Applied Energistics Or Logistics Pipes?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

AE or LP

• Total voters

BetterGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so right now I can make a very very basic AE system. I just need nether quartz. Thanks for all of your help and news and such!

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
image.jpg

They interface with each other

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 10509
They interface with each other
I love that meme, and this is a perfect use

Also, I bet I am not the only one who always finds that they are limited not by certus quartz but by nether quartz. Maybe I would change my mind if I did bigger AE systems but I always have a huge surplus of certus quartz. In a recent direwolf20 episode, he mentioned that you should definitely use nether quartz when the two quartz types are interchangeable. What made me laugh at the time is that he actually had more certus quartz in his inventory than nether quartz, and an awesome auto miner in the overworld but not in the nether.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't have power cables AFAIK but p2p tunnels do items, liquids and Redstone signals, letting you run a near infinite different amount of liquids items and Redstone signals through a single run of AE cable. Could actually outdo bundled cable, if you needed more than 16 cables in one *_*
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

what I'm aiming for is to have item, liquid, power and redstone in an input/ouput in 1 block. best example would be EnderIO, which allows item, liquid, power, redstone and even AE to be in a 1 block space, and if you connect it to a machine, you'll have access to all of those which you can configure individually. now you may say why not use EnderIO? well, I want to be able to do this with AE itself aswell

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I love that meme, and this is a perfect use

Also, I bet I am not the only one who always finds that they are limited not by certus quartz but by nether quartz. Maybe I would change my mind if I did bigger AE systems but I always have a huge surplus of certus quartz. In a recent direwolf20 episode, he mentioned that you should definitely use nether quartz when the two quartz types are interchangeable. What made me laugh at the time is that he actually had more certus quartz in his inventory than nether quartz, and an awesome auto miner in the overworld but not in the nether.
I never run out now with my digital miner. I just drop it into the nether and target nether quartz with silk touch.

Reactions: Padfoote

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I never run out now with my digital miner. I just drop it into the nether and target nether quartz with silk touch.
I did that once and it is probably the best tool for avoiding nether quartz drought. I came to the realisation long after I finished my ME system though. I also targeted Midasium, Vulcanite and a couple of other useful goodies and felt a bit dirty afterwards with all the loot I managed. It was cool though

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I keep my AE system as small as possible. It consists only of a controller, the storage drive(s) and some crafting terminals spread over my base. All logistic functions are done with an LP network connected to several ME interfaces.
E.g. the crafting grid looks like a big raspberry of crafing cells (5x5x4 w. 10 crafting table/pipe combinations) arranged around an ME interface with provider pipe. The recipes are arranged in a way that things often crafted in a row (e.g. planks and sticks) are located in one cell. That way the distances in LP are kept as short as possible.
The ore processing line has another interface and so on.
Liquid transfer is done by LP liquid provider and supplier hooked to AE p2p tunnels.

And finally long distance transport is done by *fanfare* railcraft.

Reactions: Odovbold

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
The whole problem I find with LP is the same one I find with both turtles and SFM: it's overkill. I don't need that kind of power at my disposal, and as long as LP is reliant on BC pipes (I hear it's getting some kind of Itemduct support though) it is laggier, slower and has slightly less cross-mod support. So far I have found no practical task that LP can do and AE+another core mod can't. Hell, with just AE, TC4 and either Mek or TE3 you can fully automate infusion crafting.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Back to 50/50 we go ...

@Zenthon_127 : You know the saying: "There isn't enough ressources in Minecraft". So overkill is the way we do it:D.
Which mod isn't supported by LP that AE does support? I think it's more the other way round: E.g. Forestry is far better supported in LP and it has mod based itemsinks. Besides the Beesink, the one thing LP can do, that AE can't, is keeping a certain amount of items stocked in a certain inventory. That way you can feed one item stacker with different items, because you can configure it to only send, if four (or nine) are available.

But in the end no mod is better than the other, they're just different. Just like man and woman - both can have fun on their own, but the real thing starts in combining them in various ways:p

Reactions: filimaryus

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Back to 50/50 we go ...

@Zenthon_127 : You know the saying: "There isn't enough ressources in Minecraft". So overkill is the way we do it:D.
Which mod isn't supported by LP that AE does support? I think it's more the other way round: E.g. Forestry is far better supported in LP and it has mod based itemsinks. Besides the Beesink, the one thing LP can do, that AE can't, is keeping a certain amount of items stocked in a certain inventory. That way you can feed one item stacker with different items, because you can configure it to only send, if four (or nine) are available.

But in the end no mod is better than the other, they're just different. Just like man and woman - both can have fun on their own, but the real thing starts in combining them in various ways:p
Darn. I like both, but I like AE more for storage, and now that I have Gendustry, I don't really have any needs for LP.