Ars Magica 2 community spellbook

K

KingXero

Need some help Here, I tried to make a Binding Regen Spell.. I used Shapes Binding|Self. and in the spell was Regen|Light .... It will not spawn the Axe that it is supposed to. any idea's why?

[edit]
For more information. I used a binding catalyst of the Axe variety. There are no modifiers.. and Neither the Regen nor the light activate either or else I wouldn't be asking for some help :) ty

Last edited:

blahthebiste

Jul 29, 2019
So what happens if you include multiple projectile shapes in your spell? Or projectile -> touch, or touch->projectile?

A

adamjan2000

Projectile|AoE|Disarm|Ender Intervention|Astral Distorsion
This spell should disarm our target and send it to the nether with anti-tp debuff,
but I don't know if it's correctly written.
Could you check it?

Last edited:

'MuricanSWAG

Jul 29, 2019
So I cant kill the fire guardian, any tip?
If your problem is dps, try to learn the blizzard spell, off memory I think the unlock spell is frost dmg, freeze, piercing, damage modifier.

If staying alive is your problem, use fire resistance and he wont be able to do any dmg to you, and take of your armor or wear indestructible ones so he cant melt it.

'MuricanSWAG

Jul 29, 2019
it would, but it might not be what you would want, you'd be giving up all the dmg for range or all the range for dmg, if that's what you want, fine. But I recomend a mix, maybe 2dmg 1 range in one shape group(brown box) and 2 range 1 dmg in the other

blooob

Jul 29, 2019
Wave-n(duration)-Touch-Create water [duration is optional.]
Go forth to the nether and turn lava into obsidian. or use it on Y-255 and make water tower xD.

T

TheOnlyOne42

So on the server I play on, there is one man who rules the server as a tyrant, scaring people into slavery basically, and I'm the one man who will openly stand up to him, yet no person on the server can kill him because he uses some sort of projectile spell that costs no mana and kills anyone, with one shot.... What spells could be used to kill someone with ease at only lvl 36?

'MuricanSWAG

Jul 29, 2019
for offence,
-maybe (wave,beam)dispel,lightning,any debuff, starstrike
-make sure to make dispel your first component, what it will do is get rid of any buffs the target currently has.
-when you make the spell wave beam, it costs like no mana because beam is a targeting shape like touch and it divides the mana cost so you can hold it down.

for defence,
-life saving imbument on chest plate (you'll never get one-shot)
-magic shield and mana shield spell
(mana shield is a silver skill unlocked by shield,reflect,life tap with any targeting method)
-chrono anchor will protect you from death once after you cast it(teleporting you back to when the buff was applied)
-pray that he doesn't use dispel on you like I said to use on him

T

TheOnlyOne42

for offence,
-maybe (wave,beam)dispel,lightning,any debuff, starstrike
-make sure to make dispel your first component, what it will do is get rid of any buffs the target currently has.
-when you make the spell wave beam, it costs like no mana because beam is a targeting shape like touch and it divides the mana cost so you can hold it down.

for defence,
-life saving imbument on chest plate (you'll never get one-shot)
-magic shield and mana shield spell
(mana shield is a silver skill unlocked by shield,reflect,life tap with any targeting method)
-chrono anchor will protect you from death once after you cast it(teleporting you back to when the buff was applied)
-pray that he doesn't use dispel on you like I said to use on him
Thanks this will help a lot, sadly though the guy just announced that he will no longer use ars magica on the server because he has become too powerful even for his own good

Rasply

Jul 29, 2019
Shape Group 1[Zone, Duration, Projectile, Speed]
Component(Starstrike, optional Damage mods)
Similar to the Zone Projectile Dig mining spell already in the list, this will create a zone that causes you to spam Starstrikes. That's right. Spam Starstrikes. On the pack I tested on(Aeon Pack, it's made by the server I play) it has a base mana cost of 550 without damage mods, and the projectiles launched cost 0 mana. Cast five times and rain down a frame-killing shitstorm of arcane mass destruction the likes of which have never been seen.

Reactions: Mindfeak926

deoldetrash

Jul 29, 2019
>Projectile | Piercing | Piercing | Piercing | AoE | Dig

This is a revolutionary mining technology brought on by the community's increased understanding of spell grammar. Carves a 3x3x7 hole. Kind of uneven when fired on a diagonal.

Awesome spell, but I've modified it for digging long tunnels without extra Projectile|Light spell.

So, here it is: Touch|Light|Projectile|Piercing|Piercing|Piercing|AoE|Dig.

I tried to put Projectile|Light in the beginning of spell, but light source is broken by Dig projectile this way.

'MuricanSWAG

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone translate this into new spell grammar with shape groups and whatnot?
shape group(zone/Duration/Duration/Duration)
spell grammer( AoE | Grow plants | Harvest plants)

it's important to remember that a shape in the shape group will only be modified by modifiers in the same shape group, not in any other shape group or the spell grammar, a shape or component in the spell grammar can be modified by modifiers in the shape group and/or spell grammar.

for example,
if the durations are put in the spell grammar, they will not modify the zone in the shape group but will modify anything else in the spell grammar.
if the durations are in the shape group, they will effect everything.
hope this helps, srry its late

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I've recently gotten into ars magica and the pack I'm playing only offers vanilla smelting. I was trying to create a dig spell that could both smelt things, and apply fortune, to save time. I've been playing around in creative and can't seem to get it right. The forge component seems odd. >.< Please help!

K

KiLLeR235311

Hi all tell on 1.7.10 Ars Magica 2 how to make infinite mana ? How to lay down more than 3 Lunar ?

F

Fixxitt

I'm at work and can't get on to try this, but I need a crap ton of greatwood leaves for a build I'm doing. Would Wizard's Autumn and Feather Touch work together? Maybe with radius x2?

T

TinkeringSalad

An interesting bit of a bug that can be extremely useful in making very powerful spells:
If you put a shape in the Shape Group(using Zone as an example here), then put 3 modifiers in the Spell Grammar(duration as the example), then put a shape in the spell grammar after that, you will be able to put the modifier in again. However, you can still put it in the Shape Group, allowing you to get up to 6 modifiers of the same type, allowing for some interesting stacking. (In the case of a 6 duration-boosted Zone, it lasts for I don't actually know how long, but a 5 duration-boosted one lasts 10 minutes of real time.)
Due to this being put after Shape Group, only modifiers that affect shapes can really work.
To my knowledge, the following modifiers stack:
-Bounce, Duration, Gravity, Piercing, Range, Rune Procs, Speed, Prosperity
(Solar and Lunar also stack, where applicable.)
To my knowledge, ones that do not stack:
-Radius
All others affect spell components, not shapes, and therefore do not actually do anything when you stack them like this.
A particularly powerful(and useful) spell I have made with this is:
Phylactery:
-Zone
-Duration x6(using the method I just described)
-Self
-Chrono Anchor
This effectively sets your 'life' to when you cast it, and if you die anytime throughout the spell, will simply return you there. There's no need to put Duration on the chrono anchor, because it's applied every second of the really long time. This also makes it incredibly difficult to counter. The mana cost is a measly 39.69(no burnout), which, for a spell this powerful, is incredibly low.
A second spell I created using this method(I have a fondness of long lasting zone spells, they seem to be quite powerful for their cost)
Gigadrill(probably a lame name but whatever):
-Projectile
-Zone
-Duration x5
-Zone
-Duration x3
-Gravity x3
-Area of Effect
-Dig
-Mining Power x3
This basically creates a 3x3 drill that goes downward wherever the projectile lands, constantly breaking downward until it hits bedrock. It costs a mere 75 mana for the initial cast, and will remain for 10 minutes after casting, which allows the drill to go down pretty far, as well as break anything placed inside for the duration of the spell. Can be quite useful, especially for clearing out a really tall area, or demolishing a tower. This can be used for griefing, but please don't be that guy. Nobody likes that guy. :(
Before attempting a duration x6 or x5 anything, I recommend trying it on a singleplayer world, simply because if something goes horridly wrong with the casting, you can end it simply by shutting down the world and bringing it up again.
EDIT: Found out how long the x6 lasts; it seems to last 15 minutes.
This method still works with the newest Ars Magica 2 version(version 1.4.0.009), and for any creative minds out there, I recommend experimenting with it, see what you can do. :)
EDIT 2: Sextupling a modifier as listed above no longer works. :c

Last edited:
Reactions: LivingAngryCheese
T

TinkeringSalad

I managed to create a fairly expensive spell in an attempt to make a mana generating spell, using the method from my previous post.
Arcane Battery:
-Projectile
-Zone
-Duration x5
-Area of Effect
-Radius x3
-Summon (Make sure you use a Dark Mage phylactery. It's ideal, and what I'm basing my statistics off of)
-Mana Drain
-Magic Damage
This makes a 10-minute area where you fired the projectile, creating a large number of dark mages per second, draining mana from them, then immediately killing them. Because this all happens in the same spell effect, it doesn't count towards the summon limit and can be used without inhibiting yourself. It's costly, at 29,868.53 mana. However, the zone(without any entities being inside it, that would boost the amount of summons and drain) will generate about 3000 mana per second, allowing the spell to pay for itself in 10 seconds, with another 9 minutes 50 seconds of mana generation.
Making this spell requires a pretty high-modifier supporting Crafting Altar, but I'd say it's well worth it. The total amount of mana generated by this spell(without being enhanced by entities standing in the zone) is 1,800,000 mana over 10 minutes.
A second spell I had created with a very notably low mana cost, still using the modifier shenanigans.
Persistent Storm:
-Zone
-Duration x6
-Zone
-Duration x3
-Self
-Thunderstorm
This makes it begin to rain and strike quite a bit of lightning around you every second for quite a long time. If you play on a server where people find lightning annoying, I don't recommend using this. The cost for this spell is insanely cheap because of the way Storm is designed, and costs the second lowest mana I know in existence at 7.49 mana to initiate. It costs no mana to maintain since it's a zone, and doesn't burnout you at all or cost extra mana. However, the spell strikes the lightning in the general vicinity of you, and can(and probably will at least once over the course of the spell) strike you. I recommend having some type of defensive spell up to protect you against this.
(The lowest mana cost I know of is 0, either from Life Tap only effects or having enough Arcane Affinity and gaining the Clarity buff.)
EDIT: Tried making a new spell recently to see if I can make another mana generation spell without having to go through the crafting process(because I tend to mess around in Creative mode), and managed to make something pretty useful:
Arcane Flood:
-Zone
-Duration x6
-Self
-Shield
-Buff Power x3
-Life Tap
-Damage x3
-Heal
-Healing x3
This makes a long-lasting zone that, every second, will give you a large amount of damage reduction and 20,000 mana, and make you take 2.5 hearts of damage. Every third pulse, it heals you to full and takes 2.5 hearts off again. This costs 6,599.08 mana, which is far cheaper than the other spell listed above. However, it forces you to play a balancing game with your health, so it's far riskier than the other mana generation spell above. To put it simply, use this one either if you know you can't get hit, or use it in conjunction with my Phylactery spell from my previous post. In total, this spell gives a total of 18 million mana over the course of 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: LivingAngryCheese