Applied energistics question

matvanbeer

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question. For example i get too much cobblestone from my quarry. I let it autoimport all into my system. But let's say i want only want 10stacks of cobblestone in my system and i let the rest go to somewhere else. Maybe the block that sacrifices items to get singularities (I don't mine knowing the name of this item is someone happens to know). So does anyone have a good way to achieve this?

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
you can put a precise export bus onto the singularity creator with a high priority (just set it to 100 or something similar), then point a level emitter at it set to 640 cobblestone. Set the export bus to be active with a redstone signal. So, if your system has less than 640 cobble, the bus will be inactive. However, once you go over 640 cobble, it will activate the bus and start sending all the extra cobble into the singularity creator (or whatever else you want to send it to).

Reactions: draeath

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
though, now that I'm thinking more about it, I'll have to test that and see if it actually works...if there is more space in whatever is already storing the cobble...that space might take priority since there is already cobble there.

So, another way that would work is to format a 1K disk to accept cobble only, and put that disk into a drive set with a higher priority. Then put a storage bus set with a lower priority onto the singularity creator set to store cobble. That would work as well :), except it will store more than 10 stacks before it starts eating them.

matvanbeer

Jul 29, 2019
Ye that can be neat too, I'll probably use this one, let me know something if you tested it. The 10 stacks was only an example though. I would need some 1k disks, like cobble, dirt, gravel, wood , ...

I have an idea myself. If you have factorisation you can use barrels. Have a barrel for each one with the highest priority, then a lower priority to the singularity creator and( still higher than your system) when the barrels are connected with your ME network you should be able to take from it through your terminal or am I mistaking?

matvanbeer

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I tried it. I have a barrel with a storage bus (priority 64) then i have a storage bus (priority 63) at my condenser (singularity maker) and my AE system is priority 1 . Though if the barrel is full, it goes in the barrel first, but after that it goes in the AE system again(i still have stone in there) might that be the problem?

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
if there is one in the ae system that is why it's going in there. Existing space will always be top priority if there is some in there already

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
I too have a question that fits in this topic, so I'll go ahead and add mine here as well.

I have looked around on DW20s videos, but I can't find where he does this. I want to have a certain amount of, lets say glass, in the AE system, at all times. If a recipe pulls X glass, it refills again. I have tried to make it work, but I just can't find the solution on my own.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I too have a question that fits in this topic, so I'll go ahead and add mine here as well.

I have looked around on DW20s videos, but I can't find where he does this. I want to have a certain amount of, lets say glass, in the AE system, at all times. If a recipe pulls X glass, it refills again. I have tried to make it work, but I just can't find the solution on my own.

you just need to put a level emitter set to x amount of glass pointing at whatever production method you are using for glass. Then it'll shut it off when it gets over x amount.

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
But hmm, what if I want several items "saved", but not used, in a chest, for the AE system to use if necessary. For example: I want at least 128 cobblestone in my system, but it keeps pulling anyway, and becomes an infinite loop. It finds cobblestone in the system and puts it in there again. Right now, I'm trying it with translocators.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
But hmm, what if I want several items "saved", but not used, in a chest, for the AE system to use if necessary. For example: I want at least 128 cobblestone in my system, but it keeps pulling anyway, and becomes an infinite loop. It finds cobblestone in the system and puts it in there again. Right now, I'm trying it with translocators.

Not really sure what you are getting at with that.

Mysteana

Jul 29, 2019
For stuff that is crafted such as glass, put an export bus onto a chest (with associated import bus) and a level emitter on the export bus. Tell the export bus to export glass in 1s and to always craft, disabled on a redstone signal. Set the level emitter to emit a redstone signal for what you want to keep, such as 2 stacks of glass. Now your ME Net will auto-craft your item until it has reached its quota. You can do the same for a lot of other purposes such as automatically blocking your ingots above a certain amount to conserve storage space or keeping a stockpile of longer to craft items such as untuned tesseracts

You can also use ME Interfaces instead of chests, or an item tesseract partnered with an interface if you want to cut down on the number of interfaces required for huge lists of quotas.