Arcane Infusion... Something's not right...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The simplest way to stabilize the infusion alter is to dig below it, and place a 7x7 grid of candles. This effectively nullifies all flux effects from minimal to moderate instability infusions. Place the candles in a 2high space, and you can upgrade the stabilization in the future by putting crystal clusters on the "roof".

You do NOT need crystal clusters near research tables - bookshelves will cause all research points to generate bonus points. The bonus points belong to the table, so can be used by any player, and can't be used to directly purchase research. They are not particularly useful, but you can make multiple research tables to get multiple bonus points faster.

Otherwise, the deconstruction table, fed workbenches, will make all research points in relatively equal ratios except for ignis. Luckilly ignis is hardly needed to purchase research, or to construct complex aspects so you should not run out anyway.

* If you have TC addons installed, expect to require many more research points as the addons usually add a lot of expensive research, without adding an equivalent number of items that grant research points.

** There are research calculators online that can show you relatively optimal ways to link any two aspects. google for 'tcresearch'.

Reactions: Tylor

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
When I infuse stuff, I always back up my game. If you need to know how to, open up two folders, in one search for either .minecraft on windows 8 or if you have earlier versions, search %appdata%. When you get to your .minecraft folder, go to saves. In the other folder you have open, you can name it whatever you want, but copy and paste your save into the folder. If something ever goes wrong, you can just copy and paste your backup save into your saves file and everything is back to normal.
A bit overcautious lol
It's not like your save could be destroyed by that, or at least I didn't see that happen yet.

Btw, are wither skeleton skulls more effective in preventing instability than other things?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
When I infuse stuff, I always back up my game. If you need to know how to, open up two folders, in one search for either .minecraft on windows 8 or if you have earlier versions, search %appdata%. When you get to your .minecraft folder, go to saves. In the other folder you have open, you can name it whatever you want, but copy and paste your save into the folder. If something ever goes wrong, you can just copy and paste your backup save into your saves file and everything is back to normal.
* twitch twitch twitch *[DOUBLEPOST=1403200524][/DOUBLEPOST]
A bit overcautious lol
It's not like your save could be destroyed by that, or at least I didn't see that happen yet.

Btw, are wither skeleton skulls more effective in preventing instability than other things?
All skulls, candles, crystals, they all have equivalent values in stabalizing. Just make a 7x7 grid of candles under the altar.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
&=n e.g. A&W= A N W
Wait
And?
Banned?
Yup. You got it! ...The second one in there, but it's Ban. Say it aloud and it makes more sense. B and. The d makes it sound like it could be banned, but there is no extra e sound in there, so B& just means Ban. B an(and the d that adds nothing of use).

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Even high instability infusion can be reliably done if you have some extra required items and replace them as soon as they are destroyed/knocked down.

Anyone knows how far stability+boosting items works and from how far distance altar can suck essentia?

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019

We love you even withot Robin :p

Many people consider it cheating to do that and you can't do it on server. Also I think that over last half a year OP managed to figure out what to do.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Even high instability infusion can be reliably done if you have some extra required items and replace them as soon as they are destroyed/knocked down.

Anyone knows how far stability+boosting items works and from how far distance altar can suck essentia?
And insane instability is still easy with 5 orderly lamps, even if one ignores symmetry(in theory, anyway. May take more then 5 if one plays willy nilly with symmetry and the lack thereof).