Any updates for xycraft and/or Thaumcraft 3?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

chardo440

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if anyone has heard any updates about either of these mods? I really am looking forward to the defense golems the most and the fabricator from xycraft.

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
dunno about dates but i think the next time those mods will update is after 1.5

whoops >< looks like thaumcraft has updated, dunno about Xycraft though rumor is 1.5

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard the only ETA for xycraft's machines was late 1.4-1.5 ish time frame.
Or if it makes anyone feel better: Soon(tm)

Or for the repetitive version:
Coding takes time... blah blah blah... real life is a dick... blah blah blah... patience is a virtue... blah blah blah...

Take your pick of any of the above three responses, depending on your mood they can all be applicable ;)

edit: also, trolls be trolling, don't be feeding

Reactions: Dravarden

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
However, Thaumcraft 3.0.2 requires forge 6.6.0, which in turn requires minecraft 1.4.7 - so if you're playing Mindcrack, for instance, you're out of luck.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Xycraft may be updated soon since fabricators and multi tanks are working. If you want to know when mods are updating or about new features you should watch livestreams and youtube videos of people on forgecraft. Last night we just found out that tesseracts are being added to thermal expansion which are pretty much a really advanced version of teleport pipes.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
From the updates thread, it looks like a new version with TC 3.0.2 is in internal testing, but no mention of xycraft

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard the only ETA for xycraft's machines was late 1.4-1.5 ish time frame.
Or if it makes anyone feel better: Soon(tm)

Or for the repetitive version:
Coding takes time... blah blah blah... real life is a dick... blah blah blah... patience is a virtue... blah blah blah...

Take your pick of any of the above three responses, depending on your mood they can all be applicable ;)

edit: also, trolls be trolling, don't be feeding

I think Soaryn is just too busy running around being Direwolf20s go-fer on his LP videos to work on the mod :D

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you who got excited about TC 3.0.2, some important info:

TC 3.0.2 requires Forge 6.6, which requires MC 1.4.7. So you won't get any delicious Tier 3 until the packs update - or you could grab the testing versions, although personally I'm fine waiting until Monday.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
So it turns out Xycraft isn't completely useless... Xychroium crystals have Thaumcraft aspects now!

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
The changes to thaumcraft in the newest versions of dw20, mindcrack and magic world (all development version and are still being bug tested) are:
Updated to 1.4.7
  • Welcome to tier 3!
  • possible fix for corrupt nodeid count
  • thaumcraft monster worldspawns can now be disabled in the config settings
  • some server config settings will now be sent to the client whenever it connects
  • fixed crash when displaying aspects of items without actual aspects
  • added warded glass
  • warded stone, glass and arcane door is now set to be completely unbreakable even for the person that placed them. They can only be picked up by using a casting wand on them.
  • added iron and gold keys to grant others access to an arcane door. See your thaumonomicon for details.
  • added warded pressure plates (new research)
  • arcane levitators are now more responsive and individual levitators in a stack can be powered down to reduce the levitation height. Only levitators above (or below) the one that has been powered down will be counted for lift or fall distance
  • aura node rarity is now configurable.
  • For texture pack makers: ss_core.png was getting a bit crowded so some stuff has been moved to ss_world.png
  • added another source of the aura aspect
  • added another source of the Mutatio aspect
  • golems no longer flee when damaged. It caused more problems than it prevented
  • added amber blocks and bricks. Blocks are crafted with 4 amber and amber bricks with 4 amber blocks. All of these can be converted back into amber.
  • rebalanced the casting wands (wand of the apprentice, adept and thaumaturge)
  • casting wands now have their own gui elements
  • changed the way data is stored for casting wands.
  • slowed casting wand recharge rates while in inventory. Wands now recharge at the same rate in both tables and the players inventory. Higher tier wands have higher recharge rates.
  • *WARNING*: Due to these changes there is a very small chance that existing casting wands with damage might break. You may also need to remove any wands from crafting tables and hold them in your inventory for a moment before they will start working with the new system.
  • in the ongoing battle to prevent data loss, research data is now saved with the players vanilla NBT data. As a happy side-effect this seems to solve the offline/online issue. \o/
  • aura data is now saved as part of the normal MC chunk data. As a result any kind of aura operations now only takes place on nodes in loaded chunks. This has already been true for the most part, but previously a small number of operations could still take place even in unloaded chunks.
  • *IMPORTANT* I will be removing all legacy saving methods for both research and auras in a FUTURE update. Research data for players that haven't logged in since this update, and aura data for chunks that have not been loaded WILL be lost. Don't worry, I will give ample warning when I do it.
  • added several new enchants - check your thaumonomicon for details. They do not require research to unlock.
On another note there isn't an update to xycraft in any of the, however i can't wait for it to update because if you have been watching direwolf20's lets play he is talking about how soaryn has completely revolutionised how electricity and energy systems work within minecraft

Reactions: EternalDensity

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
The changes to thaumcraft in the newest versions of dw20, mindcrack and magic world (all development version and are still being bug tested) are:
Updated to 1.4.7
  • Welcome to tier 3!
  • possible fix for corrupt nodeid count
  • thaumcraft monster worldspawns can now be disabled in the config settings
  • some server config settings will now be sent to the client whenever it connects
  • fixed crash when displaying aspects of items without actual aspects
  • added warded glass
  • warded stone, glass and arcane door is now set to be completely unbreakable even for the person that placed them. They can only be picked up by using a casting wand on them.
  • added iron and gold keys to grant others access to an arcane door. See your thaumonomicon for details.
  • added warded pressure plates (new research)
  • arcane levitators are now more responsive and individual levitators in a stack can be powered down to reduce the levitation height. Only levitators above (or below) the one that has been powered down will be counted for lift or fall distance
  • aura node rarity is now configurable.
  • For texture pack makers: ss_core.png was getting a bit crowded so some stuff has been moved to ss_world.png
  • added another source of the aura aspect
  • added another source of the Mutatio aspect
  • golems no longer flee when damaged. It caused more problems than it prevented
  • added amber blocks and bricks. Blocks are crafted with 4 amber and amber bricks with 4 amber blocks. All of these can be converted back into amber.
  • rebalanced the casting wands (wand of the apprentice, adept and thaumaturge)
  • casting wands now have their own gui elements
  • changed the way data is stored for casting wands.
  • slowed casting wand recharge rates while in inventory. Wands now recharge at the same rate in both tables and the players inventory. Higher tier wands have higher recharge rates.
  • *WARNING*: Due to these changes there is a very small chance that existing casting wands with damage might break. You may also need to remove any wands from crafting tables and hold them in your inventory for a moment before they will start working with the new system.
  • in the ongoing battle to prevent data loss, research data is now saved with the players vanilla NBT data. As a happy side-effect this seems to solve the offline/online issue. \o/
  • aura data is now saved as part of the normal MC chunk data. As a result any kind of aura operations now only takes place on nodes in loaded chunks. This has already been true for the most part, but previously a small number of operations could still take place even in unloaded chunks.
  • *IMPORTANT* I will be removing all legacy saving methods for both research and auras in a FUTURE update. Research data for players that haven't logged in since this update, and aura data for chunks that have not been loaded WILL be lost. Don't worry, I will give ample warning when I do it.
  • added several new enchants - check your thaumonomicon for details. They do not require research to unlock.

On another note there isn't an update to xycraft in any of the, however i can't wait for it to update because if you have been watching direwolf20's lets play he is talking about how soaryn has completely revolutionised how electricity and energy systems work within minecraft
Have you seen the xycraft power system? I think he's only shown it once in his videos but soaryn occasionally streams xycraft development and it looks really cool.