Anyone have Gregtech installed, I have a question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I am trying to make electronic circuits. The recipe calls for 6 copper wires (which I can make), 1 iron plate, which I can make, and 2 red alloy plates, which I can't make.

The machine that makes them requires 4 invar plates (which I can make), a cupernickle coil (which I can't make as I can't make the machine you craft it in), a conveyor module (which I can't make due to it needing 2 circuits)

I have found a work around to the circuits, but it involves using a lot of experience to make.

Anyone have any advice for me here ?

I am ultimately trying to make geothermal generators, which require empty cells. But the only way to make those require some relatively advanced machinery when using Gregtech.

I like the mod, and don't want to give it up, but was hoping those with more experience may be able to help me here with some ideas.

Thanks.

I am using the DW20 pack with GregT and a few other mods added if that helps.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
What do I need to change to get back the OLD recipe for those circuits? Can anyone help me?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
What do I need to change to get back the OLD recipe for those circuits? Can anyone help me?
image.jpg

Reactions: xbony2

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
And it is a necro in my book.
Your book isn't really the one that matters.

If you genuinely believe something's a necropost, hit Report, say so, and move along. When it comes to dealing with necropost moderation, the only thing more annoying that cleaning up a necro is cleaning up a necro with five replies because people felt like getting their snark on.

(For the record, something that'll get a "necropost lock" is a combination of (a) long downtime -- month or more -- and (b) lack of relevance to the current Minecraft modding scene.)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Your book isn't really the one that matters.

If you genuinely believe something's a necropost, hit Report, say so, and move along. When it comes to dealing with necropost moderation, the only thing more annoying that cleaning up a necro is cleaning up a necro with five replies because people felt like getting their snark on.

(For the record, something that'll get a "necropost lock" is a combination of (a) long downtime -- month or more -- and (b) lack of relevance to the current Minecraft modding scene.)
Oh. I usually conside 3 weeks enough time, I did not know Necroposts actually warranted a report. I just like using the picture.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I played alot of 1.6.4 with gregtech, and the only way to change it back is to uninstall gt :D

Going through the bronze age, and using the bronze machines I actually progress to generators/electric machines rather quickly. Only takes 1 copper ingot, and 4 redstone per redstone alloy, and 4 total to make 2 plates (1 circuits worth). I'd urge ya to give it another shot.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Going through the bronze age, and using the bronze machines I actually progress to generators/electric machines rather quickly. Only takes 1 copper ingot, and 4 redstone per redstone alloy, and 4 total to make 2 plates (1 circuits worth). I'd urge ya to give it another shot.
Well the alloy plate is the gt recipe.
But the 'old' recipe is the ic2 one... Unless I missunderstood your post :b

Sent via tapatalk

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Red alloy ingots are an item added by Project Red as well, and you can use plain old TiCo smeltery to make them (without needing extra bronze ingots). How compatible they are to greg (ore dictionary should make them compatible), I don't know.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Check the configs for "requires plates" or something. I forget the actual config line, or if it will work on redstone plates, but iirc, it did remove the requirement for plates in tools and other things.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Oh noes! Not TiCo with Gregtech! Those mods don't work together!

Actually they won't quite fine if ya have the configs fixed.

Well the alloy plate is the gt recipe.
But the 'old' recipe is the ic2 one... Unless I missunderstood your post :b

The alloy plate (at least your first set of them) I made in the bronze smeltery. I got an electric alloy smelter up first. The circuits take 6 copper cable, 1 iron plate (made with a hammer and 2 iron ingots unless you got a rolling machine) , and 2 red alloy plates (made with 2 gregtech red alloy ingots that are made with 1 copper ingot and 4 redstone each).

To my knowledge there isn't a way to use the old recipe. I been using gregtech for so long that I've just become accustomed to doing things the hard way. (

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend getting an assembling machine as soon as possible, so you can make circuits using the alternative recipe using electrum and iron plates.

Reactions: YX33A