Aqueous Accumulator just stopped producing water

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

robbversion1

Jul 29, 2019
So I had my AA hooked up to my fermenter and combustion engine and it had no problem pumping out water. All of a sudden I see the water icons on the fermenter slowly going down. So i check both and they ran out of water. I checked my AA and it wasnt producing water at an extremely slow rate. The same rate as if it wasnt next to at least two sources of water. I picked it up and put it back down, still no go. Only way I was able to get it working again was by moving the water to different sides before it started producing again.

Is there some sort of bug where it just stops working all of sudden? Just dont want it to happen again and cuz my combustion engines to go kablooey

edit: i also have a chunk loader near by just incase someone was wondering.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
I had a small play around with theses, Atmospheric? (eekk spelling not gonna check it) Do you have a water supply close by? Or is it just grabbing it from thin air?
IRL a desert would have less in the air than a Rainforest so to speak.
Maybe the zone your in dos not have enough water in the air to fill your device.
Just a thought.

Arathoren

Jul 29, 2019
AA's cannot output from the front, can they use a water source block from the face side? Maybe you turned your AA by mistake?

dc0110

Jul 29, 2019
I was getting this before, so I set up a tank as a buffer, just in case.
I think liquiducts do funny things every no and again.
try BC pipes

robbversion1

Jul 29, 2019
ok so heres the thing; i was using only gold bc pipes (havent gotten around to liquiducts yet), i had the aa in a hole in the ground so there was no redstone signals anywhere near, and the water source were to the left and right (double checked and dug it out just to make sure.

I cant explain why or how it happened. As an extra precaution i put a third source behind it. I went to bed woke up and everything is fine.

Heres how it looks now

2013-02-22_092200.png

2013-02-22_092228.png

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
They can get water through their face.

First time i have heard of an issue with them. Could it be on a chunk border? Maybe one of the source blocks is in a different chunk from the machine. If that chunk unloads the machine might go into air mode and then when the chunk comes back there may be no block updates, so it stays in air mode.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into something that might be related.

My combustion engines are always set up right on top of an AA, no pipes inbetween. AAs are cheap enough to build one per engine and save server load from liquid pipes. I used to use a setup like this (top-down view, number of engines varies):

Code:
W W W W W
A A A A A
W W W W W
A A A A A
W W W W W

W = water
A = accumulator with an engine on top
And a line of waterproof pipes with oil and gates for control through the middle. The engines are outputting into conduits into a redstone cell.

I've had this blown up four times in different places so far. None of the exploded setups were on a chunk boundary or near one. All the incidents had something in common though: one water block was missing. I don't think explosions can destroy water blocks. I can see two possibilities: Either some bug or unexpected interaction causes the water blocks to drain (and stop the AAs from providing water), or an enderman dropped a block in the water. The enderman theory seems highly unlikely. Moreover, one time this happened on a server with mob griefing off. I have fixed it by building like this:

Code:
W W W W W W W
W A A A A A W
W W W W W W W
W A A A A A W
W W W W W W W

In this way all water blocks are infinite sources, so if any unknown occurrence causes one to disappear, it will immediately be refilled. I have never had any explosions since I did that.

I have not been able to replicate this in controlled circumstances with an AA outputting into a void water pipe over many days, so I suspect this has something to do with engines.

robbversion1

Jul 29, 2019
I checked and not the chunk border. the aa and water are almost next to the middle of the chunk

Mob griefing is turned off so they wouldnt be able to place a block. I think it might be a bug where the water source is visible but the aa does not register it, which explains why picking the water up and placing it back down seemed to fix it. The setup you have there will work i might have to look into it so i can run my combustion engines without worrying about explosions

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
I personally always make it a point to surround the AA with water on all sides except the top for piping.
They can be a bit finicky, So i do what i do to always make sure it'll be spitting out water.

Never had a problem since i started doing thus.

Arathoren

Jul 29, 2019
I would have to agree with Dackstrus and since AA's are easy to make there's no harm in making your water pit a little bigger than the footprint of your engines/boilers.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
I have never heard of this happening until now and have never experienced it myself, so hrm. Nothing changed in the code. Chunk boundaries could mess it up, and depending on how laggy the server is, it could take a few seconds for the AA to register the adjacent water sources (it doesn't constantly scan, that would be horrible).

thesonofdarwin

Jul 29, 2019
I've had some issues with water in general recently. Inability to bucket source blocks. Bucket scoops and scoops but can not pick it up. I have to go get another source block and replace it. If I run into it while I'm thinking about this I'll try placing an AA next to the phantom block to see if it's recognized.