Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
NEI saves it's in-game options in the /config folder, which is completely replaced with each update.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Can you enchant the Wand of Equal Trade, and can you get the self-repair enchant on it?

Can you get silk touch (or the magic equivalent), and does it work as expected?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
You can enchant the Wand of Equal Trade. It can get Potency, Treasure, Frugal, and Charging naturally. Potency causes it to effect a wider area, adding another tile of radius per level of enchant. Frugal uses less durability. Charging causes repair. Treasure works like Fortune, and functions just fine when replacing Ore blocks with dirt / cobble. Wands do not get Silk Touch naturally in my experience. When Silk Touch was applied to a Wand of Equal Trade with NEI, it did not function. Most likely it cannot take that enchant even from a book.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
Would adding Ars Magica mod to the FTB MindCrack v8.0.1 pack require a new worldgen, or can we use the map/ world we already have? A decent amount of the map has been explored.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
1.) When a NPC villager offers a certain trade to player A, does he offer the same trade to player B as well? If player A unlocks a new trade with that villager, does player B get the option as well? Or does each player get their own random set of trade offers and require their own unlocks?

2.) Is there any way to restore "depleted" trade offers on NPC villagers? I am in need of hideous amounds of emerald, but unfortunately the entire village refuses to buy anything from me at this point...

Honza8D

Jul 29, 2019
1.) When a NPC villager offers a certain trade to player A, does he offer the same trade to player B as well? If player A unlocks a new trade with that villager, does player B get the option as well? Or does each player get their own random set of trade offers and require their own unlocks?

2.) Is there any way to restore "depleted" trade offers on NPC villagers? I am in need of hideous amounds of emerald, but unfortunately the entire village refuses to buy anything from me at this point...
1) Same for all plaayers

2) you can refresh offers by trading the last offer. If that one is depleted, then kill them as they are practically useless. But if you kill villager others will be angry and refuse to trade with you, so make it look like an accident. (Placing lava under their feet luckily fools these simple minded villagers). they will rebreed eventually (you can help this by placing additional doors to houses, it turns them on)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
...hahaha, lava bucket murder? Wow, that is evil x) I might just have to try that, I have a few villagers too many that want to sell me 11 arrows for emeralds...

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Would adding Ars Magica mod to the FTB MindCrack v8.0.1 pack require a new worldgen, or can we use the map/ world we already have? A decent amount of the map has been explored.

Ars Magica has some extremely important world gen to it. It is the only source of many spell recipes, and it has a special ore. You will need to explore further for resources, or add and use Mystcraft

For your villager murder needs, you can also abduct them with a Gravity Gun or Portal Gun and take them well out of sight to dispose of them.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone here whom has played with Universial Electrcity what is one of the first things to build? Would it be wiser to start with a coal engines and bat boxes or get some infusors and double my ore? Thanks! ^_^

cidrick

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to automate the loading of fertilizer into a fermenter without it accidentally landing in the input slot? It seems like, since the fermenter can accept plant matter as well as fertilizer from any side, one would step on the other. Anyone know of a clever way around this, or am I missing something obvious?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to automate the loading of fertilizer into a fermenter without it accidentally landing in the input slot? It seems like, since the fermenter can accept plant matter as well as fertilizer from any side, one would step on the other. Anyone know of a clever way around this, or am I missing something obvious?

The bock is clever enough to put fertilizer where it belongs. You can even pump the plant matter and catalyst into the same side. I recommend setting up to use mulch or compost, as you'll get more for less and it doesn't use apatite.

For anyone here whom has played with Universial Electrcity what is one of the first things to build? Would it be wiser to start with a coal engines and bat boxes or get some infusors and double my ore? Thanks! ^_^
I'd recommend anything to double ore first, no matter the mod involved. Less mining is more building awesome things!

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

The machine will auto sort with pipes.
Tubes/relays are side specific- so plants in the top and fertilizer ect in the bottom.
If you don't have a fully automatic farm, relays are awesome for keeping it stocked- just dump a massive pile in and let it run.​

cidrick

Jul 29, 2019
The bock is clever enough to put fertilizer where it belongs. You can even pump the plant matter and catalyst into the same side. I recommend setting up to use mulch or compost, as you'll get more for less and it doesn't use apatite.

Thanks, a transposer from my barrel with pneumatic tubes going into the bottom of the fertilizer works a treat. I dont know why I made it so difficult in my head.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Are buildcraft pipes still dangerous to use? Everyone turns to RP2 for pipes because historically it wouldn't cause overflows, but I can't find any info on if that's still true or not. Is it possible to make safe and effective sorting systems with buildcraft pipes?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
With void pipes or some kind of overflow chest, buildcraft pipes can be used with sorting systems. RP2 WILL cause overflows, but they bounce back and forth in the pipes instead of just dropping. You don't lose items, but it'll still lag any server.

Does anyone know how to make a simple frame elevator? Nothing fancy, two buttons, two floors. Maybe a link to a tutorial could help me as well? It's just to get to a bottom level of a base from a top level. I wanted it to be a simple 3x3 platform (so it looks "factoryish"). If it doesn't cause huge problems, would it be possible for the top floor hatch to close up so I don't accidentally fall down?

Also, does regular IC2 nuclear energy still work with the new Gregtech nuclear...thing? I in no way can afford that, so I was just looking for the old one.

One (two) more questions. Is there any possible way to get redstone/nikolite without mining? Most other ores can be gotten without mining, diamonds through coal, tin, copper, gold, silver, and lead through a centrifuge, etc. I know glowstone can get you redstone, but how could I automate the production of both these items?
Lapis is important too, but I'm not in need of a lot of it.

Does anyone have any and every possible item (on a list or something) any mining instrument can find in the ground? From cobble and dirt to torches and chests (from mineshafts). This would include any item from the Mindcrack v8 pack, so I can get my auto mining and sorting system set up.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
With void pipes or some kind of overflow chest, buildcraft pipes can be used with sorting systems. RP2 WILL cause overflows, but they bounce back and forth in the pipes instead of just dropping. You don't lose items, but it'll still lag any server.

What does that look like? Don't you have to have overflow valves everywhere? It's easier with RP2 because of the bouncing.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Also, does regular IC2 nuclear energy still work with the new Gregtech nuclear...thing? I in no way can afford that, so I was just looking for the old one.
Yes, IC nuclear components as described here are still working. GT just adds a couple new ones.

One (two) more questions. Is there any possible way to get redstone/nikolite without mining? Most other ores can be gotten without mining, diamonds through coal, tin, copper, gold, silver, and lead through a centrifuge, etc. I know glowstone can get you redstone, but how could I automate the production of both these items?
Glowstone from bees, redstone from bees or IC2 crops. I don't think it's possible to synthesize nikolite in any way, but I usually have truckloads of it from just caving.

Question: is there a way to boost research efficiency of every aspect in Thaumcraft? I'm not looking for any spoilers of specifics, just a yes/no answer.

Reactions: jumpfight5

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What there can be used to help is logic gates. I'm not all too experienced with these at all, so you'll have to ask someone else on this thread or look it up. But there is one that says IF an inventory is full THEN x. X may be sending it off into a different overflow chest, or maybe down a separate pipe network. What I do for turning BC into RP is to place a chest and a filter/transposer down. By far not the best way, but one of the easier ways. It also can act as a buffer, and they can be upgraded with IronChests, allowing for larger buffers. Unfortunately, there will always be the chance of a backup, even with a diamond chest, so items can fall out and you could end up losing your precious diamonds from a quarry, or you can lag your game/server up, and that's never fun.