Anyone know of a good energy storage battery???

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GoldenGamerUK

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking to invest in a power cell for my base, now some of you might get confused when say storage cell, I'm not looking to make a single energy cell, I'm looking to make a massive buffer thingy, where the power comes in the top and out the bottom. Whilst I'm here, best way to get ender pearls?

GoldenGamerUK

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO Capacitor Banks. Multiblock power storage. Each one increases RF input and output as well as storage.
I was going to make that after... Mind reader... I was trying to suggest a TE3 battery, just for the plain fact on that you can make it look like a BAWS structure!!!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Then just make a ton of TE3 energy cells and configure the inputs and outputs correctly.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The best way to get ender pearls depends on pack and your point in the tech/resource tree.

If you're on a pack with Mystcraft, Thaumcraft, and Extra Utilities I think making random ages until you get a high/flat and/or cave world to raid barrows and shrines for ender-lily seeds is your best bet, particularly since you can accomplish this in the first real-world day of play.
If you're on skyblock a properly-designed vanilla mob trap will get you plenty of ender pearls.
If you have MFR you can autospawn endermen.
Worst-case scenario you go to The End, build a roof with no walls and farm them manually with a good looting sword.

Been a long time since I played a pack where ender pearls was any sort of hurdle. Meanwhile on Agrarian Skies I'm wracking my brain attempting to acquire some lily pads. I setup a Mariculture auto-fisher hoping that one of the trash loots might be lily pads. I've gotten sticks, bottles, boots, lots of fish, no lily pads---yet.

GoldenGamerUK

Jul 29, 2019
Then just make a ton of TE3 energy cells and configure the inputs and outputs correctly.
Yeah but I need a theme to design it off of, book film, granny's name, I couldn't give a shit, as long as its something. I came here cos I'm flat out of ideas!

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Id go for something modern industrial, especially if going with resonant energy cell towers or IO banks.

the striped factory blocks from chisel make a good "danger" floor.
play around, find what block combos look best to you for a modern industrial look.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The best way to get ender pearls depends on pack and your point in the tech/resource tree.

If you're on a pack with Mystcraft, Thaumcraft, and Extra Utilities I think making random ages until you get a high/flat and/or cave world to raid barrows and shrines for ender-lily seeds is your best bet, particularly since you can accomplish this in the first real-world day of play.
If you're on skyblock a properly-designed vanilla mob trap will get you plenty of ender pearls.
If you have MFR you can autospawn endermen.
Worst-case scenario you go to The End, build a roof with no walls and farm them manually with a good looting sword.

Been a long time since I played a pack where ender pearls was any sort of hurdle. Meanwhile on Agrarian Skies I'm wracking my brain attempting to acquire some lily pads. I setup a Mariculture auto-fisher hoping that one of the trash loots might be lily pads. I've gotten sticks, bottles, boots, lots of fish, no lily pads---yet.
Lily pads in AgS? Try using a crook on dirt under water. I haven't done this personally, but I saw @Jadedcat mention this as a way to get them.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Lily pads in AgS? Try using a crook on dirt under water. I haven't done this personally, but I saw @Jadedcat mention this as a way to get them.

Doesn't seem to do anything besides break the dirt block again. I left a few there, maybe something will happen.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't seem to do anything besides break the dirt block again. I left a few there, maybe something will happen.
It's not likely gonna be fast, like breaking oak leaves waiting for a silkworm, if not slower. In any case, hopefully JadedCat can explain how this works.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It's not likely gonna be fast, like breaking oak leaves waiting for a silkworm, if not slower. In any case, hopefully JadedCat can explain how this works.

I don't think it does anything directly because it isn't harvesting/breaking like a leaf, it is like you dug the dirt up with a shovel, you get the block back.

Fishing gives lily pads. Don't know what they guy is talking about with crooks.

vanilla fishing or mariculture fishing? I've had mfr fisher, mariculture auto-fisher, and fish nets for days, nothing but fish and junk. :) Be snagging the water hives from quest, be covered either way.

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it does anything directly because it isn't harvesting/breaking like a leaf, it is like you dug the dirt up with a shovel, you get the block back.

vanilla fishing or mariculture fishing? I've had mfr fisher, mariculture auto-fisher, and fish nets for days, nothing but fish and junk. :) Be snagging the water hives from quest, be covered either way.

I used the Mariculture fishing rod with maggot bait when I got it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I ran through 5-6 stacks of grasshoppers, I'll switch to maggots and see what I get. Thanks.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
went from what batteries are best to fish and grasshoppers

this thread is pure win :)

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
really surprised no one one said mekanism mod

this is my battery reservoir for my entire base about 125 ultimate energy cubes

59MtAD2.png

I supply it with power from a Big reactor that is set for low power output, basicly it trickle charges the batteries but when i need a burst of power like when a quarry is running, that needs power and then as the ore is ender chested home it is automated into my mek triple ore processing system that for about 8 hours needs lots of power to run non stop. and my batteries will hold for it, that resover will drop to half power storage but by then quarry is done and the big reactor is trickle charging my batteries again back to full power

Note: these batteries are also portable, you can break them and they retain there power

Reactions: Padfoote

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
really surprised no one one said mekanism mod

this is my battery reservoir for my entire base about 125 ultimate energy cubes

59MtAD2.png

I supply it with power from a Big reactor that is set for low power output, basicly it trickle charges the batteries but when i need a burst of power like when a quarry is running, that needs power and then as the ore is ender chested home it is automated into my mek triple ore processing system that for about 8 hours needs lots of power to run non stop. and my batteries will hold for it, that resover will drop to half power storage but by then quarry is done and the big reactor is trickle charging my batteries again back to full power

Note: these batteries are also portable, you can break them and they retain there power
One reactor? Boring! Make every generator, dynamo, and engine and have all of them pumping into a bank of 900 ultimate energy cubes running 50 max sized quarry+ quarries, an AE system providing for your entire base, and a 5x ore system.

J

jadenquinn