Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jazzadellic

Jul 29, 2019
There is an item in the Extra Utilities mod called "Advanced Item Filter" and I can't find any documentation anywhere on the web as to how to use it. According to FTB wiki and Technic wiki, the item doesn't even exist. Even on the mod creator's post over at minecraftforum.net it is not listed as part of the mod. Can anyone help? When you hold it in your hand right click it cycles through various programs like "item.exe" "block.exe" "pulverizer.exe". The in game NEI description says "...can be placed in normal filters to create advanced behaviors." However, I can't find any documentation as to what the programs do.

Rtd

Jul 29, 2019
Except Advanced Repulsion Systems, is there any MFFS-like mod currently working on 1.7.10? (I mean on latest packs?)

Thank you in advance!

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing infinity 1.10.1 and using storage drawers as I have always used JABBA and wanted a change but I cant find out why my drawer controller isn't working, does it need a certain power or a special way to connect drawers to it? I have extra utilities pipes to funnel junk into a wall of drawers and I have my controller smack in the center of it all. everything is touching side by side, what am I missing?

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I've just updated Infinity and my server to 1.10.1. However I'm experiencing a crash every time I attempt to join. In the error report, I believe it has something to do with Thaumcraft. Would anyone be so kind as to interpret the error and guide me on fixing it?

http://pastebin.com/MRL4nyW9

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I've just updated Infinity and my server to 1.10.1. However I'm experiencing a crash every time I attempt to join. In the error report, I believe it has something to do with Thaumcraft. Would anyone be so kind as to interpret the error and guide me on fixing it?

http://pastebin.com/MRL4nyW9

I'm not the most technical person but it seems you have an item spawned in the world that is crashing the new updated one, it seems to be a wand at location -1394,71,1086. How you will fix this I have no idea sorry :( will need someone elses help.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing infinity 1.10.1 and using storage drawers as I have always used JABBA and wanted a change but I cant find out why my drawer controller isn't working, does it need a certain power or a special way to connect drawers to it? I have extra utilities pipes to funnel junk into a wall of drawers and I have my controller smack in the center of it all. everything is touching side by side, what am I missing?
You shouldn't have to do anything special with the controller... Maybe you should post a screenshot of your setup in case the problem is something obvious to someone with more experience with the mod?

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
You shouldn't have to do anything special with the controller... Maybe you should post a screenshot of your setup in case the problem is something obvious to someone with more experience with the mod?

this is the front with the controller at the bottom.
hKdPlRP.png

this is the back where the pipes pump junk items into. (usually have panels but took off so you can see).
gPCECDm.png

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
this is the front with the controller at the bottom.
hKdPlRP.png

this is the back where the pipes pump junk items into. (usually have panels but took off so you can see).
gPCECDm.png
You just need to pipe into the controller and it should move the items into connected drawers. I've been watching Pahimar and Direwolf20's AgSkies playthrough and their drawer wall is set up that way.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
You just need to pipe into the controller and it should move the items into connected drawers. I've been watching Pahimar and Direwolf20's AgSkies playthrough and their drawer wall is set up that way.
the pipe is connected to the controller, can you send a link to the video and i can see if i am doing anything different?

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019

putting stuff into the controller works fine, but I read there is a one big interface for taking items out? how do I access that cause I have no idea

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not the most technical person but it seems you have an item spawned in the world that is crashing the new updated one, it seems to be a wand at location -1394,71,1086. How you will fix this I have no idea sorry :( will need someone elses help.

Ah thank you. Since this is the case, I maybe have a possible solution I'll have to try out.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Can someone explain me the huge difference between overall tps and the others tps value?

The overall TPS is for the entire server/save and is the sum of all of the TPS from the individual dimensions. The TPS for a single dimension can help you locate problems. But it is possible you can individual dimensions TPS that all look great but the overall is tanked and causing lag due to the amount of chunkloaded dimensions. This is why a lot of server owners ban items from mystcraft. My preference is to let players have a dimension if they want it. Makes it easier for me to point the finger when do something wrong.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The overall TPS is for the entire server/save and is the sum of all of the TPS from the individual dimensions. The TPS for a single dimension can help you locate problems. But it is possible you can individual dimensions TPS that all look great but the overall is tanked and causing lag due to the amount of chunkloaded dimensions. This is why a lot of server owners ban items from mystcraft. My preference is to let players have a dimension if they want it. Makes it easier for me to point the finger when do something wrong.
I think they were more asking about why overall tick time is 30x higher than all the other tick times? Although they might have other dimensions the overworld tends to dominate and I at least have no idea why the overall tick time is so much higher, or lower if you consider tick rate.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Friend of mine is running a server with Iguana Tweaks and the current (default) max level on tools is 6 (Master). Is it just a simple change in the configs with 'I:maxToolLevel=[number here]'? to increase the levels or does it require other changes as well?

Also can this be done after the server has already been running for several weeks? We wish to increase it not decrease it.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Friend of mine is running a server with Iguana Tweaks and the current (default) max level on tools is 6 (Master). Is it just a simple change in the configs with 'I:maxToolLevel=[number here]'? to increase the levels or does it require other changes as well?

Also can this be done after the server has already been running for several weeks? We wish to increase it not decrease it.
You can just do that but it won't actually give anything extra by default, you'd also have to add some of the extra level numbers to the random modifiers or extra modifier slot lists for the levels to actually do anything but change the name. It can be done after the server has been running for weeks too, just make sure to change your client configs as well or you won't be able to track xp as your tools will think they can't level up, it still works fine though as the actual level up stuff is server side.

Is there a way to export a Journeymap world map (not the save, but the fullscreen minimap) to a voxelmap one?
Or is there an option to auto-map a world with voxelmap?
Or maybe something to map a huge map without having to spend three days flying around?
I have no idea to the first two, for the third you can use journeymap as it has an automap feature in the options somewhere. It's the furthest button along the top bar to the right for me iirc but that would vary with things like gui size, obviously it only maps generated chunks so you may want one of the many mods that lets you pregen chunks if you haven't already. Journeymap also includes the ability to export to an image so you can use that if you want once it's done mapping.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
You can just do that but it won't actually give anything extra by default, you'd also have to add some of the extra level numbers to the random modifiers or extra modifier slot lists for the levels to actually do anything but change the name. It can be done after the server has been running for weeks too, just make sure to change your client configs as well or you won't be able to track xp as your tools will think they can't level up, it still works fine though as the actual level up stuff is server side.

So client side config wont update with serverside? does every1 have to update their config?

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
putting stuff into the controller works fine, but I read there is a one big interface for taking items out? how do I access that cause I have no idea
Sorry, there is no such interface. You need to rely on either Applied Energistics or EnderIO. They both have an interface that can be connected to the controller to interact with all contents.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So client side config wont update with serverside? does every1 have to update their config?
Well as mentioned they don't have to but it won't autoupdate yeah, and really for the client side the level is the only thing that needs to be changed. The levels at which you get bonuses shouldn't matter afaik, it's just you'll want the different level cap so it actually displays whether you can level up and your xp properly.