Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Yes. I hadn't actually checked before, I just saw it and assumed! I guess my y=1 frame quarry is doomed.
I went into buildcraft's main.cfg:
Code:
worldgen {
  B:oilSprings=true
  B:waterSpring=false
}
So... does that mean they should't be generating?
Why would you want that... unless you mean a frame bore. A frame quarry drops down (quarrying out the land) a frame bore digs in the direction it is moving (if that makes sense)
Yeah. I meant bore.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I went into buildcraft's main.cfg:
Code:
worldgen {
  B:oilSprings=true
  B:waterSpring=false
}
So... does that mean they should't be generating?
That... might be a bug. However, you should be able to work around it by having the bottom layer of your bore be y=2, with block breakers facing forward and down.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Possibly been asked before.
But are there other ways in the current direwolf20 pack to gain extra hearts other then the heart canisters from tconstuct?
I'm not 100% sure of what version of botania is in DW20, but depending on version, Terrasteel armor either conifers a health boost (full set gives another 20 life (or 10 hearts)) or allowing regen to continue regardless of your hunger level. I'm not aware of any other way to boost health. I suppose Runic Armor could be consider an extra heart or two, but it's more a sheild that things have to get through before impacting your health.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yes. I hadn't actually checked before, I just saw it and assumed! I guess my y=1 frame quarry is doomed.
It actually seems that some mining methods are able of mining these(at least in the 1.6 TPPI version I use). My Quarry+ keeps depositing them into my ME network :p
I just need to go pick up the PumpPlus every time it gets to the last layer. The quarry gets stuck sucking up all the water blocks that the springs keeps spawning. It keeps criss-crossing over the area sucking up the water from each spring.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Material Energy 4

1. My chemistry book. When I pick what i want to synth and put it in my synthesizer nothing shows up.

2. I am growing legendary bags chunks to get more seeds should i break the when they mature or just click on them so the replant there self?

3. I think my Gui for farm manger is wrong http://imgur.com/TkT3cBh

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
With Funky Locomotion and Thermal Dynamics, is it possible to close off the surfaces of the Frame Block Covers so that they don't stick to stuff?

I haven't used Funky Locomotion yet, but in all the videos I've seen they Right Click (or maybe something else?) on the face of the Frame to make it opaque which also allows it to slide past other blocks.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I haven't used Funky Locomotion yet, but in all the videos I've seen they Right Click (or maybe something else?) on the face of the Frame to make it opaque which also allows it to slide past other blocks.
Right-click with Thermal Dynamics covers removes the cover. I got my answer, though, you just don't place a frame cover, leave it open or place a different cover, I use clear glass.

New question: I have an Ender IO alloy smelter with an ME interface on top, containing two patterns: one for energetic alloy, one for vibrant alloy. It won't make vibrant alloys. The crafting plan shows that it needs to make it and it knows how, but it never actually makes it. Do I have to have the pattern in a different interface? Or place the interface between two alloy smelters? Hm, maybe I should be outputting the results to a different interface, that might be messing it up.

*Edit* Hm, I just installed a Crafting Monitor in my CPU, and it works now. Are they a necessary component?

*Edit* I wonder how many people are watching this page, refreshing it and waiting for the 20th post to appear on page 999 so they can get first post on page 1000...

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys I'm trying to tinker with Mariculture these days, its one of those mods that gets really little attention.

Anyone know if there's a tool well-suited to harvesting coral?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
So, I loaded up a Direwolf20 world and found a Factorization Colossus. Decided to build near it cause it looked cool. Got to a certain point and decided to go to the Twilight forest. Built the portal, went in, and boom. In what looks like the same spot, another Colossus. Aren't these supposed to be super rare? Extremely rare coincidence?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Guys I'm trying to tinker with Mariculture these days, its one of those mods that gets really little attention.

Anyone know if there's a tool well-suited to harvesting coral?
Usually just use a pickaxe, but it is slow as...
Intended to try if "Precision Shears" works.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Usually just use a pickaxe, but it is slow as...
Intended to try if "Precision Shears" works.
Nod, thanks. Just making sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

One thing that can help a bit is to chop out the block underneath it, but that's not always simple underwater.

Tw0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting into FTB (I've choosen Infinity), How do I do to not get lost? Any good tutorial recommended?

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting into FTB (I've choosen Infinity), How do I do to not get lost? Any good tutorial recommended?

You could also try one of the Community Packs with HQM - for example Wanderlust Reloaded or something similar.
Those packs guide you through some of the most common mods via quests and give hints where to start.

And of course, as yotus said, watch Let's Plays for the pack you are playing. I've learned a lot this way.

Reactions: Tw0