Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
So this might be a vague question but how long does it usually take for the launcher to reflect new versions of modpacks?
Right now I'm using tech world 2, 1.1.6 but I see that 1.1.7 has been out for some time. Is it something that the makers of the launcher need to update something or do the mod makers need to do a push to make it available?
really just looking forward to the 1.1.7 updates ;)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So this might be a vague question but how long does it usually take for the launcher to reflect new versions of modpacks?
Right now I'm using tech world 2, 1.1.6 but I see that 1.1.7 has been out for some time. Is it something that the makers of the launcher need to update something or do the mod makers need to do a push to make it available?
really just looking forward to the 1.1.7 updates ;)

Pack makers push them to recommended when they feel they're good enough.

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
Heey, just some questions about thaumcraft and nodes. I've read nodes fight each other if they'te near - is this true? If yes, do any node fight with any or just their aspects (ie, is it ok to put a terra node with a ignis one or not)? Finally, how separated do the nodes have to be not to fight?

Ps. Im aware There are node stabilizers in newer versiones of TC but i Dont have them available. Im currency using the versión used in AS

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Heey, just some questions about thaumcraft and nodes. I've read nodes fight each other if they'te near - is this true? If yes, do any node fight with any or just their aspects (ie, is it ok to put a terra node with a ignis one or not)? Finally, how separated do the nodes have to be not to fight?

Ps. Im aware There are node stabilizers in newer versiones of TC but i Dont have them available. Im currency using the versión used in AS
You don't need to worry about any of that as that is all in 1.7 thaumcraft.

Reactions: Padfoote

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod which is as fast as IC2 at auto-processing with at least an ore-doubling capability? Not necessary to have the same speed as a fully maxed out IC2 device (one process per tick), but I'm not sure I like the look of Mekanism's devices (and not sure how fast they get maxed out), and obviously the nice-looking TE stuff is too slow.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Is there a mod which is as fast as IC2 at auto-processing with at least an ore-doubling capability? Not necessary to have the same speed as a fully maxed out IC2 device (one process per tick), but I'm not sure I like the look of Mekanism's devices (and not sure how fast they get maxed out), and obviously the nice-looking TE stuff is too slow.

Mekanism and RotaryCraft will be your best bet.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

To add to Padfoote's post above, Mekanism's enrichment chamber (ore doubling) and energized smelter aren't as fast as fully overclocked IC2 furnaces and macerators, however they make up for it by being upgradable to enriching and smelting factories, which at the max tier handle 7 items at once. I'm pretty sure they pull ahead on throughput because of this especially with all 8 speed upgrades in.

I'm using Mek in my current world but I haven't checked the ore tripling (or better) processes for speed yet.

As for rotarycraft, the extractor when properly powered can chew through a stack of ore in the blink of an eye and turn it into 5x as many flakes. It takes a fair bit of infrastructure to get it moving that fast though.

Oh and friction heaters. Do eet! Vanilla furnace with a friction heater is hilariously quick.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So, Gendustry.

How does an industrial apiary with all the available upgrades compare to, say, an alveary with 6 proven frames in it?

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
To add to Padfoote's post above, Mekanism's enrichment chamber (ore doubling) and energized smelter aren't as fast as fully overclocked IC2 furnaces and macerators, however they make up for it by being upgradable to enriching and smelting factories, which at the max tier handle 7 items at once. I'm pretty sure they pull ahead on throughput because of this especially with all 8 speed upgrades in.

I'm using Mek in my current world but I haven't checked the ore tripling (or better) processes for speed yet.

As for rotarycraft, the extractor when properly powered can chew through a stack of ore in the blink of an eye and turn it into 5x as many flakes. It takes a fair bit of infrastructure to get it moving that fast though.

Oh and friction heaters. Do eet! Vanilla furnace with a friction heater is hilariously quick.

Mekanism is pretty great for this sort of thing. The amount of items per minute is higher if you're using all 7 slots at a time. Then you can get 5x the amount of ingots. Of course it's too complicated and the furthest I've gone in survival is 3x.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best level to get the "Soulbound" (Ars Magica 2, keeps your item that is enchanted with it on death) enchantment on a book?