Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure only golems work with Magical Crops for now. I tried a bunch of options two weeks ago and nothing else worked. I believe this is because of the hoops that mod author went through to make the magical crops not respond to bone meal.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
It is pretty easy to setup too. Just a Steam Engine directly attached to the fan and it can service up to a column of 9 blocks without issue.
For the steam engine itself, I use an igniter from tinkers' construct but a netherrack should suffice as a heat source. I just prefer the igniter because I can turn them on/off with redstone signal.
Don't ever use lava since it will overheat. And cooling fins isn't going to work well for the steam engine since it will keep the engine below 100 degree Celsius so the steam engine will not run at all.
For water, I used Thermal Expansion 3's Aqueous Accumulator and fluiducts instead of RotaryCraft's own pump and pipes.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to create the "Jaded Bee"? I did some research and it seems like only an apiary that was placed by jadedcat can breed one, just seems a little out there and is there any other way to do it? without cheating of cause.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to create the "Jaded Bee"? I did some research and it seems like only an apiary that was placed by jadedcat can breed one, just seems a little out there and is there any other way to do it? without cheating of cause.
It's intended to be an "Easter egg reward" for Jaded, since she was one of the first people to breed all the bees in survival (this was before all the mutations were documented via wikis and plugins). Her bee doesn't have any unique traits or products that can't be found on other bees that are easier to breed.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
It's intended to be an "Easter egg reward" for Jaded, since she was one of the first people to breed all the bees in survival (this was before all the mutations were documented via wikis and plugins). Her bee doesn't have any unique traits or products that can't be found on other bees that are easier to breed.

it has the best chance for pollen, not by much but I'm trying to get the best of everything ATM

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm at the stage were I want to experiment with some other mods I've not really touched, now that I'm established, and don't need to worry about resources.

The project I want to work on is a Factorization Solar Power system. I know it's mirrors around a water boiler, and from that you'll get steam (which I assume is fully compatible with other steam using mods).
I've seen builds where there are multiple tiered rings and a central pillar, but not really sure what that pillar consists of.

I'm assuming it's a tower of water boilers, with one side having water pumped in, and the other side steam pumped out? That means only 2 open faces for the mirrors to aim at.
What's the max range of the mirror from the tower? Is there a minimum number of mirrors needed to get steam?

Also, is it possible to automate the crystaliser? Never used it, but seen a lot of comments about it. I want to add a full Factoriztion ore processing line.

Short version - can anyone give me a guide to getting started? :D

Pericus

Jul 29, 2019
MFR farms in private server pack similar to monster. where can I find which trees and plants are compatible to MFR?
So far my Experiments have concluded that vanilla stuff is compatible but which mods does it support?

The harvester does not seem to harvest potatoes and barley is this correct? And I was hoping on farming dye trees but the planter wont plant the saplings which other mod(s) could I use?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I'm at the stage were I want to experiment with some other mods I've not really touched, now that I'm established, and don't need to worry about resources.

The project I want to work on is a Factorization Solar Power system. I know it's mirrors around a water boiler, and from that you'll get steam (which I assume is fully compatible with other steam using mods).
I've seen builds where there are multiple tiered rings and a central pillar, but not really sure what that pillar consists of.

I'm assuming it's a tower of water boilers, with one side having water pumped in, and the other side steam pumped out? That means only 2 open faces for the mirrors to aim at.
What's the max range of the mirror from the tower? Is there a minimum number of mirrors needed to get steam?

Also, is it possible to automate the crystaliser? Never used it, but seen a lot of comments about it. I want to add a full Factoriztion ore processing line.

From what I understand, a water source below the bottom water boiler will feed the whole column, with stem then being output collectively from the top of the column. because of this most people tend to place a tesseract or ender tank at the top to avoid blocking mirrors

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
From what I understand, a water source below the bottom water boiler will feed the whole column, with stem then being output collectively from the top of the column. because of this most people tend to place a tesseract or ender tank at the top to avoid blocking mirrors
Ah, that's why I was a little confused, as I remember seeing a tower, but a ring of mirrors. That's enough to get me started tonight!

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
MFR farms in private server pack similar to monster. where can I find which trees and plants are compatible to MFR?
So far my Experiments have concluded that vanilla stuff is compatible but which mods does it support?

The harvester does not seem to harvest potatoes and barley is this correct? And I was hoping on farming dye trees but the planter wont plant the saplings which other mod(s) could I use?

Harvesters/planters do work with potatoes and carrots, as well as netherwart, melons and pumpkins. I believe they also work with vanilla and natura trees, but I'm not sure about forestry trees.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019

I've been playing a bit with factorization recently.

• Yes it's steam is the same as other steam
  • Yes it is a tower of boilers with larger and larger rings of mirrors.
  • As thephoenixlodge said water goes in the bottom. If you are planing a tower of boilers I would suggest an aqueous accumulator or other source.
  • You can pump steam out of the top with fluiducts, They do not block the mirrors view of the sky but they do block the mirror's view of the boilers so if you are using fluiducts run them over the mirrors.
  • Use factorization's charge? meter (either charge or power) to check how many mirrors are pointed at the tower. If the 'power' reading does not match the number of mirrors you placed you either counted wrong or you have a non obvious blockage where the mirrors are still pointing but don't count (happens more on the farthest rings)
  • From what I remember you can fit something like over 220 mirrors in a tower, but I read (have not gotten this far yet) that people were experiencing difficulty getting more than 200 steam/t out
  • On that note the boilers produce 1 steam/t per mirror
  • The max distance is 9 blocks from the tower to make the widest ring 17 block long. It will be obvious when you hit the outer edge, the mirrors will point up instead of towards the boiler

It is possible to automate the crystalizer with routers, but that will eat up vast quantities of dark iron. Your best bet from what I've been hearing is probably steve's factory manager.
For me, I've only used the crystalizer on ore that I really really want to maximize my output of like dark iron, the whole process should net on average 3.6 bars per ore, but it is random at each stage.
And I would suggest using something other than the mixer to automate ore washing. AE should be able to handle it so long as you have some way of refilling buckets. You could also look into a cyclic assembler (those have liquid imputs yes?) or the Logistics pipes crafting stuff might be able to do it.

Does ars magica 2 have any world gen?
Yes, several ores. AM1 used to include some structures although I haven't seen any in AM2

Last edited:
Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks. Expense isn't really an issue. I'm using a Mekanism Digital Miner, so can specify what ores I want to dig out of the ground. Went to the nether last night and got a stack of ardite and cobalt ore in a few minutes.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Does ars magica 2 have any world gen?
Yes, it has ores, plants, trees, and one biome (as of the latest version, not sure if it's the one in the FTB packs or not). If it is indeed the latest AM2 version, then adding/removing it will cause the usual biome ugliness on newly generated chunks.