Ars Magica 2 community spellbook

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
:eek:

So basically, warded blocks are now back in full trolling capabilities. If the wither won't break them, then all options that I know of won't work. Hopefully they get the nerfbat soon.
You and me both. I wouldn't mind if they made them the way they were before, where you could still break them but it took like two minutes.

Reactions: Padfoote

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
:eek:

So basically, warded blocks are now back in full trolling capabilities. If the wither won't break them, then all options that I know of won't work. Hopefully they get the nerfbat soon.
They've been designed specifically to be unbreakable by any player excepting the owner and an OP/admin
EDIT: Thus I don't think they'll be getting a nerf-bat

I would imagine in a pvp set-up they should be disabled for most cases. (There are other wither indestructable blocks that you can use for a wither trap for instance)

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
They've been designed specifically to be unbreakable by any player excepting the owner and an OP/admin
EDIT: Thus I don't think they'll be getting a nerf-bat

I would imagine in a pvp set-up they should be disabled for most cases. (There are other wither indestructable blocks that you can use for a wither trap for instance)
Yeah. The thing is my friend's a whiney little bugger, and it's "His" Server. He won't disable them and he'll refuse to stop using them. The reason I put it on this forum was that I was hoping someone had a spell to get around it. But oh well.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. The thing is my friend's a whiney little bugger, and it's "His" Server. He won't disable them and he'll refuse to stop using them. The reason I put it on this forum was that I was hoping someone had a spell to get around it. But oh well.
You could lace his house with runes and zones designed to be general nuisance or to repetitively murder him?

As you're able to teleport short or long distances with Ars magica, you can cover his base with them, and then port out of there.

And since they're spells, you can then go and lay them again and again.

Reactions: DanBeatYou_xD

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Well make him whine even more. Don't waste your time trying to destroy warded blocks just use them against him. Next time he is away teleport inside his base and fill it completely with warded blocks. If he moves base rinse and repeat. Keep doing it until he sees how broken they are on a pvp server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote and ozak

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, my current plan involves alot of runes, plus some fire, disarming, teleporting to strange locations and generally being a dick. Also, I have some indestructible blocks from Twilight forest that I'm gonna put everywhere. Any other ideas?[DOUBLEPOST=1395831624][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, my current plan involves alot of runes, plus some fire, disarming, teleporting to strange locations and generally being a dick. Also, I have some indestructible blocks from Twilight forest that I'm gonna put everywhere. Any other ideas?
Oh, and don't forget the zone summoning spells of blazes (He lives in a tree).

Nematrec

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, my current plan involves alot of runes, plus some fire, disarming, teleporting to strange locations and generally being a dick. Also, I have some indestructible blocks from Twilight forest that I'm gonna put everywhere. Any other ideas?[DOUBLEPOST=1395831624][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh, and don't forget the zone summoning spells of blazes (He lives in a tree).
Try some Ars Magica everstone, you can break it but it'll just come back. And don't forget the warded string at eye level.

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
Try some Ars Magica everstone, you can break it but it'll just come back. And don't forget the warded string at eye level.
That. Is brilliant. He won't ever be able to remove it because he refuses to use AM2, he only uses Thaumcraft 4. Much like I don't use Thaumcraft. Except I have reasons, he's just being stubborn.

DanBeatYou_xD

Jul 29, 2019
To the guy who wanted a way to deal with power suits. Simply bind this weapon before fighting, let manna recharge then all you have to do is simply get a hit on them and vola dead. {NOTE - I use this with direwolf20 pack, and so deaths drop loot into a gravestone, otherwise loot destroyed}
'Hand of God'
Binding
Touch
Entangle
Blind
Blizard
Dammage x3
= low mode 650mana approx. Does about 10 hearts. Med mode 4-5k approx, does 200hp to a wither. High mode, kills a wither in 1 hit. Oh btw, on med mode kills any armour other than Ichor if enchanted, if unenchanted 1 hit kill unless extra health.
You can convert this into a Cont. Dammage:
HAVN't Tested the below but my initial idea on it. - Also use this on max in a casting rune to apply it with max effect for no mana {light nexus power}
Cont. Dammage
AoE
Radius x3
Entangle
blind
Blizard
damage x3

TIP! if no thaumic tinker is not present, add firestorm after blizzard - I don't add it as the ichor armour upgrade converts fire into healing and thus would just heal my target.

To the other question - Yes you can enchant bound tools and effects carry with them. An useful example was bind touch aoe dig - then you enchant it with fortune III and efficiency V for a fast and good mining tool.
Hope it helps guys.

DanBeatYou_xD

Jul 29, 2019
That. Is brilliant. He won't ever be able to remove it because he refuses to use AM2, he only uses Thaumcraft 4. Much like I don't use Thaumcraft. Except I have reasons, he's just being stubborn.
Is ever stone player specific like warded - only the player who places it can remove it or could anyone with the wrench remove it? This would make for a similar AM warded type block then :)

OgreCasteel

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried combining projectile,mark,aoe,ensnare,recall,damage?

imagine it would bind them to that spot, and as they tried to move out, it would keep pulling them back into the center.

or for laughs, projectile,aoe,mark,fling,contingency:fall,recall? We can call it the popcorn machine.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried combining projectile,mark,aoe,ensnare,recall,damage?

imagine it would bind them to that spot, and as they tried to move out, it would keep pulling them back into the center.

or for laughs, projectile,aoe,mark,fling,contingency:fall,recall? We can call it the popcorn machine.
Do infinite spell loops work?

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019
so i was playing with guardian from am2 yesterday, i found out that earth guardian can destroy warded block when summoned. That's probably helps

Reactions: Padfoote

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is ever stone player specific like warded - only the player who places it can remove it or could anyone with the wrench remove it? This would make for a similar AM warded type block then :)
Ever stone isn't player specific, but from memory you can't remove it by conventional methods, mining it out will just cause it to disappear temporarily and then reappear. Even a wither blast will do the same thing

I think you need to remove it by using a crystal wrench on it.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Ever stone isn't player specific, but from memory you can't remove it by conventional methods, mining it out will just cause it to disappear temporarily and then reappear. Even a wither blast will do the same thing

I think you need to remove it by using a crystal wrench on it.
Indeed; you have to use the wrench to get the block it appears to be out with the crystal wrench, then it can be broken really easily.

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
Infinite spell loops might exist, but you'll need a heck of a lot of parts in order to make it work. Could you perhaps make a spell that casts a rune that casts the first spell? But I think you can only use a particular shape once in any particular spell.

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I have an idea, how about:

Projectile | zone/wall | mark | random teleport | recall

I imagine it would make it extremely difficult to do anything.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I have an idea, how about:

Projectile | zone/wall | mark | random teleport | recall

I imagine it would make it extremely difficult to do anything.
hm, could work, but may not activate the recall, Give it a try and find out

(Also make sure to have a self in there somewhere so it activates onto whoever walks into it)

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
hm, could work, but may not activate the recall, Give it a try and find out

(Also make sure to have a self in there somewhere so it activates onto whoever walks into it)
Nah, if you add self before the things it'll happen to you. I know. I've used that technique in my Hit 'n' run spell up the page a bit.