Applied Energistics Automation

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
So I actually was able to live in a Minecraft world long enough to reach the end game of end game Applied Energistics! (I tend to meet some unfortunate bug or crash that destroys my world before I reach end game. :\ ) So I'm setting up Applied Energistics in place of my Logistic Pipes network and was just wondering if there was a way to enact something similar to the Logistic Supplier and Provider Pipes. I've also heard some people say that they've cross-modded Logistic Pipes and AE together, but I can't seem to figure that out. Thanks in advance!

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You can use export buses to output things like coal into furnaces or ore's into processing machines. It will never overflow and always keep it full. You need to upgrade past the basic export bus and it will have a GUI. You can set up redstone behaviour, single/stack mode, and item filtering. The fuzzy ones can read damage values. If you want to access an inventory such as a chest or barrel, use a ME storage bus. It also has several settings. This allows items to go in and out of an inventory while showing in the ME system, even though the items are not.

ME interface can also output to machines. You make patterns like you would for the assembly chamber, but they go in the ME interface. There are useful for things like glass or other items you want to make as you need them. Place the interface next to a furnace with a pattern for sand-glass. I would suggest making it 16-16 or 32-32 so it makes a bunch instead of sending 1 at a time to the furnace. Now you will have glass showing in your ME system as craftable. Interfaces are great for inserting recipes into machines for auto crafting/processing. They are also the best way to input from a quarry. A tesseract will feed directly into them.

Last edited:

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
You can use export buses to output things like coal into furnaces or ore's into processing machines. It will never overflow and always keep it full. You need to upgrade past the basic export bus and it will have a GUI. You can set up redstone behaviour, single/stack mode, and item filtering. The fuzzy ones can read damage values. If you want to access an inventory such as a chest or barrel, use a ME storage bus. It also has several settings. This allows items to go in and out of an inventory while showing in the ME system, even though the items are not.

ME interface can also output to machines. You make patterns like you would for the assembly chamber, but they go in the ME interface. There are useful for things like glass or other items you want to make as you need them. Place the interface next to a furnace with a pattern for sand-glass. I would suggest making it 16-16 or 32-32 so it makes a bunch instead of sending 1 at a time to the furnace. Now you will have glass showing in your ME system as craftable. Interfaces are great for inserting recipes into machines for auto crafting/processing. They are also the best way to input from a quarry. A tesseract will feed directly into them.
The ME Storage Bus is a really good idea and I'll keep that in mind. Also, just to clarify something. Can I put an ME Interface (connected to my AE network naturally) onto a MFR Breeder and have it supply a constant amount of wheat to the Breeder?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics Pipes and AE can indeed co-operate, using the interface with a specific couple of the logistics pipes, namely the provider pipe will let the LP network treat the AE system as storage that it can access. One of the other pipes lets AE access LP stored items too, but I can't remember which off the top of my head

The ME Storage Bus is a really good idea and I'll keep that in mind. Also, just to clarify something. Can I put an ME Interface (connected to my AE network naturally) onto a MFR Breeder and have it supply a constant amount of wheat to the Breeder?

No, the export config of an interface will only keep the items in its own inventory for quick access by the likes of itemducts etc, but will not 'push' the items out to an adjacent inventory or piping system by itself

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics Pipes and AE can indeed co-operate, using the interface with a specific couple of the logistics pipes, namely the provider pipe will let the LP network treat the AE system as storage that it can access. One of the other pipes lets AE access LP stored items too, but I can't remember which off the top of my head

No, the export config of an interface will only keep the items in its own inventory for quick access by the likes of itemducts etc, but will not 'push' the items out to an adjacent inventory or piping system by itself
All right then scrap that idea of mine. But then which component of my AE system do I put my Provider pipe on? I'm guessing the Drive. Will try out at soonest opportunity. Thanks! :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can I put an ME Interface (connected to my AE network naturally) onto a MFR Breeder and have it supply a constant amount of wheat to the Breeder?
The easiest way of doing this is to just add a export bus to the breeder programmed with the wheat, carrots, seeds etc. "Prime" the Breeder with a stack of each and fill the rest with cobble or something. Or just let it be filled with wheat, it wont spill out once filled.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
All right then scrap that idea of mine. But then which component of my AE system do I put my Provider pipe on? I'm guessing the Drive. Will try out at soonest opportunity. Thanks! :)
If you really need to keep a specific amounts of items in a certain inventory, I suppose you could set a ME interface to stock some of the items and then use LP pipes to pull from the interface into the inventory.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
1st: AE cannot fully simulate a supplier pipe. It is impossible to keep a certain amount of items stacked in a specific inventory. Even level emitter and subsystems are only cruches that fail as soon as the crafting of an item takes more than some ticks.
2nd: LP and AE are best connected by a MKII with itemsink and provider module and a request pipe to an ME interface. The request pipe makes LP fully accessible for AE including any crafting; the provider ans itemsink module make AE acessible for LP.
3rd: LP cannot use the crafting in AE. This is due to the different approach from both systems. LP does a simulation first to calculate all the needed materials, AE just starts crafting.
4th: AE itself can't handle liquids. Maybe it's possible to send the LP liquid container item thingies through an AE system but I didn't try, yet.
5th: AE can transfer LP power so you can group several LP subsystems around an AE central bus and still need only one LP power provider.
6th: never connect two systems at more than one point. Several subsystems are valid, but each subsystem should only connect once to the main system. Otherwise there will be unforseeable efects.

I'd suggest you combine both systems. LP is a logistics system and AE is a storage system. Both can craft, but do it different with the corresponding (dis-)advantages. I haven't found the best combination, yet, but I'm still searching. ATM I have AE for storage, internal crafting(crafting core) and manual access (ME crafting interface) and LP for the rest. The drawbacks are I cannot access autocrafting from a remote orderer and things need time to zip through the buildcraft pipes from A to B.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the tunnel. Passing things from A to B is not really 'handling'. Any fluid pipe could do that.;)

I normally have the following setting: some producer with provider pipes, then a storage with supplier and provider and last several consumer with supplier. So all the production goes to the consumer or (if full) to the storage. If the consumer needs more than production can deliver, the fuel is pulled from storage. If you want to do that setting with P2P tunnels you'll go nuts.:D

[edit]Nevertheless I'll give it a try because my base currently spans over ten chunks (many domes connected by hallways) and LP takes more and more time to bring me the items I want. The main reason to run the backbone on LP was the ability to bring fluids everywhere I want without extra piping. P2P tunnel combined with fluid provider/supplier would allow me that, too[/edit]

Last edited:

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
1st: AE cannot fully simulate a supplier pipe. It is impossible to keep a certain amount of items stacked in a specific inventory. Even level emitter and subsystems are only cruches that fail as soon as the crafting of an item takes more than some ticks.
2nd: LP and AE are best connected by a MKII with itemsink and provider module and a request pipe to an ME interface. The request pipe makes LP fully accessible for AE including any crafting; the provider ans itemsink module make AE acessible for LP.
3rd: LP cannot use the crafting in AE. This is due to the different approach from both systems. LP does a simulation first to calculate all the needed materials, AE just starts crafting.
4th: AE itself can't handle liquids. Maybe it's possible to send the LP liquid container item thingies through an AE system but I didn't try, yet.
5th: AE can transfer LP power so you can group several LP subsystems around an AE central bus and still need only one LP power provider.
6th: never connect two systems at more than one point. Several subsystems are valid, but each subsystem should only connect once to the main system. Otherwise there will be unforseeable efects.

I'd suggest you combine both systems. LP is a logistics system and AE is a storage system. Both can craft, but do it different with the corresponding (dis-)advantages. I haven't found the best combination, yet, but I'm still searching. ATM I have AE for storage, internal crafting(crafting core) and manual access (ME crafting interface) and LP for the rest. The drawbacks are I cannot access autocrafting from a remote orderer and things need time to zip through the buildcraft pipes from A to B.
So I tried to connect any Logistics Pipe to my ME Access Terminal, but found that it wasn't connecting. But it is connecting to the Drive, but won't interact with any Logistic Pipes network that I set up. Anyone know if this is a bug or if I just need to update my version of AE / Logistic Pipes? I am currently using the latest Recommended version (1.0.12 I believe) of the DW20 pack.

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
You've been given this answer multiple times, read the replies. ME interface lets AE and LP systems to co-operate.