Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, disabling the mod still loads it, but it doesn't crash.

And the only way I know how to change the forge version is in the MC launcher.
Remembered that I didn't actually get a chance to load up the game yesterday like I thought I had after I downloaded a some mods so I dragged them out and was able to load up the game (with MFR in). \o/
Now I'm in the process of narrowing down the culprit...

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Try Decocraft. After I installed it the game derps and crashes.
It actually seems to be Applecore for me (the core mod for the hunger overhaul/hunger in peaceful mods). Which is super weird because 1. I disabled it in one of my tests (guess this shows the difference between disabling and removing) 2. It's actually not a new mod and I've been using it for a while now on this same version of forge and It hasn't updated recently either
...I don't even know anymore OTL

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
It actually seems to be Applecore for me (the core mod for the hunger overhaul/hunger in peaceful mods). Which is super weird because 1. I disabled it in one of my tests (guess this shows the difference between disabling and removing) 2. It's actually not a new mod and I've been using it for a while now on this same version of forge and It hasn't updated recently either
...I don't even know anymore OTL
Funny that, AppleCore. The sole purpose of having applecore is to have nice hud overlay for the saturation. Guess itll have to go then. :(

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Well there is no way of saving the power stored in the internal buffer of the pipes/conduits/whatever you used AFAIK. But generally what little power is stored in the pipes etc. is nothing compared to what you save over time between crafts.
Ok, so I can't touch the power inside the wooden/emerald pipe, fine. But, setting a gate on it, I cannot open/close it. As soon as it sees there is somewhere to send power, it just spits it out. Even if I use an open/closed setting on the gate.

Edit: can it be that I'm being an idiot and there may be a default config that controls if the machines have power loss or not?

Edit 2: If there were an award for biggest moron ever, I'd qualify... The solution was obvious, as I took notice when I was discussing it out loud: If I use a basic gate saying the pipe is open if there is work to be done, there is no condition saying that it should be closed otherwise... A simple AND gate with open if work and closed if not solves my problem.

Thank you to anyone that took some time and though about a solution for my problem.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Spawn Wither in a box of dark steel bars from ender IO, use Draconic Evolution Grinder to insta-kill.

The setup for auto Wither killing is in my Infinity playthrough in my sig if you care

Well it worked, I got Nether Stars, but I also got more headaches than it is worth. For some reason my Autonomous Activators likes to put an extra soul sand out every so often... which means the Wither is blocked from dropping down and explodes right where all my stuff is. I rebuilt the contraption a few times before just giving up. Who needs nether stars anyways, meh. I'm the wolf and those grapes are sour. LOL

The whole contraption also "ate" (disappeared) all my wither skulls. That was more maddening that the Withers blowing up all my crap. Never did figure out where they were going, but I tore it all down so who cares. Minecraft is starting to upset me instead of entertaining me. Time for a break from it I guess.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Unbelievable how I manage to get myself into another pickle as soon as I solve one...

Wooden kinesis pipes: can they not draw energy from Steam Dynamos?

Edit: for some reason, connecting the kinesis pipes to steam dynamos that have stored RF does not pump out until you kick start it by tossing something to burn.

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Unbelievable how I manage to get myself into another pickle as soon as I solve one...

Wooden kinesis pipes: can they not draw energy from Steam Dynamos?

Edit: for some reason, connecting the kinesis pipes to steam dynamos that have stored RF does not pump out until you kick start it by tossing something to burn.
I think that's default dynamo behaviour.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Well it worked, I got Nether Stars, but I also got more headaches than it is worth. For some reason my Autonomous Activators likes to put an extra soul sand out every so often... which means the Wither is blocked from dropping down and explodes right where all my stuff is. I rebuilt the contraption a few times before just giving up. Who needs nether stars anyways, meh. I'm the wolf and those grapes are sour. LOL

The whole contraption also "ate" (disappeared) all my wither skulls. That was more maddening that the Withers blowing up all my crap. Never did figure out where they were going, but I tore it all down so who cares. Minecraft is starting to upset me instead of entertaining me. Time for a break from it I guess.

Block placers work better than autonomous activators I think and if you have blood magic you can make a spawn-in room and use teleposers to move them to a kill room. Twice the wither proof blocks but the idea is that the wither moves before it fully energizes so the spawn gear is safe. You can then use the Draconic Grinder (which DW20 pack does not have) in the kill room and if you have botania you can use a hopperhock to collect the drops (I think it can work through walls and has a good range)

Or you could have a look at the automated spawner build DW20 did - 2 videos fully explaining how to do it - and again use the Droconic grinder.

https://www.youtube.com/user/direwolf20/videos - let's play Series 7 Episode 73 & 74

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. In Tinker's Construct, how do I empty a partially filled casting basin without using any other mod nor losing any metal?
I tried putting a faucet or a channel on top of a casting table (from the basin), but the metal doesn't flow from the basin when I right click on the faucet/channel.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hi. In Tinker's Construct, how do I empty a partially filled casting basin without using any other mod nor losing any metal?
I tried putting a faucet or a channel on top of a casting table (from the basin), but the metal doesn't flow from the basin when I right click on the faucet/channel.

Try with a fluiduct or similar liquid pipe/conduit.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

Without any other mods? I dont think its possible. Either do what rhn suggested or just be more careful from now on.

Reactions: Padfoote

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

As others have noted, the easiest way to do it would be with another mod's pipes to feed the molten metal back into the drain; however, the vanilla TiCo way would be to melt down enough of that metal (alumite?) to fill the basin, pour it in, let it cool, and pop out the block.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019

I also had this issue, had to play with the aim level on the AA's.

Don't think I explained in the post but did you set the delay right, cos the one AA places a skull a few ticks after the rest and they don't place constantly only on high signal every 10sec from the timer. I never had the vanishing skulls issue with this.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Block placers work better than autonomous activators I think and if you have blood magic you can make a spawn-in room and use teleposers to move them to a kill room. Twice the wither proof blocks but the idea is that the wither moves before it fully energizes so the spawn gear is safe. You can then use the Draconic Grinder (which DW20 pack does not have) in the kill room and if you have botania you can use a hopperhock to collect the drops (I think it can work through walls and has a good range)

Or you could have a look at the automated spawner build DW20 did - 2 videos fully explaining how to do it - and again use the Droconic grinder.

https://www.youtube.com/user/direwolf20/videos - let's play Series 7 Episode 73 & 74

There's no need for 2 rooms, Withers float down far enough before they detonate to get well out the way of the placing mechanism.
A transfer node with world interaction upgrades also works through walls and it's area of effect is easily adjusted so you don't have to worry about everything getting sucked up.
That DW20 build is horribly overcomplicated for no reason.

Oh and the draconic grinder is wither-blast proof.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I also had this issue, had to play with the aim level on the AA's.

Don't think I explained in the post but did you set the delay right, cos the one AA places a skull a few ticks after the rest and they don't place constantly only on high signal every 10sec from the timer. I never had the vanishing skulls issue with this.

Yep, I def used your repeater trick. My setup is identical to yours as far as I can tell. I just re-built it, and it happened again first time, extra soul sand is placed and the wither gets stuck and can't drop down. Third time the entire AA aparatus has blown up because the Wither got stuck up top. I'll go back to Block Placers based on the other suggestion in this thread. I saw you had used 7 AA's Scotty, even tho I see everybody else is using 4 BP's and 3 AA's for the skulls only. I was wondering why they did that, but now I think I've found out. AAAARRRGGGGHHH.
Time for another break, it's double XP weekend for Planetside 2, so... see ya tomorrow, I'm done with blowing things up today. In this game, anyways. :)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019

A drain on the basin with a seared window/tank under the drain. You can just pick out the tank once you're done and still keep all that metal in it. And all within TiCo, too.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
In Infinity, most methods of processing nether lapis ore produce some useless dust from ic2 instead of actual lapis.

Is there a config somewhere, or perhaps minetweaker ninja'ing, that fixes this?