Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Anyone know a mod that can altar the chestloot for chests in twilight forest? Chest loot mod doesn't seem to include them in the list. Or any of the other modded chest drops. Is there a way to modify these or are they locked out due to mods?
Minecraft doesn't have a real loot table. Recurrent complex might be able to though.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I have a problem. I had to fix a problem with my AE2 system and the crafting terminals are working, but 2 are not lit. They ate grey colored but when I right click them, I'm able to access the system.

What is causing the panels not to be lit?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a mod that can altar the chestloot for chests in twilight forest? Chest loot mod doesn't seem to include them in the list. Or any of the other modded chest drops. Is there a way to modify these or are they locked out due to mods?
Loot++ or SquidUtils should do it.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Was able to solve it. I don't know why the problem is only with dense and smart cables. It works perfectly with fluix cables.

Reactions: Ashendale

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
Loot++ or SquidUtils should do it.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
Loot++ doesn't do it, I just checked. When I looked through the configuration, none of the twilight chests showed up in terms of their droprates. Also, how do I strip down the overworld to only generate one biome? I have cofhcore and extrabiomesxl, I've disabled all biomes except one in that mod but it's generating the vanilla ones.

Zalagor

Jul 29, 2019
I hope that this will be a question with a simple answer :D.

Concerning FtB Monster 1.6.4.

Harvester/Planter (Minefactory Reloaded mod) combo does not seem to yield secondary item drops when harvesting Essence Crops (Magical Crops mod). I do get the essence dust and seeds (Extra seed drop enabled in magicalcrops.cfg) but the automatic setup has failed to produce Nature Essence for example, something which does happen when breaking the plants by hand. Any ideas?

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012

Harvester/Planter (Minefactory Reloaded mod) combo does not seem to yield secondary item drops when harvesting Essence Crops (Magical Crops mod). I do get the essence dust and seeds (Extra seed drop enabled in magicalcrops.cfg) but the automatic setup has failed to produce Nature Essence for example, something which does happen when breaking the plants by hand. Any ideas?

Just set up a farm for Minicio essence and use Argicraft to get more from the harvest quicker. Try to get all your seeds to Level 10 on Growth, Strength and Yield. Don't you the planter, you have to plant them by hand and once you get everything to 10, it's basically set and forget.

And you won't have to worry about getting damaged when walking over them.

Last edited:

Zalagor

Jul 29, 2019
Just set up a farm for Minicio essence and use Argicraft to get more from the harvest quicker. Try to get all your seeds to Level 10 on Growth, Strength and Yield. Don't you the planter, you have to plant them by hand and once you get everything to 10, it's basically set and forget.

As stated in my previous post then it concerns FtB Monster and version 1.6.4 so im not using Agricraft. Also, if possible then I would like to continue using MineFactory Reloaded Harvester/Planter combo which provide great easy automation. The question, however, is that has somone else also experienced the issue of not getting secondary item drops due to using Harvester and how is it fixable.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
As stated in my previous post then it concerns FtB Monster and version 1.6.4 so im not using Agricraft. Also, if possible then I would like to continue using MineFactory Reloaded Harvester/Planter combo which provide great easy automation. The question, however, is that has somone else also experienced the issue of not getting secondary item drops due to using Harvester and how is it fixable.

It won't give secondary drops. You could try and get rid of the Harvester to be replaced with multiple block breakers. Don't know if that will get you secondary drops, but it does break the plant which is the only way to get them.

Zalagor

Jul 29, 2019
It won't give secondary drops. You could try and get rid of the Harvester to be replaced with multiple block breakers. Don't know if that will get you secondary drops, but it does break the plant which is the only way to get them.

Darnit, that's sad to hear. Since it's a known issue is there possibly a fix to the matter offered somewhere?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

The secondary drop is disabled in Monster for balance purposes. I think the modpack creaters judged that you could easily get mats to create more seeds with all the other means at your disposal(like automated mining etc.).

Zalagor

Jul 29, 2019
The secondary drop is disabled in Monster for balance purposes. I think the modpack creaters judged that you could easily get mats to create more seeds with all the other means at your disposal(like automated mining etc.).

Either I expressed myself a tad difficultly (Not a native speaker, sorry) or you misunderstood. By the secondary drop I mean the byproduct gained from Magical Crops. In Essence Crops case the byproduct is Nature Essence. The secondary SEED drop is disabled by default in Monster though. If you refer back to my first post then I've already mentioned I have enabled it from the mods configuration.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Either I expressed myself a tad difficultly (Not a native speaker, sorry) or you misunderstood. By the secondary drop I mean the byproduct gained from Magical Crops. In Essence Crops case the byproduct is Nature Essence. The secondary SEED drop is disabled by default in Monster though. If you refer back to my first post then I've already mentioned I have enabled it from the mods configuration.
Early "morning" migraine derp. Disregard :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Background:
I have a bit of a problem here. I am playing with TPPI2 and want to start using microblocks. And I have two choices at that: Immibis and Forge microblocks. Immibis microblocks are undoubtedly the better mod and all, but their features and usability sucks big time... So I want to use the Forge microblocks. However at present there is practically no blocks registered in the Forge configs.

Now I could start adding blocks as I find them ingame and want to use them. BUT I do have a (I think) complete list of blocks thanks to Immibis microblocks config file.

Question:
Do anyone know of an easy way of converting the these IDs(Immibis config):
cuttableBlock: BiomesOPlenty:ashStone:0
cuttableBlock: Forestry:log3:0
cuttableBlock: Forestry:log3:1
cuttableBlock: Forestry:log3:2
cuttableBlock: Forestry:log3:3
cuttableBlock: appliedenergistics2:tile.BlockCraftingUnit:0
cuttableBlock: appliedenergistics2:tile.BlockCraftingUnit:1

to this format(Forge config):
"Ztones:stoneTile"
"Ztones:auroraBlock"
"Ztones:tile.agonBlock":0-15
"Ztones:tile.bittBlock":0-15
"Ztones:tile.crayBlock":0-15
"Ztones:tile.fortBlock":0-15
"Ztones:tile.iszmBlock":0-15
"Ztones:tile.jeltBlock":0-15

Without some kind of automated method I think I would be setting "s for for days :p

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
easy way of converting the these IDs(Immibis config) to this format(Forge config):
seems to be a simple find and replace for the first part of the change .so set find to {cuttableBlock:} then for the replace u put in {"} of course without the brackets the only 2 problems with this would be the end quotation marks would not be automatically put in at the end nor would the metadata for the block if it had any relevant one like ztones blocks id guess

now my question to you
I have two choices at that: Immibis and Forge microblocks. Immibis microblocks are undoubtedly the better mod and all, but their features and usability sucks big time
if u say Immibis microblocks is the better mod but then say the features and usability suck ,how is it the better mod then by comparison ? (aren't features alone very important with usability being quite important too ?)

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
seems to be a simple find and replace for the first part of the change find {cuttableBlock:} then for the replace u put in {"} of course without the brackets the only 2 problems with this would be the end quotation marks would not be automatically put in at the end nor would the metadata for the block if it had any relevant one like ztones blocks id guess
Arrived at the same conclusing. Playing around with Nodepad++ atm to figure out how to insert the last " the correct place :)

EDIT:
\:([^:]*)\:
replace with:
:\1":
did the trick :p

if u say Immibis microblocks is the better mod but then say the features and usability suck ,how is it the better mod then by comparison ? (aren't features alone very important with usability being quite important too ?)
I am not well versed in the inner workings of the mods, but the web is full of people who are that explains how Forge microblocks is a bit of a mess in terms of lag, resource usage etc. Think it is the reason why so many mods abandoned it(Like TE etc.). Apparently Immibis uses a better method of doing whatever it does. But again, I don't know enough about things to figure out if this is true or not :p

I have personally used hundreds of thousands(or more) of Forge microblocks in the same world and never seen any issues. So, yeah... Rather have the better features and usability than a technically better mod that I would never use.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
playing infinity evolved (expert) it's quite important to get IC2 plutonium, but currently the only real way I know of getting this is by creating fuel rods and deplete them and pop the depleted rods in a thermal centrifuge
but this isn't exactly very fast in producing plutonium, so I was wondering if anyone knows a bettter and faster method of producing plutonium

I already tried and it is possible to use uu matter to produce plutonium, but as you'd expect it's not exactly fast and cheap.
I could also try and craft/deplete quad fuel cells, but I don't really know a good reactor design for this.