Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way to get Nether Stars in Infinity modpack? I need 4 Nether Stars per Quantum Solar Panel, and I've never fought the Wither. Is there another way to get Nether Stars?

Everybody on my server has one. I feel like such the oddball with my massive rectangular boring blob of EnderIO Capacitors... I really gotta get with the Draconic program, all the cool people are doing it! LOL

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
No way unless you switch to peaceful for the recipe. At least that I know of.

That said, if you can trap a wither in wither resistant blocks with a small opening, a bow, Terra Blade, excalibur or other ranged weaponry can make short (and fairly safe) work of him.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
On FTB Infinity what's the crafting table that can be autofilled from your inventory to a recipe loaded on the table? Or if its just a standard table what key do I press? I see it all the time on youtube LPs but cant find it in NEI - I am sure have overlooked something simple. I know redpower used to have something?

I used something like this while playing BeyondReality modpack... isn't it Steve's Workshop? I see it is in Infinity modpack, but the item description says something weird - "Unnamed block, report to mod author, 2113". There's no name for the block, that's what it shows in NEI. Type "@Steve" into the NEI search box, and it should be on page 3 of 3 at the bottom, it's the gray looking crafting table block. And all those upgrades after it, about ten of em, those are used in the Steve's auto-crafting table to make it do whatever you need. It was a very cool thing, I used a bunch of em in BR modpack.

Better yet, just type "@Steve's Workshop" into NEI search and you'll see just those items I'm talking about. Not sure if they work or not, never saw an item description like that one! Maybe it's just messed up in my modpack, I play on somebody else's server.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
No way unless you switch to peaceful for the recipe. At least that I know of.

That said, if you can trap a wither in wither resistant blocks with a small opening, a bow, Terra Blade, excalibur or other ranged weaponry can make short (and fairly safe) work of him.

Thanks. I guess it's time to learn how to kill a wither. I've been resisting this for a long time (obv). hehe

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this qualifies as simple, but does anyone know why, between my 3 arcane alembics, they are only building up one Ignis but 32 Perdito and Terra when I give them 8 vanilla furnaces? I've tried with both standard charcoal and with Alumentum, and, as you can see from the screenshots, I've tried on a fresh world (in this case, one where I spawned near an NPC village)
arcane alembic with only 1 Ignis
arcane alembic full of Terra
arcane alembic full of Perdito
anyone? No? Okay then, I guess I'll just make my own thread about that, because this is the sort of thing that really needs to be addressed.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
No idea what this means sorry. Not sure if this is some new 1.7 feature that have come with the RF change or something you are referring to.

The way BC have always worked, is that you turn power on and off at the source depending on the power needs of the consumers. This is what the Gates are designed for.

Kinesis pipes, without some sort of switch, connected to something with power (energy cell, for example) output power continuously. Also, they (the wooden/emerald pipes) have an internal buffer that fills up as soon as it gets connected. I'm not sure everything is compatible with redstone signal, but even if it is, in the case of an energy cell, when given the signal all the sides will output or input or whatever. http://imgur.com/gallery/sae2B

That's why I wanted an alternative solution other than controlling the cell with a redstone signal.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way to get Nether Stars in Infinity modpack? I need 4 Nether Stars per Quantum Solar Panel, and I've never fought the Wither. Is there another way to get Nether Stars

Spawn Wither in a box of dark steel bars from ender IO, use Draconic Evolution Grinder to insta-kill.

The setup for auto Wither killing is in my Infinity playthrough in my sig if you care

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Not sure if this qualifies as simple, but does anyone know why, between my 3 arcane alembics, they are only building up one Ignis but 32 Perdito and Terra when I give them 8 vanilla furnaces? I've tried with both standard charcoal and with Alumentum, and, as you can see from the screenshots, I've tried on a fresh world (in this case, one where I spawned near an NPC village)
arcane alembic with only 1 Ignis
arcane alembic full of Terra
arcane alembic full of Perdito
I don't recall this off the top of my head, but I think Furnaces have "Trace" ignis. Which essentially means you might get that from it, but might not. Usually you can tell if something has a trace aspect if there is no number when you scan the item. (I had this problem with Bowls for a while in earlier versions of Infinity.) I've not used many of these, but it's simply observations from when I had trouble with the bowls. (I think they ended up putting one in each alembic.)

Reactions: macks2008

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
I don't recall this off the top of my head, but I think Furnaces have "Trace" ignis. Which essentially means you might get that from it, but might not. Usually you can tell if something has a trace aspect if there is no number when you scan the item. (I had this problem with Bowls for a while in earlier versions of Infinity.) I've not used many of these, but it's simply observations from when I had trouble with the bowls. (I think they ended up putting one in each alembic.)
oh! Now I get it. I didn't even realize there was such a concept as "trace" aspects. I overlooked that the furnace didn't have a number next to its ignis icon. My bad... Though, to be fair, it would be nice if the Thaumonomicon mentioned such a thing.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Has Buildcraft's machine power loss been removed on 1.7.10 MC versions? I've been trying to solve the problem of the power loss through testing in a creative world and I've noticed there is no decay on the stored power. Even after switching to survival, in the same world...

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Does infinity modify Thaumcraft's aspects table at all? If so, I found an exploit that the FTB teams should know about, but if not, it's an exploit for Azanor to handle... But regardless, there's definitely an exploit.
on a different note, I seem to be having trouble making energized glowstone in a smeltery. I'm not sure if it's because I added iguana tinker tweaks or if it's a problem that happens even with an unmodified version of the pack, but the glowstone (regardless of whether it's in block or dust form) just sits in the smeltery's inventory, perpetually smelting and consuming fuel...
Has Buildcraft's machine power loss been removed on 1.7.10 MC versions? I've been trying to solve the problem of the power loss through testing in a creative world and I've noticed there is no decay on the stored power. Even after switching to survival, in the same world...
no, or at least not for builders. I've been using a builder for terraforming and I have to disconnect it from my energy cell, otherwise it drains all the power.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
no, or at least not for builders. I've been using a builder for terraforming and I have to disconnect it from my energy cell, otherwise it drains all the power.

Then something is wrong with my lasers. They don't lose power. I disconnected them from the network and they still retain whatever it is they have within. Will test other machines tomorrow.

But if anyone is bored: on Infinity 1.5.1, creative world, try to setup an assembly table with a laser and see if it decays. On Monster I felt the decay was per tick. Here I've waited a good 30s and no decay. Even when switching to survival (on the same world)

Edit: forgot the quote

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows any thing derpy happening with MFR? Because it crashes on me, and by reading the logs it's something related to the Fertile Soil.

Modpack used is custom built.
I started getting that same error out of nowhere just now. Removing/disabling MFR puts 'IPacketHandler' in its exact place.
...I don't think this is a simple question o__o

BTW, how do you change your pack's forge version more permanently in the curse launcher files? I've forgotten how and it's getting super annoying to keep changing it when stuff like this happens.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I started getting that same error out of nowhere just now. Removing/disabling MFR puts 'IPacketHandler' in its exact place.
...I don't think this is a simple question o__o

BTW, how do you change your pack's forge version more permanently in the curse launcher files? I've forgotten how and it's getting super annoying to keep changing it when stuff like this happens.
Yeah, disabling the mod still loads it, but it doesn't crash.

And the only way I know how to change the forge version is in the MC launcher.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Kinesis pipes, without some sort of switch, connected to something with power (energy cell, for example) output power continuously. Also, they (the wooden/emerald pipes) have an internal buffer that fills up as soon as it gets connected. I'm not sure everything is compatible with redstone signal, but even if it is, in the case of an energy cell, when given the signal all the sides will output or input or whatever. http://imgur.com/gallery/sae2B

That's why I wanted an alternative solution other than controlling the cell with a redstone signal.
Well there is no way of saving the power stored in the internal buffer of the pipes/conduits/whatever you used AFAIK. But generally what little power is stored in the pipes etc. is nothing compared to what you save over time between crafts.