Any updates for xycraft and/or Thaumcraft 3?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
All the Xycraft bashing makes me sad. Not everything has to be "useful" I say add more useless but pretty blocks! I want Xycrome bricks of the other colors, I'd love a purple xychrome brick block...

Also Xycraft might wanna fix the xychromium cloneing exploit with the xychromium bricks if they want to give them actual useful benefit. Currently 1 Xychromium brick converts back to 4 xychromium. But you create 4 bricks for 4 xychromium, then again it consumes the stone used but to clever players stone is a renewable resource. Potentialy you only need to mine 2 of each xychromium ore and so long as you are cooking enough stone your supply is unlimited.

If this was intended then I'll shut up.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
All the Xycraft bashing makes me sad. Not everything has to be "useful" I say add more useless but pretty blocks! I want Xycrome bricks of the other colors, I'd love a purple xychrome brick block...

The "Xycraft bashing" is more tongue-in-cheek humor than anything else. In truth, a lot of people are eagerly waiting for the mod because it adds something that, so far, doesn't really exist in the FTB environment - a straight sci-fi theme. In all of the tech mods we have in FTB, the only thing that is futuristic in any way is the gravitation chestplate. And that's just a minor add-on to a mod that makes no attempt to leave the realm of contemporary technology.

Xycraft on the other hand is going batshit crazy with thick sci-fi flavor, and for that reason alone people are taking notice. And based on what's been teased so far, I'm pretty sure Soaryn and his team are toying with some really funky, unique mechanics. When people joke about Xycraft's uselessness, they don't do it because they think it's laughable, but because they can't wait to finally get their hands on it. ;)

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I worry more about Yog-Sothoth personally.
DESCO isn't that scary. :p
(Sorry, Disgaea 4 joke, couldn't resist.)

Anyways as some said in other threads, i just wish those Xycraft ores didn't spawn sooo often.
I'll be glad when it finally gets some use, but in the meantime I'm fine disabling the Mod, I like mining a lot and all the lights from the ores kinda kill it for me when exploring caves.
(Not to mention the seem a bit out of place.)

Don't get me wrong, I love the blocks and the idea of the mod, but I personally think it has still needs much work to be done.
(Yet again, it could be just me.)

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft update is at least in DW20 v5, and I heard it is also in Magic and Mindcrack.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
xychorium is used for every xycraft block, thats why it's common
True, however there are many ores that are used in tons or recipes and aren't as 'spammy' shall we say? as Xychorium.

Perhaps one way to fix this would be to simply make one kind of Xychorium ore that comes in mid-large veins, and that ore in turn you can make into each different kind of Xychorium somehow?

Reactions: Zmaster27

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
that would be better because later you would be able to add more colors without needing worldgen

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
im trully waiting for xycraft to gives us some more stuff to do:) i like playing every single mod in the mods packs and xycraft seems its going to be very nice as soon as it passes the "pretty block" stage.

/manu

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
True, however there are many ores that are used in tons or recipes and aren't as 'spammy' shall we say? as Xychorium.

Perhaps one way to fix this would be to simply make one kind of Xychorium ore that comes in mid-large veins, and that ore in turn you can make into each different kind of Xychorium somehow?
That's a great idea. Xychorium and maybe some metallic paint made with dyes and aluminum. Get on it, Soaryn.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
XYCraft has to be my most anticipated mod right now... I absolutely ADORE how the bricks look, would make my entire base out of it if I had enough

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

Easy to do and already sort of done. The color of the ore is only important for the storage block colors everything else uses dyes to set there color. Just make the storage block one color and make a new low teir storage block plus dye for the rest of the extra colors of storage block. Say make white the default ore color.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
the only thing I don't like about xycraft is the quartz crystals... yeah theres the problem with multiple ID's... but the worst problem with it is the fact that it renders each and every crystal in the ground... the way vanilla works is only rendering what is touching open air, and quartz seems to think that it is open air... if Soaryn can change this, so that it acts like a full block, then it would help immensely against lag on slower machines like mine. You can prove this by making a block invisible in your TP, or if you encounter a world hole.

Reactions: EternalDensity

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I have the sneaking suspicion that when xycraft is done the spawn rate will go down, that they are only so common for testing.
Then once it's done we'll want them more.
That's why I'm hoarding every crystal I see like a madman. Either they end up being useful for something in the end, or I'll one day make a tower out of the shield blocks.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with the crystal visibility issue: last night chunks around me were loading rather slower compared to some further away and I kept seeing through the ground and about all I could see was quarts crystals everywhere :p

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The "Xycraft bashing" is more tongue-in-cheek humor than anything else. In truth, a lot of people are eagerly waiting for the mod because it adds something that, so far, doesn't really exist in the FTB environment - a straight sci-fi theme. In all of the tech mods we have in FTB, the only thing that is futuristic in any way is the gravitation chestplate. And that's just a minor add-on to a mod that makes no attempt to leave the realm of contemporary technology.

Xycraft on the other hand is going batshit crazy with thick sci-fi flavor, and for that reason alone people are taking notice. And based on what's been teased so far, I'm pretty sure Soaryn and his team are toying with some really funky, unique mechanics. When people joke about Xycraft's uselessness, they don't do it because they think it's laughable, but because they can't wait to finally get their hands on it. ;)

Sci Fi? I find the style more demonic then sci-fi. Match up some redXY brick with that super blackXY brick and you have the base components for a demonic temple of evil evil devilness. (throw a few shields in for taste)

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Well I've decided to remove it from my pack for the time being. The overabundance of ores and the always-rendered crystals and the corn and henequin making it much harder to find wheat and flax... Just wasn't worth it for a few fancy decorations. If and when it's updated to include machines, I'll just go farming in a mystcraft age.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Sci Fi? I find the style more demonic then sci-fi. Match up some redXY brick with that super blackXY brick and you have the base components for a demonic temple of evil evil devilness. (throw a few shields in for taste)
well, you can do the same with other blocks (Warded stone from TC3 comes to mind) but that doesn't make it "demonic" that's just how red+black happens to look sometimes. But once you look at the planned features XYcraft is clearly intended to be sci-fi (I mean, a power gid made out of lasers? Come on!)

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
well, you can do the same with other blocks (Warded stone from TC3 comes to mind) but that doesn't make it "demonic" that's just how red+black happens to look sometimes. But once you look at the planned features XYcraft is clearly intended to be sci-fi (I mean, a power gid made out of lasers? Come on!)
*Swagrays.