Applied Energistics and Logistics Pipes

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jangofet54

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,

So i just watched the latest Direwolf20 Season 6 lp, and i was wondering if there was a way to recreate the functionality of his Logistics Pipe system, but instead of all his items being stored in chests they would find their way in to an AE network and could be autocrafted in said AE network.

The biggest thing I'm looking for is to save space by using the AE AutoCrafter, and the AE compression, but still have the ability to dump my inventory into a chest or chests (i have a big hose so im probably going to have multiple places to dump my inventory) and to still have it able to be sent to me via ender pouches or something comparable

If u need me to clarify on something let me know

Any ideas are appreciated, ty

I'm a derp, i didn't remember about the ME interface, soo i guess i can get my LP and AE to talk to one another, but im still trying to figure out how i can just throw everything into a chest and get it to send everything to the ae network for storage

Bgraywolf

Jul 29, 2019
I have that very setup working now in my world.

Setup AE and place an interface down with a basic logistics pipe or Item sync module set to default route ( You can also use a polymorphic item sync module ). Attach a provider pipe and the LP system will see all the items in your AE network and will happily pull them for use with LP crafting. Additionally, AE auto crafting will recognize any LP crafters you have configured if you slap a requester pipe on the interface as well (although it will not work the other way around) .

Reactions: jokermatt999

Jangofet54

Jul 29, 2019
@Bgraywolf thank you sir soo very much, with the item sync module i can place all of my stuff in one chest and have it sent to my AE network, although I'm going to have to rework my autocraft, I was hoping to use my LP network to remote order solar pannels and have my ae autocrafter make them and send them to the remote orderer then into an enderchest to wherever i am in the minecraft world

O Well.

THANK YOU SOO VERY MUCH GOOD SIR

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
davboecki stated recently in the mincraft forums thread that they still working of that problem. The main issue is the different ways the systems do their crafting.
In LP all needed steps to finish an autocraft are calculated first and then done in the right order. This is mainly to save time because the items have to be actually moved to and fro in the network (e.g. several branches of the craft need wood planks so all planks are made at once).
In AE its different. Starting from the original craft, each component is requested seperately and so a kind of call stack is built up.
That's why LP can and AE cannot say at the beginning of the process if and what items are missing to complete.
Now if you're combining both you will end in an endless loop as soon as autocrafting from both systems is involved (LP needs a part from AE which needs again a part from LP).

In my setup I have an AE system as storage and internal autocrafting (MAC) core. Built around that is a LP system that handles external autocrafting (furnaces, sawmill, carpenter, stacker and the like) and liquid providing (fuel for the boiler, steam for the steam oven, lava for TiCo smeltery). Both are connected with a MKII with provider and item sink module and a request pipe hooked to a ME interface.
I had the autocrafting fully in LP earlier, but honestly the request table is pain in the ass so I switched that to AE and a crafting terminal. The only drawback is that I have no access to internal autocrafting by remote orderer.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
O lo, sorry to chip in late but you seem to be where i am and i wanted to know some stuff that you met be able (or not) to tell me. Sidorion, it sounds though your setup is close (if not the same to mine) i've skipped the LP automation and implemented the MAC. however, i'm finding that even though the MAC knows how to build something. It's not sending the item to the LP requesting the item. any help?

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
LP cannot, by any means, autocraft in AE. This is due to the different approach to autocrafting. See my post above yours.

Nevertheless, there IS a way to access the MAC with LP. You have to set up your ME interface to provide a certain amount of items you want to be able to craft in AE and set it to autocraft. That way, LP can take out the provided items and the ME-interface recrafts them. The cost of this setting is, that you have several items crafted that you cannot use (the ones just crafted in AE and not yet requested from LP). This can become very costly (e.g. if you provide tesseracts to the LP system).

In AE2 there will be a crafting queue as well and maybe then LP will be able to craft in AE. We'll have to wait and see.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
Yup noticed. Makes a very disappointing integration. I'd like them to work together and that's seemingly difficult with the half asredness of it. I suppose making a load of interfaces works out, until you add a tesseract. Good to know. Looks like mods to 1.7 is nicely on its way so we'll see what happens there. Thanks for the reply.

Smile.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you simply do the autocrafting in LP? That way both systems can access the autocrafting.
LP isn't THAT much slower than AE, especially for complicated recipes with muliple crafting steps.
The MAC serializes the crafting, so e.g. for a shovel he has to craft four planks from a log, four sticks from two planks and finally one shovel from two sticks and a cobble, no problem. But if you want 40 shovels? It'll still craft four planks and then four sticks. Then it crafts two shovels and then another four sticks and two shovels then again four planks four sticks and so on.
A LP system simply would craft 40 planks, 80 sticks and 40 shovels. And it will even start crafting the sticks and the shovels bevore it's finished crafting planks, so the different steps are running simultaneously.
The time you loose for travel in the pipes you win back in the crafting tables and the crafting routing calculation in LP, especially with the MKII or MKIII.

goooberlious

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you simply do the autocrafting in LP? That way both systems can access the autocrafting.
LP isn't THAT much slower than AE, especially for complicated recipes with muliple crafting steps.
The MAC serializes the crafting, so e.g. for a shovel he has to craft four planks from a log, four sticks from two planks and finally one shovel from two sticks and a cobble, no problem. But if you want 40 shovels? It'll still craft four planks and then four sticks. Then it crafts two shovels and then another four sticks and two shovels then again four planks four sticks and so on.
A LP system simply would craft 40 planks, 80 sticks and 40 shovels. And it will even start crafting the sticks and the shovels bevore it's finished crafting planks, so the different steps are running simultaneously.
The time you loose for travel in the pipes you win back in the crafting tables and the crafting routing calculation in LP, especially with the MKII or MKIII.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/984/20130129234611.png

that is why people want AE's autocrafting over LP's crafting...but have LP sorting and requesting and such....

edit: ops, sorry for the necro of sorts.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
You can have it easy or you can have it cool. decide yourself.
But be ware: "If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice."

goooberlious

Jul 29, 2019
An AE system can pull from a logistics network to do crafting it and the. Be pulled out by the AE system?

You would think a mod with so much integration with anther partner mod would be able to do this. Le sigh....I guess one can still dream right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I cannot understand your first sentence. If you wanted to know if LP can craft in AE, then the answer is 'no'. The reason can be found five post above yours. That's the main reason (besides the style-factor) why I prefer autocrafting in LP - that way both systems can craft.
In 1.7 AE2 brings a crafting queue to overcome the problem of crafting reset every time you change the system. Maybe then LP will be able to craft in AE, but I doubt that'll be the case.

goooberlious

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry my phones autocorrect did some shifty things

I was wanting to know if an AE system can pull from a logistics network to craft in it but then be stored in the AE system to be pulled out by myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,

So i just watched the latest Direwolf20 Season 6 lp, and i was wondering if there was a way to recreate the functionality of his Logistics Pipe system, but instead of all his items being stored in chests they would find their way in to an AE network and could be autocrafted in said AE network.

The biggest thing I'm looking for is to save space by using the AE AutoCrafter, and the AE compression, but still have the ability to dump my inventory into a chest or chests (i have a big hose so im probably going to have multiple places to dump my inventory) and to still have it able to be sent to me via ender pouches or something comparable

If u need me to clarify on something let me know

Any ideas are appreciated, ty

I'm a derp, i didn't remember about the ME interface, soo i guess i can get my LP and AE to talk to one another, but im still trying to figure out how i can just throw everything into a chest and get it to send everything to the ae network for storage
Unfortunately ae can request crafting to Logistics pipes but logistics pipes can't send requests to ae. I think they are workings this but it had been a while so I am not sure.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
I was wanting to know if an AE system can pull from a logistics network to craft in it but then be stored in the AE system to be pulled out by myself
Attach a request pipe to an ME interface and the AE system will be able to request items (including crafting) from the LP system.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Actually you can do this a little bit. Essentially you build the AE system so it supplies a solar panel in components to an ME interface. Then you only need an LP crafting table, and as soon as it pulls the components to craft a panel, AE goes straight to work to refill the components.

Alternately, you could use AE's crafting system, if you're comfortable enough with Computer Craft. Open Peripherals has an ME terminal bridge that can control AE crafting, and can request items to be made. Set up a level emitter to change states when you have one of a certain item you know you'll only ever have one of in the AE system, and set it up to be exported into an Ender Chest. When you want a solar panel, you send the item into the return Ender Chest. AE reads that it has it, and then dumps it into the sending Ender Chest. That pulses the Level Emitter, which can trigger the computer to craft a solar panel.

And for storing into AE from LP, just use a Basic LP pipe, and set it to default route.

Badtz

Jul 29, 2019
also, you could add the AE as a computercraft peripheral and use this to start autocrafting from afar, maybe using openperipherals glasses