Ars Magica 2 community spellbook

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You need a relatively high level crafting altar for this one, but it's really fun in multiplayer.

Projectile | Entangle | Slow | Disarm | Self | Leap | Haste | Featherfall

I call it hit 'n' run. Hit your "friend" when they're holding something valuable, and proceed to jump 400 meters into the sunset after stealing it.
That's only 8 parts, though. A witchwood altar(3 parts), or nether quartz/nether brick if you wanna be weird, plus half decent caps(so Lapis blocks at least, which give +5 parts), can make this.

Good spell for PvP, though. I thought kinda thought Leap was a bit like Fling, but I'm likely wrong as usual.

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
another really annoying death trap is:
Projectile | Wall | Self | Slow | Entangle | Disarm | {Any sort of damage}

Will kill anyone not wearing good armour, and also forces them to drop anything they pull out due to the continuous firing of disarm.
Although you have to be really careful, if you hit yourself, you'll drop the spell and have to wait for it to dissipate before you can do ANYTHING.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
another really annoying death trap is:
Projectile | Wall | Self | Slow | Entangle | Disarm | {Any sort of damage}

Will kill anyone not wearing good armour, and also forces them to drop anything they pull out due to the continuous firing of disarm.
Although you have to be really careful, if you hit yourself, you'll drop the spell and have to wait for it to dissipate before you can do ANYTHING.
That one does sound kinda deadly, though if they move out of the wall and use the very simple "Channel - Telekinesis" spell they could just pull their stuff out of the effect.

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
That one does sound kinda deadly, though if they move out of the wall and use the very simple "Channel - Telekinesis" spell they could just pull their stuff out of the effect.
Aha, but you see, The problem is they can't move out of the wall. I suggest you cast slow + entangle on yourself and see what it does. Just try not to laugh too hard.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Aha, but you see, The problem is they can't move out of the wall. I suggest you cast slow + entangle on yourself and see what it does. Just try not to cry too hard.
Not impossible, just slow as hell. Or you could use one of the other options one has to get out faster. A great option is Mariculture, it has a enchantment that lets you teleport a short distance if you have it... I can't name it or tell you how to use it off hand, but trust me, it's awesome.

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
Not impossible, just slow as hell. Or you could use one of the other options one has to get out faster. A great option is Mariculture, it has a enchantment that lets you teleport a short distance if you have it... I can't name it or tell you how to use it off hand, but trust me, it's awesome.
Still, you would be hard pressed to react fast enough before you die, wall spells trigger extremely fast, alot faster than zones.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Still, you would be hard pressed to react fast enough, wall spell trigger extremely fast, alot faster than zones.
The effect doesn't require you to hold anything, it goes on jewelry which isn't a normal type of armor(thus hard as hell to target in any way), and if one keeps a cool head, reacting at a decent speed is easy.

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
The effect doesn't require you to hold anything, it goes on jewelry which isn't a normal type of armor(thus hard as hell to target in any way), and if one keeps a cool head, reacting at a decent speed is easy.
Ah ok, I'm not sure what mariculture is. I've been focusing exclusively on AM2.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok, I'm not sure what mariculture is. I've been focusing exclusively on AM2.
It's a fun mod, focusing almost purely on aquatic stuff(jewelery for example is made with pearls and if enabled in the config diamonds will work), but there is the occasional oddball extra(such as TiC Tools using Titanium).

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of a way to smash a warded block from Thaumcraft 4? Me and a couple guys are having a war in Magic World 2, and he's just put wards on every single block. It's more than a little broken.

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
But the problem is I don't want to get past them, that's easy. I want to get RID of them. He's put them everywhere and started using it on blocks in my base.

Chicknboy

Jul 29, 2019
But the problem is I don't want to get past them, that's easy. I want to get RID of them. He's put them everywhere and started using it on blocks in my base.

Portal guns are the only things that I've seen that can destroy warded blocks, but that's obviously not in magic world. I haven't played much with the warding focus, but is it possible to use your own wand to un-ward? If not, maybe you can disarm him while he has his wand out, and steal it? Or, maybe it has to be the same player. I don't know much about the foci at all in Thaumcraft.

EDIT: I don't think it's possible to destroy warded blocks with AM2. Personally, I would just ask him/her to not use them, as they are ridiculously overpowered for base protection on a pvp-focused server.

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Portal guns are the only things that I've seen that can destroy warded blocks, but that's obviously not in magic world. I haven't played much with the warding focus, but is it possible to use your own wand to un-ward? If not, maybe you can disarm him while he has his wand out, and steal it? Or, maybe it has to be the same player. I don't know much about the foci at all in Thaumcraft.

It's saved per player rather than wand / focus. So the only way to remove a warded block is by the person who placed it.

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
It's saved per player rather than wand / focus. So the only way to remove a warded block is by the person who placed it.
Yeah, I tried to steal his wand with the previously mention Hit 'N' Run spell, but I couldn't use it to undo the warding.
It seems that this block warding is extremely broken. I'm about to attempt removing/replacing them using the Block Mover and Block Replacer from the RandomThings mod. Will be back with result shortly.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yeah, I tried to steal his wand with the previously mention Hit 'N' Run spell, but I couldn't use it to undo the warding.
It seems that this block warding is extremely broken. I'm about to attempt removing/replacing them using the Block Mover and Block Replacer from the RandomThings mod. Will be back with result shortly.

For some reason I think I've heard that a dig spell will break the warded stone.

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason I think I've heard that a dig spell will break the warded stone.
Nope, that was my first thought. It lets you break indestructible twilight forest blocks. But unfortunately not warded blocks. Although, I can't speak for augmented casting mode as I haven't unlocked it yet.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Nope, that was my first thought. It lets you break indestructible twilight forest blocks. But unfortunately not warded blocks. Although, I can't speak for augmented casting mode as I haven't unlocked it yet.

Hmm, alright that's only slightly broken. There isn't much else I can think of other than shove a wither right up against the warded blocks, since that'll break the blocks.

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, alright that's only slightly broken. There isn't much else I can think of other than shove a wither right up against the warded blocks, since that'll break the blocks.
Even that's been fixed in the most recent update. XD[DOUBLEPOST=1395808663][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just tested, the RandomThings items do NOT work on the warded blocks. I repeat, they do NOT work.
God damnit, what's it gonna take to get rid of these things?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Even that's been fixed in the most recent update. XD

:eek:

So basically, warded blocks are now back in full trolling capabilities. If the wither won't break them, then all options that I know of won't work. Hopefully they get the nerfbat soon.