Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
How do you get the aspects from mob? I'm playing Infinity Evolved.
how do u get aspects from mobs to fill a wand ? to get VIS to fill your wand u need to have a wand in your hot bar while being pretty close to where mob died (the vis bits decay rather fast ) so this might be why slicing them with a sword feels more efficent for gathering vis this way (do i note i did this on previous version of infinity which is now what i presume to be the non-expert mode of infinity evolved ) differnt mobs drop differnt types of vis on there death

to extract essentia(for use in crucible crafting or infusion ) from mobs like getting ira from a creeper in normal thaumcraft u need to drown the mob in liquid death so little bits of crysralized essence form which ar then collected u might need quite a few of the mob in questions (there might be a crucible of souls from one of thaumcrafts addons that can do a similar thing )

why is this the first part relevant to the person before you there is 2 ways to get vis by slaughtering mobs (some mods mobs dont count for this i think)and filling a wand from nodes

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
The best mob to farm for vis imo are zombies, followed by skeletons. Both can provide all primal aspect orbs when killed. If you can find a zombie spawner (or a few) and farm them, they should get you a good source of early game vis. (i don't drain nodes at all with my iron capped wooden anymore since ingis was introduced into Cognito.) Skeletons are slightly more annoying to farm due to their bow and arrow, but still work. I think Zombie pigmen also share the same trait, but I can't rember for sure.
So no drops from AoA mobs?

Edit: I've tested and, yeah, apparently AoA mobs do not drop these. Which is annoying because most of the modpack is them...

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack request question:

Anyone know of a mod pack in 1.6.4 that has Traincraft in it, that is pretty fun to play, and doesn't have Gregtech (the only pack I could find with TC in it had GT)

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Modpack request question:

Anyone know of a mod pack in 1.6.4 that has Traincraft in it, that is pretty fun to play, and doesn't have Gregtech (the only pack I could find with TC in it had GT)
Make your own

But seriously, I believe traincraft is in the process of being updating to 1.7.10. If not just look around on the technic launcher.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
So no drops from AoA mobs?

Edit: I've tested and, yeah, apparently AoA mobs do not drop these. Which is annoying because most of the modpack is them...
The aspect orbs dropped are based on what aspects the living mob had. For instance a sheep is made of terra and bestia, so you can get Terra, Aqua, Aer and Ordo aspect orbs from killing a sheep.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
The aspect orbs dropped are based on what aspects the living mob had. For instance a sheep is made of terra and bestia, so you can get Terra, Aqua, Aer and Ordo aspect orbs from killing a sheep.
Yeah, I tested around with vanilla and Thaumcraft mobs. They all work. *sigh* It annoys me that I now have to set up a sheep farm just so I can charge my wand... Can't be helped, I suppose. Thanks for the help.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Sheep aren't the best, they only have 4 of the 6 aspects. Spiders are slightly better than sheep (who are equivalent to any other beast, except maybe pigs with forbidden magic), adding perdito to the pool. Zombies and Skellies both have humanous, which cna give all 6 primals on it's own, and if you have forbidden magic, creepers (due to ira, which contains humanous) also have all 6 primals. Without Forbidden Magic, They give ignis, terra and aqua. Blazes give ignis, ordo, perdito and aer. And those are the only ones I remeber off top of my head.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Sheep aren't the best, they only have 4 of the 6 aspects. Spiders are slightly better than sheep (who are equivalent to any other beast, except maybe pigs with forbidden magic), adding perdito to the pool. Zombies and Skellies both have humanous, which cna give all 6 primals on it's own, and if you have forbidden magic, creepers (due to ira, which contains humanous) also have all 6 primals. Without Forbidden Magic, They give ignis, terra and aqua. Blazes give ignis, ordo, perdito and aer. And those are the only ones I remeber off top of my head.
Yeah, a Skeleton or a Zombie give off better aspects than sheep, no doubt. But I can't think of a way without tech to set up a farm. Even with farm animals, with the available mobs, I can only think of breeding them a lot and mowing them down with a TiC scythe.

Anyone got any better ideas?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yeah, a Skeleton or a Zombie give off better aspects than sheep, no doubt. But I can't think of a way without tech to set up a farm. Even with farm animals, with the available mobs, I can only think of breeding them a lot and mowing them down with a TiC scythe.

Go the vanilla route, and track down a generated zombie dungeon? Do those even generate with AoA installed?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013

Old tech still works you know...

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, but you will get a zombie and skelly on occasion, wouldn't you? LOL

Also AoA mob drops? Are there any? I've never played Departed.
Yes, they have drops specific to AoA (rare loot and stuff). But, unfortunately, it cannot be used on full efficiency with AoA mobs because some of the drops only happen with a player kill. I supposed, then agian, that I can make the spawner a bit lower so as to not kill them from the fall and deliver the finishing blow.

Off to make a Scythe.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, they have drops specific to AoA (rare loot and stuff). But, unfortunately, it cannot be used on full efficiency with AoA mobs because some of the drops only happen with a player kill. I supposed, then agian, that I can make the spawner a bit lower so as to not kill them from the fall and deliver the finishing blow.

Off to make a Scythe.
I think diamond spikes simulate a player kill.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I think diamond spikes simulate a player kill.
:O Noes! My precious, precious diamonds...

Anyways, I'm considering going on a public or private server as I've come to understand that I can't draw the best experience from this playing solo. Or maybe I'm an idiot (I think it's the last one...).

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
I just removed Difficult Life from FTB Horizons: Daybreaker (because Minecraft is no fun when Zombies have as much health as Crimson Praetors) and now my health isn't regenerating anymore, even with full hunger. What gives?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm testing the prehestoric mob farm on a creative world in Departed. I think it won't work. So far I think all I got was a bat. I have it covered and it's night, but because of the retarded amount of mobs spawned around here from AoA nothing seems to spawn on my slaughterhouse tower...

Edit: more details ands pics.

It is 22 Blocks high, since I read somewhere it is the right number to leave them ready for a kill. I've tried waiting at various distances at night with rain. The pics that are made in the day are just to illustrate the distance.

The spawn area is covered, 2 blocks high inside as explained on the video posted earlier.

Here are them pics http://imgur.com/gallery/hEZII/new

Last edited: