Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I went to make a bunch of cakes in Departed, mostly for botania crafting. So instead of making a bunch of buckets, I just used my one and made Pam's Harvestcraft Fresh Milks. Unfortunately, these don't seem to work as a replacement for milk buckets like in every other pack i've played with Pam's Harvestcraft. Here's the actual question: Is there a config or something for this or was it always a minetweaker thing the pack devs did?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I went to make a bunch of cakes in Departed, mostly for botania crafting. So instead of making a bunch of buckets, I just used my one and made Pam's Harvestcraft Fresh Milks. Unfortunately, these don't seem to work as a replacement for milk buckets like in every other pack i've played with Pam's Harvestcraft. Here's the actual question: Is there a config or something for this or was it always a minetweaker thing the pack devs did?
Probably an added recipe, I don't remember being able to use milk bottles.

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason that i shouldnt use the Thaumometer on every item I can get my hands on when I'm just starting Thaumcraft?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason that i shouldnt use the Thaumometer on every item I can get my hands on when I'm just starting Thaumcraft?
I think there is a limit as to how many research points you can have, so scanning too many items at once without spending the points is not good.
However you're probably not going to have so many different items that you actually reach the cap.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
There is a soft cap to the research points you can have for a certain aspect, past which you'll start getting reduced research points from scanning further items with that aspect (but only that aspect.) I think that there is a Hard cap past this Soft cap too.

EDIT: I should point out I've never actually hit the hard cap, but the soft cap is fairly easy to reach with the more common aspects (like Arbor or Metallum)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
There is a soft cap to the research points you can have for a certain aspect, past which you'll start getting reduced research points from scanning further items with that aspect (but only that aspect.) I think that there is a Hard cap past this Soft cap too.

EDIT: I should point out I've never actually hit the hard cap, but the soft cap is fairly easy to reach with the more common aspects (like Arbor or Metallum)
You can change the soft cap in the configs if you wanted to.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Heres a question about traveling around. DW20 1.4.1 for 1.7.10

I love working with bees, hand breeding in traits and making the perfect bee's has been something I've been doing sense forestrys humble start.

However the very start is where I am joining my roomates lan world. One of the main hurdles is finding biomes that the bees will use to breed, least until I collected enough drones and queens to start my normal hand trait breeding (first step, getting tropical to accept normal/normal biomes and not poison you). I wanted to set up some outposts in a few of said biomes to throw down a chunk loader for for the started mass drone production.

So what is a good way to go about traveling to said outposts?
I've set up my main base in a Normal/Normal biome close to as many other biome types as I could find, however a Warm/Damp, a.k.a jungle biome is pretty far off and I've yet to locate a cold biome. If I had set up base by the Jungle biome, then I'd be far off from the other biomes I need.

So really, what is an ideal methood for traveling to other locations? Talking about a days walk on foot + spanning a small sea just to get to the nearest tropical biome.
I know about the portal guns, I found one in a chest already, but thats to one location, and some times during server restarts the portals end up poofing.
Also no, we don't have cheats enabled, so no TPing.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast

Make linking books from Mystcraft. Make sure they are intra-linking by adding gold dust/powder to the ink before you pull the link panel out. Or if you don't want that hassle setup a link book hub in either the Nether or The End (or some other dimension).

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

I love working with bees, hand breeding in traits and making the perfect bee's has been something I've been doing sense forestrys humble start.

However the very start is where I am joining my roomates lan world. One of the main hurdles is finding biomes that the bees will use to breed, least until I collected enough drones and queens to start my normal hand trait breeding (first step, getting tropical to accept normal/normal biomes and not poison you). I wanted to set up some outposts in a few of said biomes to throw down a chunk loader for for the started mass drone production.

I've set up my main base in a Normal/Normal biome close to as many other biome types as I could find, however a Warm/Damp, a.k.a jungle biome is pretty far off and I've yet to locate a cold biome. If I had set up base by the Jungle biome, then I'd be far off from the other biomes I need.

So really, what is an ideal methood for traveling to other locations? Talking about a days walk on foot + spanning a small sea just to get to the nearest tropical biome.
I know about the portal guns, I found one in a chest already, but thats to one location, and some times during server restarts the portals end up poofing.
If gendustry is in the pack, I forget, you can use an industrial apiary, with biome upgrades, to simulate the right biome for bees

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something in the FTB Infinity pack that replace the Factorization router to transport items from many machines at once?

Having issues freeing enough sides from my machines and still making it look good.

wish i could push in power, outpot and input via one or possible two sides.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something in the FTB Infinity pack that replace the Factorization router to transport items from many machines at once?

Having issues freeing enough sides from my machines and still making it look good.

wish i could push in power, outpot and input via one or possible two sides.
Maybe use a transvector interface?
so have:
machine | interface | machine
Power and output stuff from the interface, and then you only need to import stuff to the machine... either that, or just use enderIO cables, as you can cram them all in one block

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Mystcraft Intralinking Linking books is the easiest way to set up teleporting probably.

But keep in mind that Tropical bees will work just fine in a Normal/Normal biome.
And ExtraBees have several machines/Alvery heater/fans to allow you to breed bees outside their preferred biomes and then change their tolerances.

Or you can go completely eeze mode and use Gendustry ofc.

Last edited:

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
The issue with that is again -just started- with bees again. Even just started the pack in general so resources are low.

Link books might work, I'll be setting up a nether outpost anyho for the hellish bees, but really hoped for a more direct path.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Extra utils pipes will only work for inputting items/energy, you won't be able to extract/input on the same pipe
You can, with Retirieval nodes ^^

Link books might work, I'll be setting up a nether outpost anyho for the hellish bees, but really hoped for a more direct path.
When you have crystals you can also make Mystcraft portals.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Bit of an odd question, is there a mod that adds in Vapers? I'm making a drug themed steampunk modded adventure map and I would love a Vaper, i made a small mod that adds it in but it's basic and a bit buggy with the particle effects.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Mystcraft Intralinking Linking books is the easiest way to set up teleporting probably.
Those allow you to have portals from one place in overworld to another place in overworld.