Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, I def used your repeater trick. My setup is identical to yours as far as I can tell. I just re-built it, and it happened again first time, extra soul sand is placed and the wither gets stuck and can't drop down. Third time the entire AA aparatus has blown up because the Wither got stuck up top. I'll go back to Block Placers based on the other suggestion in this thread. I saw you had used 7 AA's Scotty, even tho I see everybody else is using 4 BP's and 3 AA's for the skulls only. I was wondering why they did that, but now I think I've found out. AAAARRRGGGGHHH.
Time for another break, it's double XP weekend for Planetside 2, so... see ya tomorrow, I'm done with blowing things up today. In this game, anyways. :)

Set the lowest AA to aim high. Not sure but this should stop the wither getting blocked at the top.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
A drain on the basin with a seared window/tank under the drain. You can just pick out the tank once you're done and still keep all that metal in it. And all within TiCo, too.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for your answers guys!

@Lethosos, are you sure it's still possible (maybe only on an older vesion of the mod)? Or am I doing it wrong? Somone said something similar on TC Wikia, but it doesn't work for me.

The drain is on top of the basin, which I think is weird since the input hole doesn't touch the drain. But I also tried with the drain on the side of the basin, so that the drain input hole touches the basin.

Instead of the faucet I also tried a chanel. And instead of the seared window I also tried the casting table and the seared glass, not the seared tank though. Of course, I right clicked the faucet/chanel in case you was wondering. :)

Any more idea, before I resign and use other mods to do that ? I think that's really weird that you can't do such a simple stuff without using other mods.

6ZRNrZz.png

EDIT : OK I made it! You can only do it with a seared tank/window/glass/casting table or other basin underneath a faucet directly on the basin.

f0ENd1l.png

OK now, how do I put back the molten metal inside the smeltery controller, from the tank? :D

W7G08TL.png

Last edited:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Unless someone's been monkeying with the code for the Basin, it should work as I've done it before in the exact same way in the past.

Not in a position to test this right now, tho.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: guiguilyon

memangamma

Jul 29, 2019
You need to remove the molten metal and insert it into a drain. This can be achieved by using a faucet on the tank to an adjacent drain. Might need to connect the faucet to the drain with a channel.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Place a Seared Drain somewhere in the top layer of your smeltery, then place the Tank with the molten metal immediately above it and one block over in any direction.
For example, if you place the Drain where your tank is now, you could put the tank on top of the seared glass right next to the Drain.

Then, place a Seared Faucet on the side of the tank, such that it's over the Drain, and click the Faucet. This *should* pour the molten metal into the Drain, which will feed it right back into the smeltery's main tank.

Reactions: guiguilyon

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Right, i'll explain this as concisely as possible.

What i'm looking for is a semi-permeable membrane of sorts.

Basically my current base is an open area at bedrock, open to the sky albeit covered over with TiCo clear glass. The problem i'm having is i'm slowly getting a buildup of flux in a patch on the ceiling from my infusion altar.

Is there any block I can replace a section of glass with that'll allow flux to pass right through but block mobs from coming the other way?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

Basically my current base is an open area at bedrock, open to the sky albeit covered over with TiCo clear glass. The problem i'm having is i'm slowly getting a buildup of flux in a patch on the ceiling from my infusion altar.

Is there any block I can replace a section of glass with that'll allow flux to pass right through but block mobs from coming the other way?
Wouldn't a flux scrubber be a solution. To my knowledge the only thing that comes close to what you are looking for is inverted ethereal glass - it allows anything other than the player through. Another alternative would be extended drawbridges with glass in them, you could either manually open them or set up a daylight sensor/redstone setup that opens the space for a short time once a day.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so how can I make a formation plane pull from the me drive?

Changing priotiy just changes where an item goes when it goes in the network. I want the formation plane to constantly place an item if the block in front of it is empty

EDIT nevermind figured it out

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so how can I make a formation plane pull from the me drive?

Changing priotiy just changes where an item goes when it goes in the network. I want the formation plane to constantly place an item if the block in front of it is empty
I don't know of any item/card that will do this but I have a solution I think! - it is not pretty

From my testing new items put into the system will go to the formation plane so if you store the item in a barrel and use item duct or similar to move items from that barrel to another barrel with an import bus on it there will always be a new item coming into the system, so when the formation plane has a space to fill the item will go there rather than its normal course back to the storage barrel and of course if the storage barrel is empty due to no item in the system the first one to come into the system goes to the formation plane.

I'm sure there must be a better way to do it - but this should work

ThTs

Jul 29, 2019
Infinity 1.7: Built my first laser drill and one precharger. According to the inofficial wiki, it will use up to 4k RF/tick. My big reactor is outputting 4,3k RF/tick so I thought it should run at full power. However it really quickly began to stutter.
How many RF/tick will one precharger really take? I tried the multimeter from Thermal Expansion, but it only tells me how much RF is currently in that cables, and that information is pretty useless.

By the way - thanks for all the quick and amazing help I got here in this thread!

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019

Wouldn't a flux scrubber be a solution. To my knowledge the only thing that comes close to what you are looking for is inverted ethereal glass - it allows anything other than the player through. Another alternative would be extended drawbridges with glass in them, you could either manually open them or set up a daylight sensor/redstone setup that opens the space for a short time once a day.
Alternatively you could use the ethereal glass (blocks mobs) and put drawbridges beneath them, filled with the block of your choice, that you can extend to "overwrite" the flux blocks and delete. Won't spew them into the atmosphere unfortunately, but it will keep mobs out and eliminate flux.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Place a Seared Drain somewhere in the top layer of your smeltery, then place the Tank with the molten metal immediately above it and one block over in any direction.
For example, if you place the Drain where your tank is now, you could put the tank on top of the seared glass right next to the Drain.

Then, place a Seared Faucet on the side of the tank, such that it's over the Drain, and click the Faucet. This *should* pour the molten metal into the Drain, which will feed it right back into the smeltery's main tank.

Thanks for your answer!

But nope, it doesn't work, unless I'm doing it wrong. :)

AqYn4He.png

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know of any item/card that will do this but I have a solution I think! - it is not pretty

From my testing new items put into the system will go to the formation plane so if you store the item in a barrel and use item duct or similar to move items from that barrel to another barrel with an import bus on it there will always be a new item coming into the system, so when the formation plane has a space to fill the item will go there rather than its normal course back to the storage barrel and of course if the storage barrel is empty due to no item in the system the first one to come into the system goes to the formation plane.

I'm sure there must be a better way to do it - but this should work
I just put a chest in the system with an expert bus on one side set to the items I wanted to go to the planes. The other side I put an import bus. I set the formation plane priority to high as it were.

Bingo

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for your answer!

But nope, it doesn't work, unless I'm doing it wrong. :)

AqYn4He.png
Hard to tell at that angle, but it looks like the drain is in a corner, not a side. Blocks in the corners don't count as the multi block.
XOOOX
OXXXO
OXXXO
OXXXO
XOOOX

X is bad placement, o is good placement.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Returned to MC after a long break. Playing the DW 1.7.10 pack with a few extra mods.
Every now and then I get a time stamp in ingame chat. The time stamp is the same as my PC time, not ingame time. Anyone know what that's about ?

EDIT: Here's a screen.. http://i.imgur.com/xCy9ZeX.png 17.09 was the time on my PC

Last edited:

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for an automated way to clear thaumcraft taint goo. I used to use drawbridges to place/remove blocks over them, but it looks like that doesn't work anymore. The drawbridges won't place blocks on taint now.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
There is a Flux Scrubber in thaumcraft that when supplied with aer vis can clean up flux goo and gas nearby. It even makes a small amount of precanteo essentia if you choose to pipe it out of the Scrubber.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Infinity 1.7: Built my first laser drill and one precharger. According to the inofficial wiki, it will use up to 4k RF/tick. My big reactor is outputting 4,3k RF/tick so I thought it should run at full power. However it really quickly began to stutter.
How many RF/tick will one precharger really take? I tried the multimeter from Thermal Expansion, but it only tells me how much RF is currently in that cables, and that information is pretty useless.

By the way - thanks for all the quick and amazing help I got here in this thread!

I'm pretty sure each pre charger is 5k. So 20k per tick for all 4.

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone ! I'm just wonder if there is an item that will let you mine faster while flying or underwater ?

Playing on FTB Infinity.

Thank you =)