Apiarist pipe

happypyro

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get it to take out bees and products, i've seen people on older versions supply the actual apiary with power, but that doesn't seem to work now

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use wooden transport pipes plus redstone engine/autarchic gate attached to them, like for every other not self-outputting inventory. The apiarists pipe itself is just an upgraded diamond pipe.

happypyro

Jul 29, 2019
I tried using wooden pipes prior to making this but i've never used autarchic gates, i'll have to look into that

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I tried using wooden pipes prior to making this but i've never used autarchic gates, i'll have to look into that
Autarchic gates are just redstone engines you can wrap around the pipe itself rather than taking up an entire block, and can be configured to run indefinitely without a redstone signal necessary. It's a space-saver, but a good one.

The important thing to note is that the Apiarist's Pipe doesn't automatically draw anything from the apiaries.

Once Insertion Pipes become available, you can use these to automate your apiaries. The top of the apiary has a wooden pipe with an autarchic gate, which wraps around to the side where there's an insertion pipe connected to an iron pipe. This is set up in series, so that all spare drones and products are filtered out to a single apiarist's pipe, which sends the spare drones to a Void Pipe and the products to your production facility.

Reactions: Catfather12

Zeric

Jul 29, 2019
Once Insertion Pipes become available, you can use these to automate your apiaries.

You can automate them now, even without a insertion pipe.

2012-12-27_20.50.45.png

The top Apiarist's Pipe is set princesses go black, and drones go green, while items go blue (removed pipe for better screenshot).

The second Apiarist's Pipe is set that drones go yellow. Any extra drones drop out of the pipe and fall into the obsidian pipe which go straight into a void pipe.

I got this idea from another person on these forums.

DR3ADLORD

Jul 29, 2019
I set up even a different setup which allows for massive amounts of apiaries to be right next to each other.

Zeric

Jul 29, 2019
Mine is used for item production. With a world anchor nearby I don't need any frames in the apiaries to increase the amount of items, 24/7 production.

Your build has a fun thing to watch bees flying around. I could just sit there watching the bee fly around for quite sometime. ^_^

For your comb collecting you could use an Apiarist's Pipe to send the items one way and the bees into your randomizer.