuzzy match for any damage". That setting should allow any damaged armor to pass thru, but it should block any armor that ISN'T damaged. But it allows the undamaged armor to pass, no matter whether I have "Ignore Metadata" on or off, "Ignore NBT" on or off, or any combination. NBT doesn't matter to me anyways since I've def confirmed that will only filter the enchanted armor from the unenchanted, which I don't care about. It's some kind of problem with the Metadata damage values and that Fuzzy setting. Perhaps I misunderstand what the setting does, which is why I'm posting here.

Edit: I think I might have just figured out an awkward fix - first, use a filter to pull just the armor pieces out of my Storage Drawers into a holding chest... then use another filter to blacklist any fully undamaged armor, which should only allow the damaged armor to enter the Cyclic Assemblers. Now I gotta go try it.

Yep, that works perfectly, with no need for the Fuzzy setting at all. Problem solved.

Last edited:

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is there anything I can use to measure the level of a Mana pool? Both empty and full.

Can't be a comparitor as that only measures if there's anything inside it.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Sorry. Edited my post when you were posting. Can't be that as it measures when there's mana in it and not total volume.

Playing Infinity Evolved.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Sorry. Edited my post when you were posting. Can't be that as it measures when there's mana in it and not total volume.

Playing Infinity Evolved.
incorrect vanilla compartors emit a redstone signal str in proportion the % of the mana pool is full (it makes for a lovely auto shutdown trigger ) a 100% pool emits max sigil str where as a half full pool will emit a signal at half of max str (8?) esctra

comparatoprs can also be rigged to emit a certain signal str just need to use them in " subtract mode " wether u can do this all in 1 mod block idk

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
I need something that picks xp off of the ground with a greater range than a vacuum hopper, what can I use?
Sewer from MineFactory Reloaded, normally it only 1x1 but you can use upgrades to increase its range. Emerald upgrade gives you 11x11.
However:
- passive mobs in its radius create sewage
- xp collected by sewer is turned into mob essence