Arcane Infusion... Something's not right...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Even high instability infusion can be reliably done if you have some extra required items and replace them as soon as they are destroyed/knocked down.

Anyone knows how far stability+boosting items works and from how far distance altar can suck essentia?

I will post shamelessly my tutorial on this exact topic.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Even high instability infusion can be reliably done if you have some extra required items and replace them as soon as they are destroyed/knocked down.

Anyone knows how far stability+boosting items works and from how far distance altar can suck essentia?
I just use hoppers on the pedestals and put extra items in those. Works like a charm!
And there is no limit, a 7x7 layer of candles under the altar gets rid of most, if not all instability. Or just use orderly lamps

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess I'm overkill. I have a 13x13 candle/head square beneath my altar. Haven't had any instability yet at all, though.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess I'm overkill. I have a 13x13 candle/head square beneath my altar. Haven't had any instability yet at all, though.
It's not. 150 items is, according to what I've read, what you need to get rid of all instability. I'm at 11x11 and indeed had some instability on my recent Kami infusions.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
it is so easy to make candles that throwing 20 by 20 under altar isn't a problem really, that's what I usually do.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
sure, but my infusion altar is on a natura redwood tree branch, going 20x20 would make it awkward design-wise =)
I guess I'll go with a second layer for the rest to bring it up to > 150.

Talwin_silverhaw

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to make the silverwood wand core, and I have 4 layers of 17x17 crystals (2 layers above, and 2 layers below) but the infusion fails EVERY time. Think I have a glitch? I have successfully done infusions on other worlds I made, with far fewer stabilizers. any idea how to rectify this?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to make the silverwood wand core, and I have 4 layers of 17x17 crystals (2 layers above, and 2 layers below) but the infusion fails EVERY time. Think I have a glitch? I have successfully done infusions on other worlds I made, with far fewer stabilizers. any idea how to rectify this?

I have less than half that number of stabilizers and have been making Eldritch Eyes and Primal Staff Cores with no instability induced problems at all.

If yours is failing with such a simple infusion then... its a glitch or you've misunderstood some other aspect of infusion altar stability in a big way. screenshots?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I make sure my altar is 100 percent stable before doing any infusions. The Symcalc mod helps with this, it usually takes about two stacks of heads beneath the altar.

Reactions: Pyure

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Symcalc is the bomb!

@op are the items actually symetrical, if not you actually make things worse.
Symcalc showed me this, I had an array of 20 something candles and one was off by a block and it lowered my stability by 2 points. Also the same goes with the pedestals, don't place the item's symmetrically and you can significantly impact the stability of the altar. Makes those items with an odd number an absolute pain in the balls.
Replace your stability thingos and make damn sure they are symetrical. (Im remimded of Soul Eaters, the Kid Death character would love that thing)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ljfa

Talwin_silverhaw

Jul 29, 2019
@Chris Becke 2015-08-06_07.33.12.png
2015-08-06_07.33.12.png

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Try setting the middle set of pedestals back by another block (3 from the pillars) to make more of a circlish thang. The existing corners look OK.
I only have 24 stabilizers in place and haven't had problems...yet.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I think the crystals above the matrix might be too high. They look less than 5m above but the angle makes it hard to be sure.

There is much more latitude for stabilization items below the altar. 10m below the matrix.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The first thing that comes to mind is placement of the items. It's much better to have an item opposite an item, rather than an empty pedastal.

In most infusions one odd pair is unavoidable, but you want to avoid this as much as possible. Other than that I can't see anything that would obviously destablise the infusion.