Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I hear an eating noise, which means it's right clicking to eat them.
I use an ME Fuzzy Export Bus
Watch out, bRainstorming here:
It may not like the mana beans' collision boxes. Does this happen if you put cocoa beans in the AA?
Or: do you have the AA set to use first slot only? Try a different setting, maybe.
Would a turtle be able to plant the beans?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Watch out, bRainstorming here:
It may not like the mana beans' collision boxes. Does this happen if you put cocoa beans in the AA?
Or: do you have the AA set to use first slot only? Try a different setting, maybe.
Would a turtle be able to plant the beans?
She's saying it literally eats them. Like a player eats food. A turtle may work, though.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Tried that too. I've been reduced to using a golem. Ugh.
Have you actually tried a MFR planter in conjunction with the Fruit picker?

Also the fruit picker do have up to 3 blocks vertical range with fruits normally, so should work with mana beans too. You would need to stack 3x planters though as they only plant the Y-level directly above the block above them.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
She's saying it literally eats them. Like a player eats food. A turtle may work, though.
Right; it shouldn't, though, but it might be doing that because it doesn't recognize that it's allowed to place mana beans because of their not-full-block bounding box. This is an interesting "feature"... I need to see if this happens with cocoa beans...

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Have you actually tried a MFR planter in conjunction with the Fruit picker?

Also the fruit picker do have up to 3 blocks vertical range with fruits normally, so should work with mana beans too. You would need to stack 3x planters though as they only plant the Y-level directly above the block above them.
The planter does nothing. I tried that too. It stores the beans and does nothing with them. I could have been doing something wrong but regardless I dread to think of a means to distribute beans to the planters via the ME Network evenly. Storage Busses, maybe?
The fruit pickers work but only work at the same level, I have two mana beans growing and the fruit picker only breaks the one at it's level, so I have two fruit pickers, one on top of the other.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The planter does nothing. I tried that too. It stores the beans and does nothing with them. I could have been doing something wrong but regardless I dread to think of a means to distribute beans to the planters via the ME Network evenly. Storage Busses, maybe?
The fruit pickers work but only work at the same level, I have two mana beans growing and the fruit picker only breaks the one at it's level, so I have two fruit pickers, one on top of the other.
Works perfectly fine when I just tried it:
UI0byOs.png

If you want to fill your planter up with beans just use a ME export bus. If you want it to use very specific beans use a Precise one and set the planter to: Consume stack: off. I would probably suggest using the planter in its default range of 3x3 and then setting each planter to plant 9 types of beans(use the filter in the planter to set the directions to plant each type of bean).

Or I suppose you could just use a fuzzy export bus and let it take whichever beans it can.