Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to disable an enchantment for the enchantment table (Soulbound from AM2 because it's buggy and I still have Soulbound from EnderIO)?
Can I just set the ID to 0 in the config or is it possible to do that via Minetweaker?

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019
What is the preferred method for creating unbreakable tools that work in the farming station these days?
For future searchers: I made an unbreakable mattock that works in the Farming Station from Ender IO by using magical wood for all parts and adding a bunch of obsidian plates. Cheaper than the old way provided you have oodles of xp laying around, which I happened to have because the farming station is farming essence berries.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On Regrowth, Botania has passive wither enabled. I was avoiding cheating, so I though of a workaround: if I break the flower before it withers, does the counter reset?

Edit: also on Regrowth, do Rocky Hives spawn? what height?

Thanks

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Can Liquid XP from the Liquid XP Mod be converted into the Liquid XP used by Openblocks?
If you can convert the LXP mod's liquid XP back into XP orbs, you should be able to dump them into an OpenBlocks grate or vacuum hopper. You could also convert to MFR mob essence, by dumping the orbs onto an MFR sewer.

If you can't turn LXP back into XP orbs, though... I don't know.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Can't be converted directly. Have to use a Liquid Transposer and an Autonomous Activator to bottle it and throw them at the Vacuum Hopper.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a "java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 45, Size: 45" at random times while playing my custom modpack. There's nothing in the log to indicate what the issue could be. Typically this happens while switching dimensions, but it's also happened when opening a ProjectE bag, clicking dirt w/ a TC wand in the TF, looking at a growing HC apple; in other words, I can't see any connection between the times I'm getting this. Does anybody know what could be happening?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
On Regrowth, Botania has passive wither enabled. I was avoiding cheating, so I though of a workaround: if I break the flower before it withers, does the counter reset?

Thanks
I don't know if regrowth spawns rocky hives, but breaking flower replacing flower does not reset countdown to wither.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks
Nope, the flowers life is stored as metadata by the look of things. Make a new flower and you will find one that has been planted will not stack with the new one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I'm getting a "java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 45, Size: 45" at random times while playing my custom modpack. There's nothing in the log to indicate what the issue could be. Typically this happens while switching dimensions, but it's also happened when opening a ProjectE bag, clicking dirt w/ a TC wand in the TF, looking at a growing HC apple; in other words, I can't see any connection between the times I'm getting this. Does anybody know what could be happening?
Full log?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like maybe something with multi mc, but I'd rather someone with a better education in java look at it

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
O_O That... actually makes some sense. Thx, I'll see what I can do, unless anybody else here knows anything? :hopeful:

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm playing infinity and I can find a complete ender portal room (the things you put eyes of ender it) and I can't find any AE2 mediroids to get the inscriber plates

Is there a way to get to the end without it or spawn a portal some how?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
So I'm playing infinity and I can find a complete ender portal room (the things you put eyes of ender it) and I can't find any AE2 mediroids to get the inscriber plates

Is there a way to get to the end without it or spawn a portal some how?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're using eyes of ender to find the room I'm assuming...If you absolutely can't find a stronghold, either cheat one in or talk to a server admin.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
If you are on a multi-player server, how does Twilight Forest progression work? If one person clears a stage, does everyone get access to the next? Or will everyone have to kill/quest their way through?
If so, how do you get more bosses to spawn after they are gone? Wander further and hope for another?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If you are on a multi-player server, how does Twilight Forest progression work? If one person clears a stage, does everyone get access to the next? Or will everyone have to kill/quest their way through?
Progression is stored per-player, so they would each need to take on all of the bosses in order if they want to progress through the mod.

If so, how do you get more bosses to spawn after they are gone? Wander further and hope for another?
Pretty much. Or get the admin to reset the TF dimension every once in a while, thus respawning all the bosses and regenerating all the structures.

Alternatively, you could assign players to (or let them assign themselves to) separate regions of the Twilight Forest, each defined by its own Magic Map. When you prepare to open the server, set up an official portal at spawn and go ahead and create a bunch of Magic Maps that cover different areas. Put the maps (or, at least, the ones that contain at least one of each dungeon) in a chest at spawn, and instigate a rule where players who want to explore the TF must claim an area of the dimension by taking its respective map, and may not fight any bosses outside the boundaries of their map.

Resetting the dimension periodically is probably simpler and more foolproof. You might want to find a way to discourage people from quarrying the hollow hills repeatedly, though.