Applied Energistics Or Logistics Pipes?

AE or LP

• Total voters

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I personally like logistics pipes. But AE is more computer friendly and user friendly.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Agree with Redboss. Use Applied Energistics as one big chest where you store all your stuff. Then connect a Logistics Chassis MK 2 Pipe with an Itemsink Module set to Default and a provider module to a ME Interface. That way you can build a Logistics Pipes network which is very powerful and super fun to use as well as not having to worry about storage because AE.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Agree with Redboss. Use Applied Energistics as one big chest where you store all your stuff. Then connect a Logistics Chassis MK 2 Pipe with an Itemsink Module set to Default and a provider module to a ME Interface. That way you can build a Logistics Pipes network which is very powerful and super fun to use as well as not having to worry about storage because AE.
This. I much prefer the logistics pipes for the actual routing of items. Much more flexible then AE, where say if you want to keep an inventory stocked with a certain amount of something, you need a whole sub network and everything. With logistics pipes, you throw down a supplier pipe and set it, and you're done.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics if your main priority is making something that works. Logistics Pipes if you prefer to make something awesome, but less efficient.

Also where's the option for plain Buildcraft controlled by computers?

Reactions: abculatter_2

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
if only the functions of logistic pipes could be added into Applied Energistics... AE is very efficient, but LP has alot of very useful functions
it'd also be awesome if AE could add some functions from EnderIO aswell, I'd love to be able to run item, power, liquid and redstone signals through one face of a block

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
c26809e3a038ae40c48384056be3891a0adcbf3ea2d13053e5ca83d8deb93798.jpg

...Seriously, they work great together.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Agree with Yusunoha. I tend to set up a Logistic Pipes system with an ore doubling setup first. Then I make a quarry and have it do all the work for me while my Logistics system sorts it all for me. After that, I use the materials from the quarry to set up an AE system.

Reactions: Padfoote

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
The logistics pipes team are busy adding in Thermal Expansion Itemduct support for their pipes, and I have heard mutterings that they are moving towards removing buildcraft dependency entirely (although if that is true then I bet there are other people here that know more about it than I do). I have played with it a little bit and it worked nicely but I didn't have time to test extensively and I imagine it is still buggy. It is cool though and maybe it will reduce the impact of LP based systems on system resources.

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
if only the functions of logistic pipes could be added into Applied Energistics... AE is very efficient, but LP has alot of very useful functions
it'd also be awesome if AE could add some functions from EnderIO aswell, I'd love to be able to run item, power, liquid and redstone signals through one face of a block

It doesn't have power cables AFAIK but p2p tunnels do items, liquids and Redstone signals, letting you run a near infinite different amount of liquids items and Redstone signals through a single run of AE cable. Could actually outdo bundled cable, if you needed more than 16 cables in one *_*

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Completely forgot about this when I first posted, but if you use AE, I recommend having Extra Cells installed, since that enables direct liquid storage / crafting with AE.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
The funnest thing to do is use LP and PR Transportation for movement of items and AP along with Extra Cells and Thaumic Integration for storage of your various items. Personally my system is a little over the top because it involves storage aspects from tons of different mods (ex quantnum tank & chest from Gregtech along with Deep Storage from Minefactory reloaded JABBA and Factorization Barrels etc.) Just use whatever fits the time and play how you wanna play, in my opinion your system should not be based on one single thing for every aspect.

Reactions: casilleroatr

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
The logistics pipes team are busy adding in Thermal Expansion Itemduct support for their pipes, and I have heard mutterings that they are moving towards removing buildcraft dependency entirely (although if that is true then I bet there are other people here that know more about it than I do). I have played with it a little bit and it worked nicely but I didn't have time to test extensively and I imagine it is still buggy. It is cool though and maybe it will reduce the impact of LP based systems on system resources.

I also heard about this and I'm quite exited. Also, I think they are considering making an system entirely of their own