Applied Energistics automation question 1.5.1

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Right so the situation is I'm looking at the automation side of the mod and enjoying it, however I have a question.

Well, while the ability to automatically craft a lot of things it's somewhat annoying that I can't automate the creation of tesseracts completely. Is there a way (cheating or otherwise I don't care) to get AE to recognize that to build a tesseract it needs to send 4 ender pearls to the magma crucible, and the empty cell to the liquid transposer?

VictorFox

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you create empty cell first, and then establish it as part of the tesseract recipe in import tube pointing into liquid transposer?

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I personally handle this by having a unique crucible and transposer pair for every liquid type needed in a recipe. If you involve Redpower or Buildcraft, with an intermediate chest, it is possible to do what you have asked. Interface with recipe beside the chest, Buildcraft diamond pipe or Redpower sorting machine to split the materials.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Not entirely sure what you mean but, with the ME Interface I can put recipes in there similar to the autocrafting multiblock, I have already set up a glass making section (cobble to sand and sand to glass) and an invar section which work well. I can tell the system to send an empty cell to the transposer for filling and pickup a full cell and I can tell the system to send some redstone or ender pearls to the crucible for melting, what I can't do (or figure out how to) is get the system to recognize that when I want a tesseract or redstone cell that it needs to send X redstone or pearls to the magma crucible.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Make a shapeless pattern with an unfilled tesseract or energy cell frame and 4 ender pearls or 16(?) redstone dust. Put the pattern in an interface beside a chest. Have a Redpower sorting machine pull the materials out and send the pearls/dusts to the crucible, and the frame to the transposer. Then have an import bus or a second interface next to the transposer to take the result back into the network.

This works because AE isn't looking for a specific machine to do the job - it just follows the instructions in the pattern and then waits for the result to enter the network. You can use this method for many other machines too, like Gregtech's blast furnace (practically every machine in the mod needs this with AE).

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
ok cool I understand that, unfortunately no redpower in 1.5.1 yet (playing with a pack that I put together, very similar mods to ultimate) so I'll make a buildcraft equivalent of the suggested system :)

Thanks for the help.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
No problem. As I mentioned earlier, my preferred method is to have a unique crucible/transposer pair for each liquid, and keep them filled up by an export bus. This saves some time since I don't have to wait for the magma crucible to melt things down first, and actually uses the same or less space than the Redpower/Buildcraft alternative.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
- Magma cruicible with liquid transposer to the right of it
- ME Export pipe on crucible with ender pearl in export pipe interface
- ME Interface on Liq Transposer with recipe in (minus any ender pearl mention)

Yes ok this is a simple way and yes it will use all your ender pearls up until the liquid transposer is full, then it will fill the magma crucible and keep 16 pearls in it. But it makes for an immediate fill to any tesseract you send to the LT and lets face it, if you play with MFR or Soul Shards you can make an enderman farm and have gazillions of pearls.

Reactions: SkyBoy96